Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

$2,500

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Where's the air?

Matt Breaux, 01/13/2006

Do the Japanese not have summer conditions? In Texas's 98 degree F weather, neither the fan has enough volume nor velocity, nor does the evaporator have enough capacity. Driver's leg room is awkward where the knee is in contact with the center console. Steering is great, shifting in manual convenient. Volume and radio controls on the wheel very nice. 1st gear leaves you desiring more. Maybe that's found in the 2.3. The trunk raises completely out of the way. Be careful with the doors when beginning to open, they don't rest until wide open, which may call for scratches and dings. Gauges are easy to read day/night. Terrible, horrible gas mileage for a 2.0L. Factory tires are low mileage.

Great Value

Jeff, 02/12/2006

I really made the right decision with the charcoal grey 5 door S. Black leather, sunroof, 6 disk in dash, 17" wheels and a very nicely done interior make this car a pleasure. I have read about people's winter issues and I live in the NE and believe the fault is more the Goodyear tires that come standard. I recently put a set of Nokian WRs on the car and have had no problems whatsoever in the winter. The handling of this car is great! The feedback through the steering wheel keeps the driver in tune with the car at all times. One word for the car is tight! Int/Ext styling are sharp, hatchback holds a ton of stuff. Best car around for the money! Gets 28mpg with spirited driving. Go get one!

Loving it

Rachel, 02/17/2006

This is my first car and I am extremely satisfied with my pick. The 2.3 liter 160 horsepower is the best in its class. This car gets the job done and does it well. Always fun to drive, it's a zippy little car with an excellent turning radius. My little brother is a new driver, and he prefers driving my car over my Dad's 2005 Acura TL and my brother's Honda Accord.

Nice little car!

Ed, 03/02/2006

I've had this car for 5 months and 6,000 miles. The mileage keeps getting better as the engine gets broken in. Is now ~35 mpg (mostly highway) with the 2.0 and 4 speed auto, and still more than 30 with some city driving. I don't like the front seat and the console that cramps my right front leg (why do all these little cars have them if they're FWD?), but it's fun to drive with very good passing acceleration and the SMOOTHEST automatic transmission of any car I've ever been in. The oil filter is not really a problem since the dealer is very reasonable on the cost (~$10 over Wal-Mart) and does an inspection, too. Nice little car!

Great Car

DJ, 03/17/2006

Ordered an i model with auto transmission and loaded up with almost all the options and all the safety features (wanted the smaller 4 cylinder for maximum mileage). This has been a great car so far after one year and 17k miles. Very fun to drive and have had no problems at all. Were going to get either a Civic or Corolla, but after driving the 3 it was an easy decision. I have only one real complaint that others here have have also noted regarding intermittent and rather harsh upshifting when cold at low speeds, and sluggish downshifting at low speeds. Dealer said everything was fine (of course). I'm overall very happy with this car.