Used 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Consumer Reviews

Used 300-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

300D 2.5 Turbo - Great car to own

Thor, 04/03/2002
300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Could not be more pleased with my 300D - great performance with diesel MPG

No Urban Myth

tommy sav, 06/26/2010
300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car with 255k on it. I have driven it for 3 years now and the mileage now sits at 448k. I once read in one of the snooty Mercedes forums that "the legendary half-million mile diesel is largely urban myth." I expect to go well beyond this number. I don`t baby it either. I sometimes go up to 16k miles between oil changes and pour used vegetable oil right in blending it with diesel in summer only of course. This has had zero effect on performance. A German tank!

My daily driver economy car

bigbux98, 04/25/2008
300SD Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Somehow, I realized that my car collection was more like a guzzler collection except for my 1998 Corvette. I own a new BMW M5, a 1999 GMC Envoy, a 1988 Mercedes 560 SEC, and a 1994 GMC Jimmy, and I soon realized that nothing had good gas mileage in my garage, except for my motorcycle and Corvette. I was going to buy a Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla, but I am 6'3" and 260 and needed leg and hip room. I discovered the MB 300SD by sheer accident, but wow, I am getting about 500 miles per tankful in the city and 600 or more on the highway. Not bad for a full size luxury sedan. And throw in all of the forums that help with everything except the most difficult of repairs and you cannot lose.

300 TE Now a Dinosour

Sean Craft, 11/07/2005
300TE 4dr Wagon

These wagons have always been among the most handsome cars on the road. For a 1992 model, they were generously equipped and the 92's were the first with standard dual airbags. Compared to newer cars I have owned, the transmission is slow to respond and jerks. The A/C system temp is very hard to modulate, either full on or too low. As these cars age common problems are: Cruise control/power windows/mirrors, central lcoking, valve cover gaskets prone to leaking, rear air suspensions fail eventually, cooling system fails eventually as well. All these repairs are pricy but once fixed, won't happen again for the life of the car. Bargain used but get one that was pampered!

Purchasing Hi-milage 300TE4 Mercedes

steffen, 09/28/2002
300TE 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

Vehicle I purchased for $6500 has 144,000 miles on it . Always garaged, almost no visable wear inside or out. I knew mechanical items were needed and now fixed which were 1. brakes($500.), 2. front CV Joints ($500. re-built, after market-non-dealer), 3.general servicing of all fluids and filters. I turned off the 4WD function as new 4matic distribution valve is $2,000. Now a great car for $7,500. total less tax and license. New version of same wagon is $44,000. !

12345...6