Used 2015 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

UPDATE: April, 2017: to old review.....

ajax13, 10/07/2014
i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We traded a 2012(27k miles on it) for a new stunning 'red' 2015. Wife loved her old 2012 & had no intention to trade it in, until she drove the new one! Here are the reasons why she did: stunning body design & 'red'(gorgeous!!)color; ride is even smoother & still tight/no body lean in corners; interior is like a BMW=simple & elegant; great Nav system & placement on dash is excellent for driving & easy eye check off; loves the 'HD' Bose stereo system=is killer sound!; more room inside/drivers seat wider & more ergonomic=verrrrry comfy on long trips!!; in 2012, got 41-42mpg on highway, & 32mpg in city...this one on first 350 mile trip up WA mountains & back, got 44mpg!! & gets 34mpg in city. ....UPDATE- 2.5 years later, with 23,000 miles on it now........ Well, the car still is as great as the first review!!! Still getting same gas mileage, with city combo & highway trips! We did a CA trip, 700 miles each way, & got 44mpg on one leg & cruise control set at 65 mph (flat & a third in mountains); then, on way back, tested as set cruise at 75mph, & got 45mpg!!!!! Go figure! What a great highway cruiser!! Wife drives it all week to work, so combo city/highway driving, & loves the ride, & safety feeling! She loves the side radar alert, as it has seen cars when she has not. We both love the back up radar alerts, and the back up camera, that the 2012 model did not have. Now, can't live without it....lol. The ride is great, as smooth, but firm ride....like a BMW. Is a better suspension than the 2012 model, as can feel the changes...& a prime reason too for trading in old one for this new model, after test ride, & no plans of trade in, as wife still loved her 2012 Mazda3. But the test ride & all the new features, made it no choice for her...lol. Mechanically, been flawless & no problems at all...just normal services. Also, the new "Soul Red" color, is just stunning!! She still gets complements on the color, 2.5 years later!! And I never liked red cars too, until this color...changed my opinion....lol. So....a reco....if ya thinking of this car....do not hesitate! Go test drive it against all others in the class....hands down the best!! And, 2.5 years later, still the most fun car ever owned/driven...& have driven/had some hot cars in the past too...like BMW, Nissan 300ZX, Volvo sports sedan, etc......this one still best over all ranking, imo! Some others had snazzier features, but overall & all in all, this is the best package ever owned. Our older car is near the end of it's 20 year life...& looking at CX5, to replace the old Ford Explorer....as it has most of same features, & ride, as Mazda3. Looking forward to it in a year or so. ..... :)))

2015 Mazda 3 Sedan 2.0 Auto

rallen1980, 05/22/2015
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I like this car. Excellent gas mileage, and it manages that delicate balance of having good ride and good handling. Alloy wheels, independent rear suspension, 4-wheel disk brakes...lots of features for the price. The 2.0 is a bit underpowered, but I was shopping fuel economy and reliability, not price. There's always the 2.5 if you have to have power. I don't. I love the interior in this car. The big knob and flatscreen are pretty easy to get used to. Exterior styling can be described in 3 words- Drop Dead Gorgeous. Update: After owning this car for a year, I have only one complaint. The stock tires are worn out after 25,000 miles. "Fuel Efficient" tires will end up costing you way more money than you could ever save using less gas when they have to be replaced that often.

Top+ Safety, sporty, versatile, and highly fuel efficient

newenglandguy, 05/12/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Mazda is a pleasure to drive, with an eager engine and responsive and precise steering. On the highway with adaptive cruise activated, the car is on its way to driving itself; all we have to do is steer. Or, if we take more assertive control, the car lives up to its Grand Touring name. And, we’re very comfortable either way. Mazda undersells their engine technology. They have boosted thermodynamic efficiency by increasing the compression ratio to near-diesel levels, achieving near-diesel fuel efficiency on regular gas. Oh, but without the particulates, and while retaining the “zoom, zoom.” Our Mazda’s blind-spot warning beeps for mall shopping carts, and for dicey lane changes.

Saved my life

nfp, 01/16/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2015 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring sedan just after a crash that totaled my 2014 model with the same trim. I was T-Boned at full speed on the driver side by an SUV. The impact spun me 360 degrees and across the divider in opposing traffic, and I was hit on the other side by an oncoming car. My car was creamed. But side, curtain and front airbags cushioned me in nano-seconds, the frame held up enough, and my automatic 911 system triggered a call through bluetooth while I was still figuring out what happened. I slid out from under the airbag, out of the car, and stood there shaken but absolutely unhurt, not even sore. A 5 star safety rating? You bet! No way I wasn't getting the 2015! ADDENDUM, JANUARY 2018. Exactly three years and, yes, 88,000+ highway and downtown city miles in, my heavily-used 2015 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring remains a workhorse. Aside a few occasional electronics bugs and one loose rear panel problem that was fixed, the car remains reliable, comfortable, and still very much a pleasure to drive. And it still looks great. I can only assume the newer year models are just as good if not better (especially with better road sound proofing, which would be helpful), and accordingly I would highly recommend you give the 3 -- especially the top trim with its remarkable add-ons for the price -- serious consideration in this class.

STILL love my 2.5S GT with 6-speed manual!

Doug Gilmer, 10/29/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought a 2015 Mazda3S GT with 2.5 liter engine and 6-speed manual to replace a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The Corolla was a fine car, great mileage, solid as a rock, and will run for many years. But it was BORING to drive, like a good solid recliner rather than a fun driving experience. We also have a 2007 Mazda3 hatchback with 2.3L engine and 5-speed auto that is a wonderful car, still looks, runs, and rides great with 200,000 trouble-free miles on it (I've put new suspension and brakes on the car, but those are wear items; everything else is stock and original; it's on it's 6th set of tires). We decided to keep the 2007 Mazda, sell the 2013 Corolla, and got the new Mazda. What a fabulous ride! We live in central-western Virginia where there literally are NO straight roads, many mountains, just awesome driving conditions and this car is an absolute hoot to drive. My wife is tiny and prefers the fit of the 2007, feels the 2015 is bigger, but she enjoys driving it as well since the driving position is very adjustable; I'm 5'9" and 170# and the 2015 fits me like a glove. We live 15 miles from the nearest town so most of our driving is to town and back on two-lane roads with frequent longer trips to the beach or the city. The car is very comfortable for long rides with pretty two-tone ventilated leather seats (fronts are heated) and climate control, satellite radio, Bluetooth, CD, USB, coupled to a 9-speaker Bose audio system for entertainment. Once we read the manual and figured out the GPS system we enjoy having it on longer trips to unknown areas, but generally don't use it on a daily basis. We had the windows professionally tinted when we got the car and feel that enhances the looks and protects the interior, plus makes it more comfy to drive on hot sunny days. I love to ski and have driven it over some very dicey road conditions with ZERO drama; the ABS, traction control, and stability control are awesome. This car has 18" wheels and over 6 inches of ground clearance so that helps in snow. Driving in the rain is drama-free as well with the automatic wipers which work flawlessly, the auto-on headlights are great (amazing range and brightness), and the active headlights that steer with the car are fantastic for the twisty roads we drive. I can't say enough about how the car handles - it is very stable, very responsive, very smooth, but precise and sticks to the road like glue. The six-speed manual is as slick as it can be, we just love driving it, and it will hold it's speed in the mountains very well. We have gotten far better mileage with it than advertised (the automatic is rated even higher). The car has plenty of power so you don't have to run through all the gears but can skip a few, i.e. shift 1 - 3 - 5 rather than run through the full gearbox and I think this helps gas mileage by keeping RPMs lower. If you need the power, it's there, very fast from a stop to speed or from highway speeds to passing speeds. The brakes on this car are also fantastic, very strong without being abrupt, and combined with the ABS and suspension help slow the car with precision and confidence. Finally, the fit and finish is top-notch and we think it is a very nice looking car, inside and out. If this car is as reliable as the 2007 I will absolutely love it for a long time. UPDATE: We now have 70,000 absolutely flawless miles on the 2015 Mazda3 and it continues to impress with performance, comfort, and economy. We have not had one single mechanical, electrical, or other issue in the 3.5 years we've owned it; the car even still has the original brake pads and they look like they will go many more miles! We have Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires on it and have noted that the car rides quieter on rough asphalt than the Dunlops that came on the car. I've seen some complaints about ride noise and agree to a point, but I must note that this car has stiffer suspension and high-performance tires on it to make it handle so beautifully and those components will transmit more road noise than a "softer" riding car. I don't notice it enough to even comment on it unless the road surface is extremely rough (chip seal, etc.). The car handles superbly in all conditions including snow and is a joy to drive on the very twisty, hilly roads we have in Virginia. We are still getting 35 to 36 MPG overall which I feel is awesome given that the car is generally driven like a race car, ha ha! I put a trailer hitch on if for a bicycle rack and pulling my motorcycle on a single-rail trailer and the car has plenty of power to do those tasks with ease. We love the car and highly recommend it.

An Awesome Little Car

M. West, 04/01/2016
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this back in May for my wife and I. We really like it a lot. It was in an accident that smashed the whole front end when my wife was driving and the airbag saved her from any injuries. I and others thought it was totaled but the repair company knew better. They stripped off the fenders, hood, and bumper and the rest of the car was just fine. Now we have it back and it's like nothing happened to it. I think that speaks to the safety of this car. The Good: 40 mpg on long trips / 30 in town on average Tight handling and directional stability Not bad to look at Update: 10-29-18 This car could be perfect. I have done the following to try to fix it's shortcomings: 1. move interior rear view mirror to a safer location. It was placed so far down toward the middle of the windshield that it blocked a lot of the view especially to the right so you don't even see a car approaching from the alley...so I moved it way up to near the top of the windshield. 2. Front seat is like sitting on lawn furniture. there seems to be no padding. So the wife sewed me up a cushion that she made of matching tan cloth. Inside I put bubble wrap as padding but has to be replaced once in a while. It feels fine now. These two minor yet important issues cause me to wonder how some people who buy these can stand them. With these changes I like the car very much. It is a very good looking car to my eyes and has great steering. The engine is very frugal with gas and the body is aerodynamic which lets it maintain a fast clip without much effort. Rear view camera (can't stand cars without it now) The engine and trans work seamlessly The not so good: The light from the taillights seems small & inadequate like taillights from 1972. They need to upgrade this to 2016 standards. The front seats need a tad more foam cushioning. I had to make an air cushion pillow out of bubble wrap to sit on. The biggest gripe: The rear view mirror is placed way too low so it blocks my view to the right. I will move this somehow because it really sucks and I can't believe they think this is O.K. I mean look at every other car on the road and there is nothing this stupidly placed. Update: 4/27/17___________>>> Hi, I case you care, I like this car. It has "grown on me" so that I like to drive it every day instead of my 4Runner. It handles better and get much better mileage (33 vs 17 mpg). The 4Runner has a plusher ride and is more relaxing, however. The power to weight ration could be better as its not even as good as my 4Runner(but hey the mileage). With the high winds we have here it doesn't even move from the hardest wind blasts. I use Mazda's oil as it is one of the highest rated oils (Idemitsu Oil Co). My opinion is that it has a timeless design that is very restrained so it will look good for many years. Mazda took a group of these cars across Russia to Germany from Japan in a shakedown test and flew them back to Japan where they where disassembled and analyzed. Something is right with these cars that a lot of people just don't appreciate. Go figure. The new Scion now Toyota iA is actually a Mazda. Update for Oct. 2019: I still have this car and it is holding up well. It is very economical and looks pretty good.

Bad electronics

Kelly, 07/20/2016
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car has alarm, navigation and Bluetooth issues. Alarm goes off while driving, navigation turns off while driving and Bluetooth never works properly and often drops. Very disappointed of the cost of this vehicle.

Roads are meant to be conquered, not driven

RML, 10/19/2016
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for two years. It is an amazing car to drive and an incredible value. You who are considering buying one can judge for yourself the driving dynamics and crisp shifting. as the car roars through curves as the engine growls and revs smoothly delivering power to the wheels and feedback to the driver. You can judge for yourself the intelligent and comfortable design for the driver - the visibility, the heads-up display, the heated leather seats and thoughtful location of HVAC and entertainment system. But what would be less obvious to you is the access to the oil drain pan and filter. Mazda installed a cover under the entire engine compartment. To change the oil, you remove a small access panel and beneath is easy access to both the oil drain plug and oil filter. While you who don't change your own oil may not ever access it, it speaks to Mazda's attention to detail and engineering prowess. If Mazda will put that much thoughtfulness into accessing the oil drain plug which most people won't see, you can rest assured they have put that kind of attention into the rest of the car all drivers will see. The car is seriously underpriced and is a much better value than MSRP. This is my first Mazda, and after owning this Mazda3, I am convinced that for Mazda, roads are meant be conquered not driven. Enjoy! UPDATED: I've now owned this car for nearly three years. I've put just over 32,500 miles on the car. It is still a wonderful automobile to drive. No reliability issues. Tires still have about another year's of treadlife on them. All of the equipment is working as new. If I had quibbles with the car, I would note three, all of which may be addressed by the newer model. First, the car comes equipped with rain-sensing wipers. Usually, this works well, but sometimes it is slow to activate. Not a big deal. I can manually activate the wipers. The windshield wiper stalk could use a better indication when it the auto-wipe feature is on. It's easy to miss that when you finish driving the car. The car also comes equipped with a walk-away lock feature. Usually, this works well but occasionally it doesn't activate. It might conflict with the mobile phone in my pocket, but I'm not sure. Finally, the power-window switches could be lighted. But these are quibbles. The car has been a pleasure to drive, and I would certainly buy another Mazda again. These are designed, built and equipped well beyond there price range.

An Awesome Car That Drives and Looks A Lot More

Scott, 07/26/2015
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Please take this for granted because I've had my Mazda 3 iSport for only three days and am VERY MUCH in the honeymoon phase...this car has blown me away. Every time I walk by the car, I swear it's a Lexus or Infiniti. It looks nothing like a compact car. It drives, handles, and looks like a mid-size six cylinder. My 2010 Ford Focus SE wasn't a shabby car, but oh my goodness...the 2015 Mazda 3 blows the water off of it. I would recommend this car to the moon and back. It's perfect for me and also...41 MPG AND 155 HORSEPOWER?!?!? Wow. That's a lot of car for the money you pay for. If it helps anyone reading this I test drove the Chevy Cruze and Kia Forte. As soon as I test drove the Mazda 3 I had to have it. It feels so premium.

Great value

tomlovescars, 03/27/2015
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

So far, the car is great. averaging 31mpg overall with a 50/50 mix. the car is easy to drive with a light foot. I have the tech package, the bose stereo is a big upgrade from standard, and the automatic climate and sunroof basically make the car 'loaded' I was worried the 2.0 would not have enough power, but it is more than sufficient, and now I think I would push the car harder with the 2.5 and get crappier gas mileage.

Suited my family perfect

meshiaia, 04/24/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We shopped for 2 months, doing a ton of online research and test driving all vehicles we could find from 20-30k price range. I drove Honda, VW, Acura, Toyota, Subaru. Really wasn't interested in any other brands, almost went with a subaru. I discounted Mazda pretty early on as the salesman showed us only the mazda i which felt really under powered and was all around unimpressive for the money to me. We went to a different dealer to drive the 3s 2.5 in the Grand touring package and it was love at first drive. I love the look of it, the interior quality soft touch feel everywhere, the intuitive layout of the controls. Best of all is the drive. I own a Mazda3 Speed and this is just as fun.

Value, Quality = Mazda

MagDillane, 11/05/2015
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2013 Subaru Impreza manual transmission for this Mazda Touring. What an upgrade after a disappointing ride in the Impreza. The first thing I noticed on the test drive was the quiet interior and smooth riding. Everything, I mean everything, is superior to the Impreza. The motor is quiet, the shifting is solid, the handling excellent. Larry, the salesman, was not your typical glib, putting a spin on everything salesman. I've had the car for three weeks, and as I learn more and more about the car and its special features, I realize what a value this car is. So far so good. Highly recommend.

Delighted With MY Mazda 3

Wade LaPan, 12/12/2015
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Mazda 3 at the end of July, 2015 and have been delighted. I'll start with the single slight negative: the A-pillar is thick, and the rear view mirror is sort of big, low and close, so that I have to move around a bit to get a good view, especially on left-hand turns. But I can get used to this. Positives: awesome gas mileage of about 38 mpgs in combined driving, which is twice as good as the 2001 Taurus I was daily driving. Noise, I agree, is subjective; the 3's road noise is greater than the heavy old Taurus,s, but way less than a rental Chevy Spark I recently drove. I find it tolerable. Suspension is similarly in-between, and quite adequate. Styling is pretty cool; not as cool as the RX-8, maybe, but close. I'm a '96 Miata owner -- haven't tried to drive the 3 in a sporty way, but figure it would hold its own. I tried the mode where you can manually shift the automatic transmission, but will need to practice that, as it seems confusing in contrast to driving the manual Miata. I wish the display would tell you, when driving in that mode, what gear you're in. Maybe it's there, but I don't know where to look for it?

2015 Mazda 3 S GT 4 door Review

Ryan, 04/03/2016
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After driving this car almost every day for 3.5 years, I love it just as much as I did the day I bought it. The only complaint I've ever had is the noise level, but its hard to be fair to the 3 when comparing it to a Mercedes G wagon, Acura MDX, Infiniti G37 and/or Porsche Panamera! Great vehicle.

Mazda 3s Review

Danny, 10/29/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Mazda3, I previously leased a 2011 s Sport which I loved. This time around, I cross-shopped this car with the VW GTI, but decided on the Mazda, based on value, interior design and technology. So far I've really enjoyed the car, and have no issues. Pros: adaptive xenon headlights, design, connect/nav system, fuel economy, steering. Cons: road noise is very prevalent (seems to be common in all Mazdas), lacking some small details from 2011 model; i.e. no interior ambient lighting, visible dual exhaust outlets, or subwoofer. Overall this is a great car for the money, and feels premium behind the wheel. Happy with my decision! Update: I’ve had my Mazda since November of 2014, and will be returning it in February when my lease expires. Overall, driving this car has been a pleasure. It looks and feels just as great as the day I got it. If you’re looking for a car with lots of style, luxury features, and good handling, I would definitely check this car out. It has been great for me as a 28 year old with no kids, and no need to haul things frequently; if you’re looking for a spacious car, this is not it. Mazda continues to impress me, and if I was still in the market for a new car, I would most definitely check them out first.

Good value for the money.

SoOC Car Enthusiast, 06/15/2016
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bit more money than Civic, Corolla, etc. Drives like a sports sedan not an economy car. Slightly noisier than competition but driving experience more than makes up for that. Interior has rich, high quality feel. ZOOM ZOOM is more than mktg. slogan. Have owned for more than 1 year and 12,000 miles. 36 mpg average, not bad considering I drive fast when able.

Perfect for city/hwy sporty commute

shouravv, 09/29/2014
s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Mazda 3S sedan certainly feels very sturdy compared to my previous car, a 2010 Corolla, specially when taking sharp turns, changing lanes in busy traffic, or simply when a speeding tractor-trailer crosses you. The brake is super responsive, and the acceleration is decent without the sport mode turned on, and superb in the sport mode. With the 18" alloy wheels, thin tires, and sport tuned suspension, the ride feels very sporty (to be positive) or stiff (to be negative). But I guess that's a matter of taste. In rush hour (50-55mph), I average about 41mpg. At off-peak freeway (70-75mph) or in local traffic (35-40mph), it is about 35mpg. Very decent numbers for a 2.5L engine :-)

Premium Compact Sedan

golfchamp1, 04/27/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Mazda and so far this car has been nothing short of outstanding. With a wife and kid on the way I needed something practical and affordable but also sporty and fun to drive. This car really fits the bill. Driving dynamics are superb - quick acceleration, excellent handling, pretty smooth ride for a compact, and I'm averaging 33 mpg. I went with the red exterior and almond interior and have received many compliments on the styling. It honestly feels more like an entry-level luxury compact than a regular compact, at least in the GT trim level. I've only had it for a month so can't speak for reliability. This car is just a great balance of luxury, sportiness, and affordability.

Best car in its class! Value for dollar is huge

Brandon, 10/29/2015

I am very pleased with my Mazda 3 Grand Touring S Sedan. Dollar for value

Noisy car

Nelson, 10/29/2015
i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I understand that noise perception is a subjective thing. Most drivers may not be bothered by the amount of road and wind noise in this car. To me, the amount of noise in this car is unhealthy, and I worry about long term exposure to this kind of noise. The noise level is "acceptable " when driving at low speeds. If your commute includes driving on freeways and interstate highways, the trips cease to be enjoyable. I can't imagine taking this car on a long road trip. The premium Bose sound system seems to be a contradiction of sorts. It does little to mitigate the noise, and the audiopilot is essentially useless. On the other hand, you can't really appreciate the premium sound system because the car is so noisy. One can appreciate the excellent quality of this sound system only if the car is parked. I understand that there options to decrease the noise in this car, but that would involve considerable expense, which I am not ready to spend after paying for a new car. For now, I've resorted to placing an ear plug in the left ear, and keeping the right ear open for safety reasons. With less noise, the car feels premium, and is a pleasure to drive.

Great Car

bonanza301, 04/17/2015
i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Got this car in Oct last year, its been great to drive! I love it.

The best...maybe not! But probably fun-to-drive!

Tee Nguyen, 02/27/2016
s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have it for 6 months. It still drives like a dream. Trust me! It can put a smile on your face in every corner you drive. The handling, it's perfect. The styling, OMG people around keep looking at you like they want to ask what car it is. The 2.5 engine is pretty strong in this car. I got a S touring (not the top trim). It missing some tech like LED light, real-leather seat... but it still has leatherette seat, navigation, 2.5 engine, paddle shifter, big screen, blind spot monitoring... You cannot find any with those tech around 23k$. Maybe you can but not that price. If you want to know anything bad about it, it's the noise and vibration. But I feel it mostly from the tires, those Dunlop tires that they gave me. It's good in performance but not for daily driving. It can gives you headache.

Buyer Beware nothing like the earlier models

Daryl Nitz, 03/10/2015
i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2015 Mazda3 is a hassle to drive. It is nothing like the 2012 Mazda3. It is problematic. The radio/navigation does not work well at all. It can NEVER be turned off, just muted. It freezes up, restarts, deletes favorites, and is overall poorly designed. Mazda offers very little solutions. On top of this, the MPG is grossly inflated. I have not gotten over 30mpg ever in 5 months. I typically average 27-29mpg. The gas tank is smaller than the 2012, so total range is less than 400. The 2012 would have a range of 500-600. I am so disappointed that I let my 2012 go for this 2015.

The best of 3

Bill, 05/19/2019
i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

What you need to know: the 2015 sedan was light years ahead of other sedans. If you’re like to drive, if you like knowing you’re always in control, if you like beating others to the next red or green light, then this is your car! However, if practicality, durability, and room to breathe are on your list, I would look elsewhere. I had this model for a little over three years on a lease. I had the sedan, with the plastic hubcaps and infotainment screen smack dab in the middle of the dashboard. The driver cockpit is cramped, there just isn’t much moving around. It’s pretty dull to look at, too. The seats offer good support but dogs are not welcome in Mazda’s. The interiors are of high quality - good thing - but are not built for adventure. Such as you would find in a Subaru, Chevy, or Mitsubishi. This car is for the enthusiast who didn’t know they were one.

Dream car

Nick, 01/29/2016
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I believe this car is the best car in its class

If You Love to Drive

Dave Kiwerski, 12/26/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove this car from California to Albuquerque and back last summer. No comfort/back problems compared to my older car. Average gas mileage for the trip was right around 40mpg. UPDATE 12/28/2017: No longer have this car. I have been driving a 2006 Mazda Miata, and love it even more than the Mazda 3. Still love Mazda vehicles.

Mazda3 is worth the low cost

F Ward, 03/12/2017
i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought it to replace a Jetta TDI without the TDI issues. I got what I needed for commuting at 1/2 the cost of a new Passat TDI. I get 38mpg, decent handling and performance. So far, there have been no repairs needed and I really don't expect them. The driver's seat has sagged and broken down with use and is now uncomfortable. My main issue is with the entertainment system/instrumentation. The location of the large touchscreen is distracting and the control buttons on the center console are not intuitive. They all require taking eyes off the road to be sure you have done what you intended. This evaluation is not just an old man thing. My 24 year old son puts a hat over the screen when he uses the car. The MT shifts smoothly and the motor is responsive for a 4cyl. MPG is still very good. After about 90000 miles it is still trouble free and my son has it full time. He drives very hard and is not happy with the performance but is otherwise happy with a free (to him) car.

my three years with my mazda

anthony barbuto, 02/16/2018
s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

the car was designed to have a rear TV camera and side alerts re vehicles. I got a car without any of these electronic aids. It is very difficult to parrale park as hyou can't judge your front nor rear end...You really need a rear tv and front bumber infrared warning devices which my car does not have. IF I had it to do over again I would stipulate the TV and the bumper hazardous warning indicators. I can live with just a AM and FM radio I donlt need all the other entertainment features I am missing. Courtesy lits on the doors would be nice I donlt have them again I have the minimum feature package. I always have a pocket flashlight but only havint the over head dome lite is not enough to find things on the floor in the dark. Ther e is a lot of wind noise when you drive withan open window. I diswcover tham most modern cars are now designed to have the widows closed and you drive using climate control. This is too bad as there is nothing quite as nice as having a cool breeze when you drive in the spring. I guess thats "progress".....

To Zoom It May Concern

C K L, 10/27/2018
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

All in all, a zippy, well-appointed car. A few tweaks would make it perfect: quieter tires, a manual trunk release and/or access to the trunk from inside, switchable power outlets that are a bit more accessible, raised cowl for the wipers so that snow and ice don't accumulate in winter. I leased it based on years of great reviews from multiple sources on its reliability and performance. One disappointment for me...I like a sunroof. This one is noisy no matter what open position it is in. I've have cars in which the rush of air is barely noticeable. Not a deal-breaker for most people but I had hoped for better. Beyond that, a sporty, practical vehicle.

Good vehicle

Cindy Yecco, 12/16/2018
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

It is a great vehicle except for the Bluetooth was a little iffy

Great car to drive bad dealership

Placido Valerie, 06/14/2019
i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Great car not many features but safety wise solid choice fun to drive

Best Car I've Ever owned.

Volks Person, 12/11/2019
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I'm a car guy. Have owned over 100 cars and currently have 9 (mostly collector stuff) This Mazda 3 is my favorite over all the years. Absolutely fantastic to drive, great gas mileage and handling. Super comfortable. No complaints, no problems ever.

51050