Used 2014 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Zoom zoom
By culver

2014 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The front end is below par: brakes warp easily, control arms and front wheel bearings need replacing. Handles well and is reliable. Sound unibody construction. Very good vehicle.

The makings of greatness
By Brian

2014 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I rate the vehicle very well. With a few tweaks this could be the perfect vehicle for families with 3+ kids. It has tons of cargo space for three active boys and all their gear. The three rows are spacious and even my oldest likes to ride in the back and has plenty of space. It is a very sharp looking crossover with a European style that I find very appealing. The interior is sporty and has nice finishing touches and it drives and parks like a much smaller car. It's nice not to have to drive a massive 9 passenger tank to fit the family and gear. However, the vehicle has a couple of quirks that I would like to see fixed if were to purchase a newer model in the future; wind noise around the side window frames is quite loud, transmission leakage, fuel economy is sub-par and equal to my full size pick-up, the tech is really sub-par and glitchy bluetooth interactions with phones and devices, and the head rest on the third row seats prevent the seats from folding flat without moving the second row forward a bit until they drop into place (this makes it a two-man-job or walking around the vehicle). As I said before, I really like it. I just want to see a few updates that would make it great for most families.

Grendel, the grey monster
By Keith Murphy

2014 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

A good solid SUV that has the size engine I need for towing my boat. However, it is much bigger than my RAV4 and took some getting used to. I got a good deal from Wilson Mazda in Ventura and a payment well within my limited budget.

Easilly Comfortable
By Angie Koenig

2014 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I like it , it is very nice handles very well so far only owned for a couple weeks. Only thing I wish is for better gas MPG but that's to be expected as it is a fairly large size SUV. Love it so far.

A Great Vehicle, Except for the Mileage
By Larry Peplin

2014 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm in the final couple of months of my 39 month lease. My CX-9 has been absolutely flawless in comfort, interior cargo space, handling and mechanicals. The only thing I can't live with anymore is the mileage. My average has never risen above 18.3 MPG in three years, at least according to the dash readout. I had expected better, but that is my only disappointment.