Used 2001 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Town Car for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Bring Back The Town Car

gelf58, 01/09/2012

These cars are awesome. I bought one with over 395K miles on it. The original owner took extremely good care of it. I have owned it for 11/3 years and I am approaching 423K. It still has the original engine and transmission. at 412k I had to replace the a/c compressor. Other than regular maintenance that's it. The key is to do the regular maintenance and these cars will last a log long time. Unlike the Cadillac's whose Northstar engines have valve cover issues and the transmission usually fails at about 150k

my 1st car

danjb94, 08/08/2012

this is my 1st car and as a 17 year old driving around a Town Car I have to say it is awesome. Mine has only 71k miles on it so it's still a baby when it comes to these cars. Only problem I've had is I had to replace the idle air control valve last week because it went bad and the car would stall out at idle, but $80 for a new one off rock auto and it was done! Couldnt ask for a cooler 1st car!!! I'm still amazed that I get 30+ MPG on the highway for such a big car.

2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier is one of the best!

D. S, 08/31/2016
Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

They FLOAT over the road surface... not as floaty as the 90's Tow Cars, but yes, they still float. With air ride bumps are not even a consideration. Personally I don't want a sports car feel that corners like its on a rail. I like that floaty-boaty feel! When your spending big money for luxury car.. that's exactly what you want it to feel like, period! The engine is as storing is the day I bought it.. and the appearance is just as good. Every vehicle acts differently depending on who the owner/driver is, and mine has been somewhat pampered. With just over 191 THOUSAND "and not stopping anytime soon", its my daily driver. 117,000 miles out of the factory brakes before needing a change. Just bought the 3rd battery, and went the first 10 years without spending a cent. Finally at 150,000 miles the air ride shocks started to weaken, so I had them changed for another set. NO! I did not resort to coil & springs! No even an option. Other than that, I have adored this car since the day it was built. Only a very few complaints.. and not the car itself, but the design. Who's bright idea was it to make the headlights detachable (for bulb changing purposes I guess) lock in place with 3 tin clips? When hitting a hard bump, they wobble. And its noticeable to me and drivers in front of me. Secondly, the easy in/exit moving seat stopped working early on. Dealer said he's surprised I got that far. He told me.. don't last, never did, hasn't seen one work right since day one. I would have had it fixed, but it required full seat replacement.. and cost huge money. Thankfully it stopped in the exact position I use and like. Other than that, I am shooting for 250, thousand. These Town Cars last forever. Gas mileage is good. Rated at 17&25. 6 disc CD changer in the trunk. HUGE trunk. And eve after 15 years, its still unmistakably Lincoln. People ask.. when are you going to buy a new car. Answer: when they bring Town Car back! I'd rather drive a 15 year old Lincoln, htan something lesser that's brand new.

Love my Lincoln!

Donna H, 06/28/2010

This is the 3rd Lincoln Towncar I've owned. All have been excellent vehicles. I have 121,000 miles on my 2001 Lincoln; have spent very little on upkeep other than new tires and a heater coil in the 8 years I've owned it. Love the large trunk; can haul almost anything; very reliable; gas mileage could be better, but car is so heavy and sturdy, that makes up for it. They don't make them like this anymore!

Bought used with 105,000 miles...

s80sux, 09/30/2011

The Lincoln Town car is a great car! This vehicle feels heavy,well constructed, safe and gives me an overall sense of well being. Buying a used car I was nervous about older cars being unreliable but after reading reviews of other owners stating thier vehicles reliablilty, I decided to buy one!

It's like driving a recliner

Jeremy, 09/05/2017
Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2001 town car a few months ago for my wife. We absolutely love it. We recently drove it on vacation it has around 200000 miles on it and was as smooth as a new one. We averaged 26 mpg it has tons of power. This is the first car i could drive for 7 hour's and jump out of it as if I had only drove it 30 minutes.

super gas mileage

Ronald G. Jones, 12/04/2009

This 2001 Greenbrier edition Signature series which we purchased new has been a good, economical and reliable car. On a trip to Rome, Ga from Chambersburg, PA, (all interstate and driving 60 MPH) we averaged 32 MPG. Several years ago while driving in the flatland of North Dakota we averaged nearly 34 MPG for several hundred miles and driving at 60 MPG and on cruise control. People assume that because it is a big car that it is a gas guzzler. Nothing could be further from the truth.

2001 Toown Car Cartier

zog, 10/08/2008

This is my fifth Town Car, and I loved them all. I bought this one with 64,000 miles and it has been flawless. Comfortable, reliable, smooth and great mpg...21 city and 27+ hiway. I love the big car ride and the rear wheel drive. I do all my own maintenance and this is easy to work on. I fully expect it to go 200,000+ miles.

The Great Lincoln Town Car

Joe Atkins, 02/03/2010

I was promoted at work and needed a car that I could drive a lot between stores and pick up exec's from the airport and drive them around. The towncar has been the best decision. It's ride is outstanding, the gas mileage is good, and the comfort and style of the interior keep the comments coming from everyone that rides. I have not had one issue mechanically from this car and I drive 3000 miles per month. Every mile I drive is with a smile on my face.

2001 town car bought used

Wendy, 04/24/2006

Great vehicle for family of two teens. Gas mileage city only 18. But highway & city avg. 23. Went to Missouri from Wisc. crusing mostly 85/90 and got 28 mpg. This car loves to go. At 70 ours kicks in again for passing. Have only had regular service done, runs great. Need a CD player. Has great speaker sound. Cup holders in the way of heat/ac controls. Even though car is so smooth a cup could sit on the armrest. Have had car in major snowstorms & handles well. Our 16 yr. old learned in this car. Back seat leg room is for anyone & I prefer the back seat for the comfort. Side windows are bellowed out, great for sky viewing for kids at night.

51050