Used 2015 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

To Zoom It May Concern
By C K L

2015 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

All in all, a zippy, well-appointed car. A few tweaks would make it perfect: quieter tires, a manual trunk release and/or access to the trunk from inside, switchable power outlets that are a bit more accessible, raised cowl for the wipers so that snow and ice don't accumulate in winter. I leased it based on years of great reviews from multiple sources on its reliability and performance. One disappointment for me...I like a sunroof. This one is noisy no matter what open position it is in. I've have cars in which the rush of air is barely noticeable. Not a deal-breaker for most people but I had hoped for better. Beyond that, a sporty, practical vehicle.

Looks so Pretty
By mary massage

2015 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the acceleration of my Mazda 3 as well as the turning radius. My complaints have more to do with my husband's big and tall body. He wants a car that is larger and that he steps up into instead of falling down into. The back seats are not suitable for anyone over 5'6".

Honda/Acura loyalist switches to Mazda
By rcn

2015 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

In 2015 I gave my wonderful and reliable 1996 Acura Integra sedan to my daughter, and searched for a hatchback that would compare favorably to it. I was disappointed until test driving the Mazda 3i and immediately falling in love with it - as I had with both my Integras (the first was a hatchback bought in 1986). Mazda managed to improve both performance AND gas mileage (40 mph on freeways), on its 3i, which is zippy, has a great turning radius, and has excellent safety ratings. It's truly fun to drive and a great value.

my three years with my mazda
By anthony barbuto

2015 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

the car was designed to have a rear TV camera and side alerts re vehicles. I got a car without any of these electronic aids. It is very difficult to parrale park as hyou can't judge your front nor rear end...You really need a rear tv and front bumber infrared warning devices which my car does not have. IF I had it to do over again I would stipulate the TV and the bumper hazardous warning indicators. I can live with just a AM and FM radio I donlt need all the other entertainment features I am missing. Courtesy lits on the doors would be nice I donlt have them again I have the minimum feature package. I always have a pocket flashlight but only havint the over head dome lite is not enough to find things on the floor in the dark. Ther e is a lot of wind noise when you drive withan open window. I diswcover tham most modern cars are now designed to have the widows closed and you drive using climate control. This is too bad as there is nothing quite as nice as having a cool breeze when you drive in the spring. I guess thats "progress".....

So disappointed with my 3rd Mazda purchase
By dD

2015 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought our 3rd Mazda in 2015, since we were very happy with the first 2 models (one Mazda 5 and one Mazda 3). Pretty much right from the get go we noticed severe quality differences to the first 2 Mazda's we have owned. Within 1 month of having the brand new car one of the plastic hinges of the arm cushion over the center storage area broke off clean and need to be replaced. Pretty soon after that 1 of the small knobs that hold up the string of the hatchback privacy cover broke and needed to be replaced as well. About half a year into owning the car we notices hairline cracks inside the display on the center console. We did not think to much about it and waited, unfortunately too long, it turned out.
When the cracks got more severe and were now starting to impair some of the information displayed on the screen, we went back to the dealership.
There we were told we were just too late, that our warranty had ended in the meantime and that we would have to pay for the replacement of the screen (around $800-900). This was very disappointing/surprising news, since the cracks are clearly within the screen and not on the outside, which makes it clear, that it must be a production error and not our wrong doing. After talking to the service supervisor at the Mazda dealership we purchased the car from, he took some pictures of the screen and said he would talk to Mazda direct and ask if there is any possibility of us getting a screen replacement through Mazda. Unfortunately that was the last we heard about that topic. Acknowledging that we should have gone to the dealership within our warranty period, we cut our loss and gave up. Over the next 2 years the display continued cracking and makes our car now look like an old car. The software that is displayed on the screen is completely malfunctioning. While being dialed into a radio station the car/software starts skipping through all the buttons on the screen changes our station to one specific station. When we then try to dial back into any other station the same thing happens all over. When we use the phone function the software presses the mute button on its own over and over throughout the conversation which makes it impossible to carry on any phone call. This is extremely frustrating when I am on a business phonemail. The cars software has also dialed into the settings on it’s own while we were driving, changing settings on it’s own. All this is very dangerous since it all happens during driving. When you are alone in the car, you can’t pay attention to battling the cars software or what the car might be changing in your settings, while still paying attention to the traffic. When we went back to the dealership with this problem we were charged $163 for a software update (which I quite frankly would have expected to be free). The car performed fine for 2 days and then started doing the same thing all over again just a lot worse. There are moments were the controller doesn’t even let us change anything manual anymore because the software is so rapidly skipping through items that at this point it seam like a hazard to drive with this car. After having gone back to the dealership again, we were told that the problem scan results need to be sent to Mazda in order to evaluate what it is that is wrong with our car, but most likely, they said we might need a new screen or module for the screen which would run is around $800-900. And all this after just having spend $163 for a completely useless software update.
To say the least we feel very let down by the dealership as well as the company Mazda and have decided that this will be the last Mazda we have purchased. We also don’t feel like we can recommend the brand to our friends and family anymore since there ha been such poor help/service.
Everyone that gets into our car comments on the cracked screen and is shocked to here that our car is only 3 years old.