Used 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

1992 Mercedes 300TE
By Terry

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4dr Wagon

Just bought this wagon and I'm restoring it. The engine runs great, no mechanical issues, just the usual for it's age. Need to repair the auto antenna, replace the rubber around the outside mirrors, replace the under hood insulation, replace the plastic grill as someone broke a piece of it and will renew the shifter bushings. Car runs great, cargo area nice, A.C. , radio, tires and brakes are in good shape. The only other item is to detail the engine bay and it will be a classy, unusual, nice ride which I believe will appreciate in value.

Awesome 300 TE 4Matic
By jon sherbon

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

Check Maintenance record

Purring bass engine even at 300+k miles
By johnnymagness@sbcglobal.net

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

Bought my 300e three years ago with just under 200k on it. Have driven all this time with less than $1500 in repairs. It has been the "go to" car for any of the adult kids when they need it so, it experiences different driving styles. I just gave it to my daughter and her husband as they needed a second car, and at 309,000 miles it is giving them great service. It get 24mpg in mixed driving mostly highway. Body and interior have held up very well as the seats and dashboard have no cracks and the car stays outside in the Oklahoma sun. Second best car I've ever had, with the '81 300SD being the best. I just " upgraded" to the '93 300e. Best cars on the road today.

I think I'm in love...
By mybabysadie

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 300E yesterday and I'm absolutely in love with it. I previously owned a 1996 Ford Windstar minivan I inherited from my dad, and I hated driving. With my 300E, driving is my new favorite activity! I love the ride...so smooth! It has 180,000 miles on it right now and I'm hoping for lots more!

Moon roof, leather seats, comfortable smooth ride

Shifts kind of hard when I first start driving it, but easier as the engine warms up

No Urban Myth
By tommy sav

1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car with 255k on it. I have driven it for 3 years now and the mileage now sits at 448k. I once read in one of the snooty Mercedes forums that "the legendary half-million mile diesel is largely urban myth." I expect to go well beyond this number. I don`t baby it either. I sometimes go up to 16k miles between oil changes and pour used vegetable oil right in blending it with diesel in summer only of course. This has had zero effect on performance. A German tank!

33 m.p.g.