Used 1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Mazda Miata 1999
By theladyq

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have owned this car since Mazda beefed up the exterior to add more "muscle" to its look in 1999 - that is almost 20 years ago. All I can say is that my car is still fun to drive (I tell people: "I don't run errands, I drive my car to get things done.") I just put $2,000+ into repairs that were needed. My take: This car doesn't owe me anything, and it's still fun to drive.

Hard to find any competition for this car!
By Phil y

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

If you want a simple car, purchase a Miata NA or NB. They are very easy to maintain and parts of all kinds are easy to find. If you enjoyed British cars from the 60's then you will love this Miata!

Supercharged, intercooled with awesome power/handl
By Mark Simmons

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

No worries, little maintenance.

My NEW (to me) Miata
By brianne12782

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I just bought a 1999 Mazda Miata. She's cherry red and with the beige lether interior, Bose sound system, P/W and P/L. I love her!!!
I've wanted a Miata since before I could drive and my mom refused when I was 16 years old to get me one, citing it was unsafe. I understand where she was coming from- plus when I went to college, in MAINE, my Miata would've been a silly choice.
However, I live and work in Boston and I love this car! No, I wont be able to take her out in the winter that much but she's a second car and well worth it.
She was just over $8,000 and had only 28,000 miles on it! I know right!!! She had one owner who kept her in a garage at his cape cod house! WHat a steal- mint!

How much fun it is to drive!!!! I'm only 5' 2" so for me it fits like a glove. It's funny how people say it's a girl car but everyone I've met with one is a dude- I seem to be the only girl who owns one!

I'd say push button retractable roof and possibly heated mirrors and seats but I ehard the fully loaded MX-5 Miata in 2013 has these already

Second time around
By mike9691

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

We bought our first Miata new in 2002.
Can't add anymore than everyone else has about how fun and reliable it was.
Had to get another car soon after because it was impractical for our needs at the time.
Ten years later, I found this 1999 with 140kmiles for a very good price and practicality be d****d.
It still runs like a new one and is just as much fun.
I'd like to disagree with everyone that says it's not a good choice for a 6 foot person.
I'm 6'1" and have plenty of room with the top down, which is the main reason for owning one.
It is a little tight for headroom with the top up, but that shouldn't keep a taller person from checking one out.

The sheer joy of driving it!

I believe that Mazda has hit a home run with the Miata. It's been around for 20 years, is stone reliable, and there are a ton of aftermarket performance parts available if you want it to go faster. I'm happy with the way it is.