Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

Used C-Class for Sale
Select your model:
12345...27

Pros
Cons

nothing but love for this lil guy!

Colin C, 11/10/2017
C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't sure what to expect when I got rid of my 2014 (F30) BMW 335i xDrive in favor of this 10 year old Benz. I've always loved the way they looked and how comfy they were, so even though some may see it as a "downgrade", I have been nothing but happily surprised with this car. It's easily the most comfortable, quiet, soft, forgiving car I have ever had the pleasure of owning. It has never stranded me, and has only needed new tires and two oil changes since I got it a year and a half ago. I get compliments on it everywhere I go, and I love driving it. The engine pulls and sounds incredible. I would buy this 100 times over. I'm a Mercedes diehard now because of this car.

44,000 miles and stuck in 2nd gear

sousame, 09/05/2011
C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have babied this car! freeway mostly easy on the gas pedal ext... first the trans would randomly be stuck in 3rd gear as im driving. I would have to stop turn the key off then restart. I was going to take it to the dealership soon but now i cant even do that it wont shift into anything but 2nd or reverse or park. very very very disapointed in this high dollar vehicle. will be even more so if there is not a recall on this. i didnt blow my bank account and pay cash for something that wont even last me 44,000 mile.... will update soon with my results....

Enjoyable drive

KS, 11/15/2006
C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 7 months now. To sum my experience up: I like it. Love the look (mine is black). The one-hour drive I spend everyday to/from work is enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable. The car is very responsive (for a mild driver), turns corners very well. It feels 'solid' as you maneuver it. I did not like the fact that the default CD does not read MP3 files, which was not mentioned anywhere when I did my research before purchase (fortunately I got the 6CD option). Gas mileage for my first 8000 city/highway miles is around 26.5MPG. Having seen some complaints about Benz's reliability elsewhere, mine is so far trouble-free. Hope it will remain so.

2006 Mercedes C230 sport

mike marashdeh, 02/20/2017
C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

best car I ever owned Comfortable sporty and Luxury ride with great Fuel Economy (25-30 miles/gal.). Low Maintenance Cost (comparing to other classes of Mercedes) with powerful engine and smooth transmission

Transmission Problems Right After 4 Years

itsats, 01/10/2012
C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This was the first time that I purchased a brand new car. It has been nothing but problems since owning it. In addition to costly regular maintenance, I have had to replace brakes, rotors twice, tires need to be replaced often, the power steering pump went out, and shortly after 52,000 miles I began having transmission problems. It continues to start in a higher gear creating lag when I push on the gas. Other times, it will not automatically upshift and stays in first gear. In ordet to override the problem, I pull over, turn off the car, and then restart again. I will NEVER purchase a MB again.

12345...27