Used 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Excellent economy car
By Ketan Patel

Just a very good car.

This car is the BEST value for the money
By Ryan Haggis

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

220,000 miles on it right now, it runs better than pretty much anything else I have driven. I test drove over 20 different cars in this price range before buying my Mazda 3. It is high mileage but the motor is bulletproof, tranny is fantastic, and in true Mazda 3 fashion, it has no power windows, mirrors, or locks. At times it is an inconvenience but I'm young and poor so I'm thankful for one less thing to break. The car is a blast to drive, steering and transmission are great. I have the 2.0 l motor and it is plenty alive, it's not fast but it's not in any way dead. The 2.3 is a good motor as well but gets a bad rep for a simple pcv valve design flaw. The valve gets stuck open sometimes and the motor will burn excessive amounts of oil. It's an easy fix but people just assume it's old and time to move on and get rid of the car. Reliability comparable to that of a Toyota or Honda without having to buy the expensive badge. Comes with great speakers and an aux input from the factory. The back seats aren't exactly spacious but Mazda makes up for that by including the worlds largest glovebox. Seriously, the thing is massive. It is pretty cheap as far as materials go but hey, better than most other compacts. The car is much better looking than most others as well. Safety is admittedly not a large concern of mine however I know that it is just ok by IIHS's standards. As a safe and responsible driver I feel safe behind the wheel because of how nicely the little car maneuvers. I have avoided many near-accidents in the car because it is so responsive. Coming out of a student lot is a scary thing and being in control of a small car with good visibility helps. The actual fuel economy is better than advertised, I have yet to test it. Some people say it can get around 40 mpg hwy at times, which seems reasonable. I can't speak specifically for earlier models but 2007-2009 are very reliable and better equipped. This body style lasted from 2004-2009 and stands the test of time. Overall great car. Pros: great MPG, fun ride, reliable, great audio, seats are extremely comfortable and well bolstered, cheap to fix and care for. Cons: power windows and locks are not standard stiff suspension and tight steering might be uncomfortable for some, safety is meh, prone to rusting so be proactive.

2007 mazda 3 sedan
By f j allen

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I feel that my Mazda 3 deserves to be reviewed on the Edmunds website. I purchased my 2007 Mazda 3 sedan at 40,000 miles..To make a long story short, i now have 155,000 miles currently and the 2.0 MZR (mazda reactive inline 4) keeps begging for more. The automatic transmission, and sports manual shifts and performs flawlessly.. If you are in 3rd on the sports manual shifter at 60 MPH and shift into second, the Mazda 2.0 will do the factory 6500 rpm easily and shift past 2nd and 3rd at maximum factory RPM like melted butter on a New York baseball steak... In conclusion i would recommend a magnaflow performance exhaust with an AEM cold air intake.. I promise you, whoever purchases the 2007 mazda 3 sedan or hatch, you will never be disappointed. Safe and sound! Safe and sound!

zoom zoom and a great long term value
By John P

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One of the zippiest and fun cars for under 200k, Can not beat the long term reliability, excitement and balls to the walls driving experiance, Save 50 grand and buy a boat!!

9 Years of Ownership
By Scottland

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3 new in 2007 and it is by far the best car I've ever owned. I have 110k miles on it now and it has been a great little car. She has seen me through long commutes, sporty and aggressive city fun, road-trips, gravel-road adventures in the woods, etc. It is a manual and I always drive easy until she's warned up, never push my REV redlines, and perform oil changes when needed. Aside from 2 minor part repairs/warranty replacements, it has performed beautifully. Every function inside and out down to every last button and knob works just as good as the day I bought it. I have the advantage of being the lone owner so obviously it helps to know it's history. But it is truly a great little car. And fun to drive if you have a manual especially.