Used 1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used B-Series Pickup for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
3.75 out of 5 stars

My little truck

paulst2419, 07/19/2012
B2300 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck in 2008 without knowing how many miles on it. Odometer was broken at 98k and the owner said he didn't even know. Looked up a carfax history report to learn it had 98k miles 4 years before we bought it. Estimations say that the truck now has about 200k miles on it. All we've done is drive it and do preventative maintenance and the truck runs good. I plan to run it until it doesn't run anymore and get a newer B3000. The truck does lack power but it is still the best investment I ever made. Bought it to keep miles off my nice car and it has done just that. With new Hankook tires it seems to float down the road. Not much of a "truck" but great value nonetheless.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Not fancy, but functional

Tom B., 06/06/2008
B2300 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

The B2300 is not the biggest, baddest truck out there. But for light hauling, home renovations, or city deliveries it is easy to maneuver and easy to park. Gas mileage is okay. Unfortunately, my wife is so fond of driving it to the garden store and the big-box outlet mall, I never see my truck anymore.

3.25 out of 5 stars

My Truck

PeaSoup, 12/25/2002
B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Good truck all around (95% Ford Ranger), Too many plastic parts that do break and are not cheap.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Nice Truck

Sushi, 02/06/2003
B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Truck is good. It has tons of low end grunt, but the top end suffers unless you go aftermarket parts. There have been a lot more appearing lately. You can go to rangerpowersports.com if you want more power and info about features. I do think the interior plastic is cheap though, but everything else is durable and utilitarian. It is the best handling truck I have ever driven.

4 out of 5 stars

b 2300 ,good little truck

nate, 03/04/2005
B2300 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been great so far. I love the gas mileage and nice looks. The inside is much roomier than would be expected. The truck lacks a little power, but that's to be expected. If you're looking for power you shouldn't have gone with a four cylinder in the first place.