Used 2012 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Most Reliable Car I ever owned - EVER
By Gary

2012 Mazda CX-7 i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Zero maintenance required except tires and oil changes. Original brakes still at 93K miles. Bought it new and have had no trouble. Cabin comfort and noise is average but not a problem. My previous car was a Lexus ES300 and this car is more reliable.

2012 Mazda CX7 I Touring
By Bill Runion

2012 Mazda CX-7 i Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive and is very comfortable on long trips. Gas milage holds true to MPG ratings. Mazda is very slow on their recalls. Still waiting for the parts for the front idler arm/ball joint replacement from October 2016 (today is 6-30-2017). Also waiting to have the air bags replaced since March 2017. Besides that, it has held up well.

enjoyable to drive
By john clay

2012 Mazda CX-7 i Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for almost 5 years, runs great. No mechanical problems, replaced the tires and rear brakes and did the oil changes. The vehicle handles great, and gas mileage is pretty good. rides good but a little stiff for some people but that is why it handles so well. The vehicle has very few driver aids . and that's what I like about this vehicle. The Bluetooth works well and the Bose stereo is great.

Why did they discontinue the model?
By Paul Presson

2012 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I came to the CX-7 as an alternate to a Honda or Toyota SUV. The Mazda's are easier to find used and better priced. High points are the comfort, driveability, and value. Low points, it seems the people in the back seat are always hot and the people in the front seat are freezed out. The plastic used for the interior seems a little soft and has scratched kind of easily. But that's pretty minor stuff. I also would have liked something on the rear bumper instead of just the paint finish to guard against dings of loading stuff in and out of the back. Overall, I'm very happy with it and would definitely buy another one.

Zoom-clunk-Zoom
By l0vedriving

2012 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car. Hate the reliability. Every year when it turns spring, my A/C has a relay go bad causing A/C to fail. Not to mention the A/C is at best weak. The A/C drain gets clogged multiple times during the year leaking a small pond into my floor board. A few dash lights were fixed under warranty and now out again, out of warranty. Red on the clear tail lights is going white for some reason. Car makes a giant clunk when it is started when the fan engages, Mazda says its normal. Glitchy at best blue-tooth and audio streaming. The car always gets compliments, I just wish it was as reliable as it looks. I have black with chrome door handles and trim. I thought Mazda was reliable WAS WRONG.

I love my sunroof, heated seats, rear view camera and the over-all look of the car. I purchased new and now has 98K on it. I have had problems since It went out of warranty at 30k. The running boards installed from mazda come in handy loading the roof rack with my bikes. I also had mazda replace the halogen interior light bulbs with LED bulbs. FAR better than the standard crappy ones. Also purchased and installed a wood trim kit inside. Gorgeous, but everything I love was mostly add-ons that to me should've came standard. Also has the remote start option, but i loathe having a huge key and a remote start key fob It makes my keys rather bulky. There are far better cars out there.

Reliability is 2 out 5 stars at best. There is always some little thing going wrong with this car and it definitely adds up! There are multiple things they know are wrong with their vehicles but refuse to stand behind their product. 4 cylinder struggles when the car is loaded with four adults. Back seat room for my child is poor. Awkward loading area for the trunk. Large taller objects would fit if the opening wasn't so tight. POOR gas MPG because the four cylinder has to overwork. Tires are hard to find because of odd alloy size. Rear view camera screen is not the greatest at night or when the sun is on it. Do not buy mazda. Read all of forums for mazda vehicles. Its fun to drive. sometimes