Used 2016 Mazda CX-3 Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mazda CX-3 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-3 model:

AWD in a Small Package
By Meg

2016 Mazda CX-3 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

It is one of the only crossover SUVs with AWD: I was holding out for a Prius with AWD, but is still hasn't come out. Mileage is just okay - averaging about 30mpg, and the stereo system is really lousy: weak radio reception and TERRIBLE synchronization with my iPod. But it holds the road beautifully, even in slippery conditions, and heats up quickly, which were my two greatest concerns. Also, back windows are still quite high even when lowered to their max - not comfortable for my dog. Will likely not keep the car once my lease is up. Did get a very good service package and won't have to pay for a single oil change for 3 years.

I love driving this vehicle
By Sas

2016 Mazda CX-3 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Handles nice

Somewhat Disappointed
By Mark

2016 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in Fall of 2015. Was persuaded by all the great reviews about the handling and "funness" to drive. It is fun to drive and gets pretty good milage for an AWD (I'm getting about 32mpg on the highway). It is easy to see out of and steers very well. I also like that you can kick it into a manual shift mode, which is great for hilly areas or if you need some extra accelleration. Being small, its also pretty easy to park, especially with the back up camera. There are a few things though that have been annoying. 1. Reliability - after 2 1/2 years of ownership I am now on my second AC repair. 2. Electronics are hard to use. It doesn't seem very intuitive. I can never tell if I have my music on shuffle play or not. There is no indication to let you know. I still struggle with making phone calls from the car via the bluetooth connection. Overall the car seems OK, but if the AC goes again next year it will be at my expense and it will probably be the last Mazda I will ever own.

Cool little SUV
By Nancy

2016 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Correctly rated as having amenities beyond its price point. Not sluggish, but has Zoom Zoom, and it does! Good gas mileage. Only one drawback, road noise.

Mazda CX-3 Easily the Best Subcompact SUV
By Chuck C

2016 Mazda CX-3 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My factory warranty is about to expire, and I've had just a single problem. Early on, the blower developed a bothersome whine - not loud - on just one of the speed settings. My dealer replaced the blower and it never happened again. The CX-3 is a lot of fun to drive, but if cargo space is a priority, this vehicle may not be for you. Take the time to learn about the Mazda suite of Skyactiv technologies (there are animated videos on the Internet), before you take all your test drives. That information should help to convince you. Mazda's engineers are the best in the business.