Used 1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MX-5 Miata for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Roadster Fun

Fun Times, 11/11/2007

Great little car. Bought it when it was 9 years old with 33k miles on it. Other than tires, gas/oil only thing I've had to do was replace a fuse and the bulb in the tail light in the trunk while putting 21k more miles on it. With $3+ gas it gets good mileage and is fun to drive. Think it's still on the origional top although the rear windows foggy. Have owned an MG, Austin Healey, Sunbeam Tiger and an Alfa Romeo; the Miata's as fun to drive, starts when it's cold, keeps you dry in the rain and is as reliable as a stove.

92000 Miles & Still Going!

dougb, 04/29/2008

Got this car from my brother and what a joy to drive. It's not fast off the line but it has "maintenance speed" as you don't have to slow down for corners. Needs to be put up to 5000 rpm for shifting to get the maximum "go" out of it, this is what it was built for!

Old School roadster without the grief

debushau, 07/11/2003

Has the look and feel of an Elan or Sprite - sharp handling, moderate power, compact package - without the frailty. Reliable though not 100% - my car needed new a/c compressor, rear wheel bearings, ball joints, top is wearing out, beginning to feel "loose" with squeaks, new converter (x2), synchro on 2nd, radio kaput, etc. Motor is solid but doesn't pass muster in a sports car.

Dependable, classy Classic Roadster

J. Hendricks, 12/19/2005

I purchased my Miata new on a whim in summer of 1993 and still have the smile that I had 12+ years ago when I slip behind the wheel. The car is bullet proof mechanically and continues to make heads turn. The handling and low stance are true sports car through and through. If your idea of fun is to burn rubber at stop lights, you will be disappointed. It isn't a muscle car. If you are looking for a great used roadster that will remove you from the daily grind, you will never regret it. There are many aftermarket options to upgrade or renew your new friend.

Love my Miata!

Bradley, 10/13/2007

I bought this car sight unseen. Tan top and automatic transmision. It took me almost two days to fall in love with it. It handles extremely well. Floats down the highway. The engine is solid and sounds great too! Steering is tight and sure. I can really feel the road. And it stops fast! With the top down, there are no blind spots whatsoever, but, with the top up and if it's raining, whooo, it can get a little hairy. And the top does leak. But I can live with that. Overall I love my miata. No one drives a Miata because they HAVE to. they drive a Miata because they WANT to.