Used 2011 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Take flight!!
By Kevin

2011 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The truck is not great on gas but should a truck that comfortably sits 8, be good on gas? The interior cabin is flawless. You can ask for more, electric folding 3rd row seats heated and air-conditioned seats for the front and back. So much leg room for passengers even in the 3rd row. The power step railing makes it easy to get in out and look really cool doing it. The entertainment system insane. Bluetooth connectivity flawless, USB ports, aux input all put clever places. The pedals and steering adjust to the driver. It's rides like a dream!! I love this truck.

Luxurious working horse
By Alex

2011 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Very comfortable ride. I enjoyed and enjoyed, famiky of 4 and a doberman this car gets all of us easy. Plus bikes, cooler, stroller, plugs for equipment spread out through the car and even full voltage plug for baby bottle warmer for example. Very happy with this car. Drove from Florida to Tenessee in winter, NY and NJ, Savannah, Atlanta, and Washington DC. We drive with confidence in any weather conditions. Yes this car eats gas quick but for all luxury and comfort reasons yiu never feel bad about it. Repair costs are very little comparing to my previous Audi A8. I recommend this car for families and for commercial use like Limo service etc. Very well built vehicle.

Luxurious working horse
By Alex

2011 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Very comfortable ride. I enjoyed and enjoyed, family of 4 and a doberman this car gets all of us easy. Plus bikes, cooler, stroller, plugs for equipment spread out through the car and even full voltage plug for baby bottle warmer for example. Very happy with this car. Drove from Florida to Tenessee in winter, NY and NJ, Savannah, Atlanta, and Washington DC. We drive with confidence in any weather conditions. Yes this car eats gas quick but for all luxury and comfort reasons you never feel bad about it. Repair costs are very little comparing to my previous Audi A8. I recommend this car for families and for commercial use like Limo service etc. Very well built vehicle.

Really enjoy it!
By phillip_g

2011 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is not a sports car nor is it a hybrid-if that is what you are wanting this is NOT the vehicle for you. It is a luxury, truck-based SUV...Its BIG...very comfortable, hauls a lot of your closest friends and family and 9000 pounds if you need it to. Not as hard to park as Edmunds would lead you to believe, actually has a great turning radius. With the Front and Rear parking sensors and back up cam you should have no issue with parking unless your trying to land in a "compact only" space. We had a 2006 Model and had no major issues with it other than normal wear-Very happy with the choice we made to purchase this one-Lincoln Certified Program is excellent.

Did I mention it is BIG...I really like the Sync Navigation system, easy to use-however it doesn't play well with an iPhone for certain features like text messaging but that is not a deal breaker for me. No issue with pairing an iPod or using bluetooth music. The very back rear seat is actually more comfortable than the middle captain chairs and the electric fold flat feature is nice giving you plenty of space for trips to Lowe's or a ton of luggage for road trips. There are 8 cup holders and they will all hold a Supersized cup easily. We have the rear DVD/TV players in the headrests but they never get used. If you have kids I'm sure this feature would be a nice one.

Really wish it had the larger Ford F-150 engine. 5.4 V8 engine is underpowered for the vehicles size and weight especially when you have a loaded trailer hooked up. I do wish it got better gas mileage but we didn't buy it for that. Averaging about 16.1 mpg on the hwy and 15.6 in town. Glove compartment is small but has two large compartments in-between the front and middle seats.

2011 Navigator 4x4
By suv15

2011 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our first Lincoln Navigator after owning 3 Ford Expeditions.
Our Navigator is White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat.
The color shows very little dirt.

After putting 200,000 miles on our last 2005 Expedition (and it was still going strong), we upgraded to a Navigator.
With 4500 miles on our new Navigator, we hope this SUV proves as "Ford tough" as previous Expeditions.

We very much enjoy our Navigator, and have absolutely no buyers remorse.
However being very pleased with three Expeditions (the last being an Expedition Limited), I am not certain the "Lincoln" brand is worth the additional cost.
However, the Lincoln Navigator definitely turns more heads than a Ford Expedition.

Therefore our 2011 Navigator's features are familar and appreciated. We enjoy the Navigator's smooth, solid ride and spacious interior. Lots of room for people, storage and long trips. The raised view of the road is also something we enjoy. Living in the midwest, we would not be without the 4WD feature. The select option is mandatory...no AWD! The THX sound and navigation system are impressive. We enjoy using our iPods, and the cell phone speaker phone is excellent. The voice control for sound and navigation is very nice, and it's great not to have to use multiple CD's on a trip. Another feature my wife enjoys is the power lift gate we did not have on previous Expeditions.

One feature we would change is the shift mechanism on the center console. This location consumes storage space we enjoyed for random items on previous Expeditons. Now all we have are two cup holders. Better to keep the shift mechanism on the steering column. It would certainly be nice to have better gas mileage, but this is an understood trade-off for the extra comfort, size and space. A hybrid option as with Cadillac or GMC would be nice. I have been very reluctant to use the ethanol flex fuel option. The Ford/Lincoln durability, low maintenance and reliability has been proven with three previous Expeditions, and this is why we made the correct choice with a Ford/Lincoln SUV.