2018 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Large enough for me!
By TB012

2018 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX9 12 months ago and I’ve been super happy with the vehicle. Great outside style and the interior looks close to a luxury vehicle. It drives extremely well for an SUV/Crossover. My wife has an Audi Q7 and my Mazda drives much better (not as heavy and light on its feet). Only knock is that it is not as big as some other three row SUVs but it MPG is better than those vehicle so that’s the compromise you need to make. I hardly ever (never) have used the third row so it’s basically a two row for me. I bought a rubber trunk cover and primarily use two rows. Great vehicle for the price! Great value!

Love my Mazda
By Ron

2018 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's great looking inside and out has lots of cool tech featuresans extras. It's fun to drive and fun to just sit back and look at.

CX - 9
By Jersey Guy.

2018 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Know how much you want to pay and the value of the car before shopping.

Almost 5 starts BUT...
By VK

2018 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Replaced one of our BMWs with CX-9 as we need 3-row SUV occasionally.
Love: windshield-projected display, how it drives.
Good: steering feeling is exceptional, engine and transmission are good, 3rd row is good enough for kids, a lot of techs that work pretty well.
Weird: when you shut the engine it turns off the audio and Bluetooth, no light in the glove box, the Bose surround mode is awful so I disabled it.
Bad: black leather interior gets too hot in FL (compare to my other BMW), AC not very powerful but very noisy when on full, backup camera is so-so.
Personal bad: the left foot rest is located too close to the driver and unlike BMW you cannot straight out your left leg (in Mazda the rest is closer to the driver than the pedals, in BMW the pedals are closer). Makes a big difference not in a good way.
If not the issue with the left foot rest I would give it 5. My wife doesn’t have that issue, she is not using the foot rest at all.

Awesome vehicle
By David

2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Absolutely love the ride quality and quality of interior. Feels like an upscale European car with fit and finish as well as layout of controls. Was deciding between pilot and cx9 and cx9 was hands down winner. They only gripes I have are with the location of climate controls which are partially blocked by the shift knob and controls. The rear cargo space is also limited with three rows up but most cars I looked at had same issues. Haven't really checked on gas mileage and safety and reliability are too new to comment on but overall very happy with car.