Used 2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Spyder for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Spyder vs SL 500

. Noyes, 12/10/2002
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I ordered both the SL 500 and Spyder. They arrived at the same time and I test drove them back to back. The plastic interior, cheap feeling switchgear and contrived exterior design of the SL compared poorly with the Maserati (and with the previous SL). The real difference was in the driving. The SL was subdued and perfect-- the Maseati was alive and fun!

Great Car

JBerto, 04/24/2002
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Last car I droe was a 996 cabriolet, and it doesn't compare to this. I've been a Porsche fan for my whole life, and have owned 3 overall, but would rather have my Maserati. My wife says it's too aggressive, so I'm the only one in he house who gets to drive it.I hop that the Quattroporte, the new sedan, is just as good; I'd buy one fo my wife in a heartbeat.

Great Replacement for MB SL500

Alexpapas, 05/12/2002
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I bought this car for my wife to replace a 1998 MB SL500. The two could not be more different. This car has soul! It also drives beautifully,My wife mostly uses the auto mode which works great around town. The interior is as beautiful as a Ferrari and the performance is outstanding. It has a softer ride than Ferrari's 360 but has almost as much power and much more

There's nothing like a fast Italian!

MJC, 04/28/2002
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

At long last I'm back in a convertible, and what a convertible it is. Everything about the look of this car is fabulous inside and out. But for those who believe that beauty is only skin deep, get in, hit the gas and hold on. This car is not only fast but it corners "as if it's on rails". Another nice feature is that at six foot three I fit comfortably in the car and also can get out gracefully. I was on a waiting list for the new SL500 but saw the Maserati at the car show. With the luck of the Irish I was in my new Spyder 2 weeks later. If you enjoy the drive more than the destination, get this car it's a GREAT ride!

A wonderful convertible.

Raf Aviner, 07/19/2002
Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Pros: This is a car that shows how Porsche cars should have been built post 993 model. Interior is gorgeous, and the performance is immense. The body styling is classic so it's looks won't fade. Handling is very good, and many thoughtful designer touches are added. Engineering is excellent. Cons: Why could the engineers not reduced the cowl shake??? Overall Review: A great convertible that would have been perfect had Maserati managed to reduce cowl shake to the level of a Porsche Cabrio.