2018 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Drives two sizes smaller
By Mike Knibbs

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the torque, power is decent. But the connection to the driver is unbelievable in this class. I was prepared to go to Audi, Volvo, MDX or similar, but the quality of this Mazda was startling. My first from this maker. It's early days so reliability from the turbo is something to watch. Unlike my V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee where the raw power was apparent and tempting (albeit noisy) this AWD feels refined, subtle and puts a satisfied smile on my face (the Jeep was a teenage wide open grin). I guess this is a grown-ups SUV. Terrific Mazda !

Nice car, vibrates above 65mph
By PA CX9

2018 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I cross shopped extensively and felt that for 10 grand less the CX9 was a great deal. Quiet on the highway, smooth ride with 18" wheels, and nicely equipped. My only large complaint is that above 65mph it has a vibration. I went back and drove a GT and T model to see if it was a difference in tire size, but that wasn't the case. All three cars had the same thing to some degree. My suggestion is drive this car above 65mph on the highway, put the driver visor straight down and check that out and the rear view mirror and drive mirror to see if they vibrate, mine does! I can't really feel it in the wheel or car otherwise, if the passenger seat is empty that does vibrate as well. Radio is good, I love the dial interface, so much better than a touch screen while in transit. AC seems fine so far, just wish the HVAC controls were higher on the dash and not hidden behind the bin/shifter. Heads up display is great, not sure how I lived without that before. For me the hit is too large to trade this in, so going to try to live with vibrating things at least for a year and two and then maybe trade out if worse or the same. Also, the car rides much better on the 18's instead of the 20's but that comes down to person preference. I get 22-24 in mixed driving and 25-28 on the highway. Oh, and my local dealer's service department didn't want to even check tire balances for me for the vibration, this is the same dealer who failed to provide a sale price when I contacted them, so dealer support if so far crappy. Too bad for them, because I would have gone to them for service, not anymore.

Move down that was up
By Gary Mathews

2018 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded in our SRX and are really glad we did. More comfort, smoother shifting, better fuel economy and no noticeable loss of power. What’s not to like, plus its better looking.

Love My New CX9
By Tony

2018 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Wife has had several MX5's over the years. We have owned many mini vans but wanted to go to a SUV. After looking at several models, we went with the CX9 2018. So far the car has exceeded both of your expectations. There were a few things that was really new to us. First was the price. We have not paid this much for a car before. The second was all the extra features. Heated seats and steering wheel, head-up display, driver assist, and many more.

Traded my MX5 for the CX9
By Jim

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love it!!! I went from a Yukon XL to a Chevy truck and an MX5 for fun, but quickly found out that I needed much more room. I traded my MX5 for the CX9 and have absolutely no regrets. I love everything about it and so does my family.