Used 2017 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used MKZ for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great ride

Lincoln convert, 09/09/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Lincoln dealer got his first 2017 with the driver's package option. Not cheap at $3300 but oh so worth it. With the 400hp engine and AWD this thing is an Audi/BMW clone for tens of thousands less. Spent over an hour test driving it. Came back to the dealership and ordered my own. Left out the luxury package ($4400) and some other stuff. MSRP came in at just under $50K. Not an Audi or a BMW but certainly close enough especially when factoring in the MSRP differential. Service costs will be dramatically less than with the Germans cars (I had 4 Audis over the course of 30 years). For 2017 Lincoln is offering to pick up your car at your home or place of business for service and return it to you. A nice touch. Nothing I will take advantage of as my local dealer is less than 4 miles from my house. My local Audi dealer was 30 miles away. The car is fast, quiet, comfortable, well put together, no wind noise, etc. Seems to be a great alternative to its German and Japanese counterparts.

Good value from a traditional American car company

Jonathan Quick, 10/29/2016
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

UPDATE 12-27-17 Updating my review on this vehicle based on 14 months of ownership. Overall, I remain satisfied with my Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. In spite of some minor fit and finish issues, the styling of this sedan really stands out against a tired landscape of look-alike sedans from other car manufacturers. Fuel economy remains rock solid between 40 and 41 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. ADAS features for accident avoidance, parking, and maintaining driver awareness have been great. Quiet comfort sticks out as a real differentiator compared to other vehicles in the entry level luxury sedan segment. The biggest issue with maintaining the vehicle has been the synchronization of firmware updates across the numerous vehicle subsystems within the car. Sync 3 had a lot of bugs at first, but three firmware updates later, all of the infotainment and navigation features appear to be working normally. Unfortunately, I had to make repeat visits to the dealership to stabilize other subsystems. The worst problem I have encountered was a drained battery that stranded my car in my own garage. Lincoln corrected the battery drain issue with a firmware update to the door control module. Although I have experienced a few warranty issues, my local Lincoln dealer and the Lincoln concierge service have done a great job of addressing my concerns. I would still recommend the MKZ Hybrid as a solid value compared to other vehicles in its class. However, prospective buyers should strongly consider purchasing Lincoln's extended warranty for this vehicle. ORIGINAL REVIEW I purchased a 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve w/ Technology package in September 2016. Purchase price was $8k - $20k below comparable European and Japanese alternatives. I have thus far driven the car about 2200 miles, about 80% highway driving and 20% city driving. Average MPG is around 40 - 42 mpg. Acceleration is adequate in most situations. The smoothness of the powertrain, well-tuned suspension, and the quiet cabin at highway cruising speeds really attracted me to this vehicle. Exterior appearance is impressive and fairly unique, but some of the exterior trim pieces are made of low quality plastic. Quality of interior materials is very good - particularly the wood trim and leather upholstery. ADAS features including adaptive cruise, accident avoidance, blindspot monitoring, backup-assist and lane-keep assist are very useful in day-to-day driving. Lincoln's driver assistance features are unobtrusive until really needed. The on-board infotainment system is light years ahead of Toyota and BMW in terms of usability, but the Sync 3 system has bugs around IPod indexing, accuracy of on-board clock, Android Auto compatibility, and stability of mobile apps. One bright spot in Sync 3 is Lincoln's NAV system coupled with Sirius traffic information, which is a real godsend for avoiding heavy traffic at rush hour. Unfortunately, the stability issues I've encountered in Sync 3 appear to extend to other vehicle subsystems. I presently suspect electrical gremlins are lurking in the interior lighting system and the sound system, although all installed equipment is performing normally for the moment. As long as reliability holds up, backed in part by Lincoln's long base warranty, I expect I will remain satisfied with this vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle to a friend or a family member, with reservations noted above regarding reliability.

Never thought I would buy a Lincoln

Paul, 07/14/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great value in the MKZ. It's a perfect size sedan that's very comfortable. Others in his price range are noticeably smalller. The 2.0 turbo 4 has plenty of power for normal driving. Unlike other turbo 4's that I've driven this engine has power from a dead stop. Very little turbo lag. Although the 400 HP V6 was tempting, I decided to stick with the 4 because I was concerned about how bad the mileage would be in N.Y. stop and go traffic. I was also on the fence about the AWD but I have to admit it's nice to have zero wheel spin when pulling away from a dead stop in the rain. If your more interested in 0-60 times or how many G's the car pulls on a skid pad then this car probably isn't for you. As a former muscle car guy acceleration was once very important to me. 30 years later however it's now all about comfort for me. If you read the reviews the MKZ gets a lot of criticism because it shares the platform with the Ford Fusion (Which also happens to be a great car). My view on this is who cares. I never see the same criticism about Honda parts in Acura's or VW parts in Audi's. No regrets at all. Very happy with our choice. Fantastic looking car that stands out from the crowd. Worth taking a look at even if you never thought about a Lincoln. Here's my update. It's been a little over a year and we still love our MKZ. We've only been back to the dealer one time for the first oil change. No issues at all. This car really doesn't get a fair shake from the reviewers. Great value for the money. Every other car in this price range is substantially smaller. I don't however think a loaded or black label edition of this car is worth the money. We got every option that we wanted and still kept it well under 40K. A black label edition can run close to 60K. Otherwise I would strongly recommend taking a look at the MKZ. Here's another update. Weve owned the car over a year and a half and have about 12k on the odometer. Still don't understand why this car gets terrible reviews. No problems at all. Great value for the money. No regrets at all. Well here’s another update. Nothing has changed. With over 16,000 miles now on the odometer no trouble at all and still love the car.

400 HP AWD 2017 MKZ

Mr Frank, 08/30/2016
Premiere 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great little muscle car . Throaty sound and impressive acceleration . Gas mileage not that bad for 400 horses . Surprisingly comfortable driving position and a pretty nice ride . Maybe could be a little softer . Electronics work well and are intuitive . Easy car to learn to use . Fun to drive . Lots of nice features , including lights up on approach with the key in your pocket .

A quiet comfortable and smooth ride

Daniel Justin, 11/19/2016
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just traded in my Toyota Avalon Hybrid for this 2017 Lincoln MKZ hybrid and I am glad I did. American cars have really improved. This is one comfortable-quiet-smooth ride. You get so much more for your money. I am averaging 40 MPG although I am a conservative driver. The only downside to this car is that the acceleration is a bit on the slow side, although that is not a problem for me personally. Its like driving with the eco on all the time. And the other downside is the very small trunk area and no spare tire. But everything else is fantastic. From the very first look and test drive I knew this was the car for me. The dealership really took care of me and they made the experience simple and easy. It takes some time to learn all of the in's and out's that the vehicle can do, but that is understandable considering the complexity of the system. I am a car nut and I am really digging this ride. If only the traffic out there wasn't so insane.

Hot Rod Lincoln indeed

Greg, 02/28/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have an MKZ Reserve with the 400 hp engine, AWD, Driver Sport Package, Technology Package, Luxury Package, Climate Package and Power Moonroof. In Midnight Sapphire Blue Metallic, it is absolutely stunning with the two-tone interior that comes with the Driver Sport Package. I really didn't see me driving a domestic car let alone a Lincoln as my most recent cars were all imports: Audi S4, Volvo S60 R-Design, Infiniti M37 Sport and Infiniti M35 Sport. Nearly went for an Audi S5 Sportback as a replacement but the change from a supercharger to turbo was a little disappointing. The MKZ intrigued me especially the shape; much like an Audi S7 but thousands of $$$ less. A test drive absolutely sold me. I wanted something a little bigger than the Audi but would still go like stink and handle well. Lincoln absolutely has this car dialed in. There have been gripes about the quality of the interior materials and coming from an Audi which I think has one of the best interiors, I really can't complain. The comfort, technology, performance and overall satisfaction with the vehicle are all there for me. The upgraded Revel sound system is a ridiculous amount of money but worth every penny if you love your music as I do. The MKZ could use a 7 or 8 speed transmission to help with the fuel economy but if I was looking for great fuel economy I'd be driving a Prius. The best sleeper luxury performance sedan on the road. Fantastic car!!!

Great Ride at an acceptable Price

Gary, 09/26/2016
Select 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

You will be happy to own this vehicle. Great styling with lots of extras and the ride is super. Very Comfortable. This is an update to my pervious review and I don't see how you would beat a Lincoln.

From Lexus to Lincoln MKZ

Mr. Bill, 08/05/2016
Hybrid Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just clocked the first 1500 miles om my brand new leased 2017 Lincoln MKZ. In a word everything about this car is great!! My past 5 cars were all Lexus ES 350's but on this trade the dealer let me take a MKZ I liked for the 4th of July weekend and the day I returned it, it was mine. The technology on this car is overwhelming, the comfort is just what my body has always wanted in a car and the looks are demanding attention and good comments from all quarters. I feel truly secure in this car from all perspectives. My Lexu's were great cars but Lincoln did Lexus one better this time around with the MKZ. Mr. Bill

My First Lincoln in 62 Years

JohnMatt, 11/29/2016
Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've driven many cars during that time including Acuras, BMWs and Mercedes' recently. Their prices have risen too high for what you get, and the styling is nothing to cheer about (2017 MB has an IPAD glued to the dashboard). When I saw the 2017 Lincoln MKZ I was curious because the styling was fresh and the price was right. No undesired extras that were built into my choice, keeping the price reasonable. And the salesman I used was completely knowledgeable about the models and accessories so he could answer every question I raised, and the sales discounts happened to be available during the negotiation. The car is just what I wanted, although with a few negatives. It is spacious front and back with good seating quality (I don't use leather seats). The trunk is large and holds my golf clubs easily, or several large suitcases. The turbo-charged 4-cylinder engine (245 HP) has adequate acceleration and highway comfort, but feels a bit strained somewhat when trying to accelerate at high speeds. The fuel recommended is regular (87), but I use mid-grade (89) for better performance. The car has Ford SYNC for music and other electronic adjustments, which works well. It has several USB and 12-volt ports for the smart phone users, as well as Sirius if desired. One issue with me is the small buttons on the bottom of the steering wheel for answering phones using Bluetooth and setting the cruise control. Hard to select and use when driving. Uses a smart key fob remote for starting, entering and leaving, and pushbutton gear selectors (P,D,N,R). This car is not a sports car, so don't expect that. The 400 HP V6 may satisfy the power, but handling might not be there. I hope this description helps with your decision to buy or not.

3.0 Hot Rod Lincoln

Joe, 01/04/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hi, so the site didn't, give me the chance to enter the right model. I now have about 2,000 miles on a 2017 MKZ 3.0L V6 AWD sedan. I'm pleasantly surprised as I didn't have a chance to drive this combination when I ordered it. I drove the 4 cylinder turbo, and it was Ok, but certainly not exciting. I compared mainly against the Audi A4 and the BMW 330i. The Audi was a bit underwhelming to tell the truth. All of the reviews rave about the interior, but I just wasn't convinced. I really disliked the nav screen sitting up on top of the instrument panel. I loved the idea of ordering a 330i with a manual transmission, but realized the resale would be poor. The BMW interior didn't really impress either, though there is a kind of throwback look to it that I liked. The two BMW dealers I visited were also less than accommodating. They pushed leasing, while I prefer to buy. Anyhow, I wound up ordering the MKZ Reserve with the big engine, and I'm very pleased. High tech safety features, very quick acceleration, and I have yet to find a flaw side or out. Ok so with nearly 10,000 miles I have had a couple things needing repair. First was a buzzing noise from one of the speakers in the drivers door. That was repaired by the dealer to my satisfaction. The dealer claimed a clip of some sort was missing or defective. The other problem is a power window that won't properly roll up. It's as if it's sensing an object in the way. So it rolls up 80% of the way, and goes back down. The dealer had to reprogram a module of some sort to let it operate properly. If you nudge the window up slowly, it would close, but not automatically. I'm glad that's fixed. The dealer gave me a loaner and oil change as promised. Overall, I'm still very pleased. By the way, I drive very steady and fairly conservatively on the daily freeway commute. The 27 MPG is not a mistake. That's with AC now in summer, and the occasional full throttle blast when necessary. Update as of 1/5/2018: I now have just over 19,000 miles on the car, and I'm still very pleased. I'm still averaging 27 MPG in mostly urban freeway driving, and that's on regular unleaded. The 3.0L V6 engine has more than enough power for me, so only on a couple occasions have I filled with premium unleaded just to see if there was a big performance increase. No reason to return the car to the dealer for any service work, as I'm now doing full synthetic oil changes elsewhere. If I was to criticize anything, it would be the rather narrow opening of the trunk lid. The fastback design of the rear window forces a smaller opening. Normally it shouldn't be a problem, but I was trying to transport a few of those big plastic storage bins, and had to fold the rear seats down and load through the rear doors. Overall, I'm still very pleased. July 2018 with 29,000 miles. I needed to return the car for service as the oil pan required a new seal. There was a very minor leak, but the dealer was very accommodating with free loaner and of course, oil change. So although I was somewhat inconvenienced, I realize it’s a new engine design miles of mostly highway travel is 27.2...better than expected. July 2019 and the MKZ is at just over 46,000 miles. No problems or issues to speak of. Actually still on the original Michelin tires, but ready to change out soon. Mileage is consistent at 27.3 average since new, mostly highway commuting. Paint is gorgeous, leather interior still looks and smells great. No oil consumption between changes of full synthetic. Overall still a very fine car.

Quiet Luxury

oldsnwbrdr, 04/30/2017
Select 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I rented a Continental recently and have driven (and just leased) an MKZ, and Lincoln is doing a great job building quiet luxury cars. It's refreshing that they aren't chasing BMW owners intent on 0-60 times, 60-0 braking, hard cornering, etc. This car isn't about that--if you prefer old school Lincoln, Lexus, etc. I think you will really enjoy this car. I test drove multiple versions before finally settling on a "basic" Select model with the Select Plus and Climate packages, and the moonroof. I drove the V6 and really enjoyed it, but I'm coming out of a Fusion with the 1.5 Ecoboost engine, and I find the 2.0 engine powerful and smooth enough for my needs (most importantly it doesn't sound like a whiny 4 cylinder). I also thought I might want the Revel stereo upgrade, but the bass was so strong that it caused the driver's door to rattle annoyingly, which overrode the improved sound that the system delivered, so no go there. I also found the multi-contour seats in one model I drove to be less comfortable than the base seats. I really enjoy the Sync 3 system much more than MyFordTouch, but even though I have the latest version installed (2.0), the system has some bugs. My car has Apple CarPlay but it requires the phone to be plugged in and I actually prefer the look of the Sync 3 interface anyway. I disabled CarPlay in the system menu, which allows some apps (like Pandora) to appear on the Sync 3 app menu. When I press Pandora to play, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In addition, when I want to play my podcasts, I was not able to use Sync 3 to switch from one downloaded podcast to another, when I tried to play another one it wouldn't work. Finally, even though I'm (supposedly) connected to my home wifi network, every time I manually check for a Sync 3 update the system just spins and spins, never confirming whether I have the latest version. While I find the interior quality of the MKZ excellent, I wish I had more color choices to choose from than black or beige. I really liked the terra-cotta color available in the Reserve models but it can't be had with the Select. That said the interior quality standards fall short of the Germans. All of that said, I really enjoy driving this car and all of the other Lincolns I've been in recently. There are good deals to be had, definitely check them out! Updates at 8,500 Miles: Still loving the car for it's quiet and smoothness. I came out of a Fusion which was an exceptional car, but the MKZ truly takes the experience on another level of luxury. With the supremely comfortable (base) seats the car is made for relaxing long-distance drives. I play with the driving modes once in awhile (I push "S" when passing" but I've never bothered to shift manually). Mileage is about what I expected, mid to high 20's. Should be better though, I suspect the issues are with the transmission and the weight of the car. In 6th gear the engine is turning 2,500 rpm which is a little high. On the freeway I drive 70-79 mph. I follow some of the MKZ discussion forums and learned how to upgrade Sync 3 to version 3.0. I did that a couple of weeks ago and the system seems a little less buggy. I can't figure out how to save my current position as a favorite in the GPS; if there is a way to do it, it's not intuitive. I'm still using the Sync 3 interface exclusively and have shut off Apple Car Play, even though the Apple Maps are much improved with iOS 11. Base stereo in the MKZ... unlistenable. Especially with Sirius radio which is even more so. Lincoln should follow suit with Lexus and install the XM satellite receivers which sound far better. The base MKZ stereo is the same as the base Fusion stereo. At a minimum, Lincoln should install the Sony system from the Fusion Titanium which includes HD ratio. I wish I had upgraded to the Revel stereo (note for 2018, the MKZ Reserve model now includes the Revel stereo as standard... good decision, Lincoln!) Tires are awful. I've noted wheelspin and loss of grip on wet roads. Car has been completely trouble-free for the first 8,500 miles. Despite my gripes I love the car.

Comfort with great mileage

Doug, 06/09/2017
Hybrid Select 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I moved to the MKZ Hybrid Select after leasing an MKC Reserve, which was nice but had disappointing mileage. The MKZ is quiet, has a smooth, compliant ride and outstanding mileage. I'm averaging around 38 mpg in mostly city driving, but I don't use ECO mode because it makes the car feel too sluggish. Sync 3 is superior to MyLincoln Touch and Android Auto is helpful, but I wish Waze was accessible in the app. The driver's seat feels a little firm, but otherwise the car is very comfortable. The CVT can drone when you mash the pedal, but acceleration is acceptable. I'll be disappointed if Lincoln discontinues the MKZ or doesn't replace it with another hybrid vehicle.

Should help the Lincoln brand

Mrpushrod, 10/25/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove many vehicles. When it came down to it I liked the interior, ride and comfort better in the MKZ. And for $55k it is hard to find a creamy smooth 400HP engine. The other midsized luxury vehicles felt inferior. As if the Lincoln had a higher-end quality interior. Multicontour seats well thought out, leather and padded surfaces felt soft and supple. It feels like the Lincoln brand is trying harder since they have to thwart off the sport of American brand bashing that is constantly read in publications such as Consumer Reports. Furthermore, I test drove and ordered a MKZ with the Drivers Package that has dynamic torque vectoring which intelligently applies power to the rear wheels when driving aggressively. With the package on a test ride (not pushing to limits) I did not feel any torque steer or that much understeer typically associated with FWD and some AWD vehicles. And to boot in my opinion the road isolation & ride felt better in the Lincoln than a Caddy, Mercedes or BMW. Looking for true compromise, I passed on the summer only tires this time around. So if there is some impact from having AWD vs RWD it will most likely only be noticed at the track or by very aggressive drivers. That said 99.999999% of the audience buying these vehicles today are not going to the race track. They are looking for stable good grip on a variety of road conditions along with easy control and sure footed steering feel. That’s what the average Joe wants behind the wheel and Lincoln delivers. The AWD with torque vectoring does its job and keeps torque steer under control and steering feel is precise; easy to thread the car through a needle. BTW, I am not an ignorant just looking to be the expert and to hear myself speak. I know the difference between the Lincoln and a true sport sedan and opted for the Lincoln. My other vehicles are; a Corvette, Pontiac G8 GT (RWD 6 liter), F150 and Road Glide. The only cons besides the Lincoln name: scant rear head room, smaller rear seat than some, and weight distribution with AWD (not 50-50% front and rear like a RWD sedan). One more comment. Consumer Reports issue with the push button gear selector is really a joke. Anyone that is off the baby bottle will not mind the change. I actually think it makes a lot of sense to free up the console. Hope other brands do the same. A common solution amongst brands through committee would be best

GETTING CLOSER

BobH, 11/22/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This marks my 5th MKZ. The first one came about after having owned most of the euros like Mercedes, Jags, BMWs etc. I was playing golf with a friend from Germany who had been here all of 3 years. When I saw him pull up in a Ford SUV I was shocked since his previous car was a BMW. His comment? "Well, I figured since I now live in America, I will support America." It certainly made me think and after a couple months bought a Lincoln MKZ and never stopped. The first one I had surely was a step down in quality, comfort, bling etc. etc., but with each passing year, I kept noticing continued improvements while the price point stayed within reason. Now, this 2017 is getting closer to luxury but I DO have to point something out about SYNC 3. What HAD BEEN an easy to read TRAFFIC REPORT on Travel Link, is now absolutely ludicrous. It's near impossible to read and some of the listings even have horizontal scroll bar arrows to read the rest of the line. Try doing that while driving and you'll be the NEXT traffic incident. THAT is down right ridiculous. HOWEVER...improvements have been made with knobs instead of sliders on the dash which makes audio and climate far easier to adjust. Seems too like there's a little more padding for the knees on either side and the interior beige color is better. After having had 4 and now my 5th, I still love things like regular gas, speed filling at the pumps, low brake dust output on wheels, (the euros are the worst for that), still a tad more quieter inside as well. The seats are generally comfortable but could probably be nudged up a click to be perfect. The angle of the NAV screen on the MKZ is nice.......BUT.....because of same, a mid-day sun can make it difficult to see. I could be wrong but it seems like they increased some lumens which helps. Also noticed the touch screen doesn't seem to leave as many fingerprints as it used to. Finally, I can't say enough about that 4 cyl. Eco-Boost engine. I just wish my Dad were still around because he would be in shock by how smooth, quiet and fast a 4 cyl. could be. In closing, were it not for the inane nuances of the SYNC 3 and especially with Travel Link Traffic display, I'd give it a 4.5 at least. FIX IT LINCOLN....it's ludicrous!

Leasing now but will buy

Armand R., 04/28/2019
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I leased the 2017 Lincoln MKZ hybrid Reserve 2 1/2 years ago. I love the car so much I've decided to buy it. I've had a few minor issues with the car that the dealer addressed immediately. The MKZ has had absolutely no major mechanical, electrical, or peripheral issues since I've had it. I love the exterior of the car - and I get a lot of compliments especially on the dramatic new grill. I was considering buying a certified Lexus 300h when my lease was up but the cost of the MKZ is lower, and furthermore, I have been driving the car since it was new. I love the concierge service that is included with this car. I have never once stepped foot in the dealer's service department! The only complaint is that the back seat has little head and leg room. If you have a tall or big passenger, make sure they sit in the front! All in all, it's a great car!

We made the right choice

Cindy W, 06/19/2019
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Update...Very happy with the car. Nice looking and comfortable. Have 40,000 miles racked up and been reliable. Would buy it again. Original review: We bought the car for a comfortable traveling vehicle. We been stopped and receive comments on how people find the car to be classy or beautiful. Notice people slowing down to look at the car constantly. The car is wonderful on long trips. I really love the car, even if there could be some improvements and plan to own it for any years to come. We have the Reserve hybrid with all the features offered except massaging seats. The ride is quiet and smooth. Appreciate the auto wipers and brights. Found the adaptive cruise reduces the frustration of slower traffic while picking up speed when cleared. The blind side is a blessing. The infotainment system is easy to operate, though the navigation tends to talk a lot and does not hold too many of my previous locations. Manufacturer should compare and improve navigation similar to Garmin. Like how updates to navigation is by wifi at no cost. Pass thru to trunk and fold down sates. Tight u-turns. Many option settings when there is a young driver. With the hybrid, we average over 37 mpg, this was the breaking point to buy the car, not understanding all the other pluses. The negatives to me is the car is sluggish in eco, but ok without. Trunk is smaller with battery in back compartment, but good enough for everyday shopping. Wish there were about 4-5 more inches of legroom in rear for adult passengers, but about average for cars this size. The panoramic sunroof is a neat idea, but think they should look at the Hyundai panoramic sunroof where it does not cause a problem with rear vision. These are all minor to us. We are very pleased with our purchase.

Lemon Alert!!! 2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve Hybrid

Juliana G., 09/02/2016
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had this car 3 months and have brought it back to be serviced 5 times. The car wouldn't start 2 times and needed roadside assistance to jump the battery. The stereo sounds great, but Sirius drops channels frequently even in well populated areas with great satellite visibility. The rear cabin light has a weird flicker/pulsating condition. Every time we bring it to the dealer for service they say they can't duplicate the problem. I took a video of the flickering light and they said that's the way it works. That's the way it works???? A $55,000+ car that has lost charge twice and has a flickering interior light sure sounds like an electrical problem to me. They replaced my new car's battery yesterday, now it's a wait and see game. Other than that, Lincoln said they can't help me. I've never had such an experience with a new car ....ever. Now, I know why so many people buy foreign cars.

Makes me smile

Joe Rothwein, 01/16/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is refreshingly styled. It is quiet, capable and well mannered. The interior is very well put together and inviting. It is not an appliance like most Japanese competitors seemed to never have gotten past. This car is a gem that puts a smile on my face every time I look at it. It makes me feel good to dive it no matter what kind of day I have had. This is truly a luxury vehicle, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Anyone looking for a vehicle in this class should give the MKZ a tryout.

2017 Reserve 4cl

Billy, 07/11/2017
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my Lexus LS430. Pros: Best bang for your dollar, great smooth ride, sexy exterior and interior styling, technology second to none. Cons: cheap interior leather, lacks leg room in rear, sound system is subpar for luxury car.

Great buy

Brian Bossier, 02/23/2017
Hybrid Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Aesthetically pleasing car that gets 41mpg. Best ride in its class bar none(I tried them all, the Lincoln is head and shoulders above) if you want to drag race get another car, if you love a smooth ride, great gas mileage, pleasing interior and features the Lincoln is THE BEST in class.

Stylish And Efficient, The MKZ Does It All

Tedd, 10/08/2017
Hybrid Select 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I ordered the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Select Plus in Magnetic Gray Metallic with a Cappuccino interior. Wow. This car is a real looker inside and out. The car's already sleek lines accentuate the new-for-2017 front-end. The little delights like the front LEDs turning on and off in sequence and the large Lincoln logo that projects from the outside mirrors onto the ground just outside the doors as you approach show some serious attention to detail. The wood trim is real and the grain looks great. The quality materials of the dash and the swoop of the instrument panel whisper "luxury." This car wooshes along serenely and delivers some whopping gas mileage. Before heading over to the Euro dealers, stop by your local Lincoln dealer. I never thought I would ever utter such words, but I am smitten.

Goodbye TownCar....Helllo 2017 MKZ

Landon Alberson, 12/29/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve with the Technology package. It retailed for $45,000. The twin turbo 4 cyl is fast and I average 25 MPG. It is black velvet with the optional rims. The Revel sound system surpasses anything I have ever heard in car audio. The technology is easy and after 6 months of use, it has worked flawlessly. If you plug in your phone to the USB port, you never pick it up while driving...the car does everything for you including read and respond to your texts messages and play any song on Apple itunes. All you do say the title of the song. I have had a lot of fun going back into the 1980's and 1990's music. Front seats are very adjustable. It lacks the comfort of the Towncar which I previously owned. Stirring wheel is telescopic. Ambient lighting at night is cool- kids especially love it. When you approach the car at night, it lights up all around and shines the Lincoln welcome mat down on the ground on each side of the car. Rain sensor and blind spot protection are great! The cruise is interactive...and I will never go back to regular cruise control. The pedestrian warning system as activated several times and it makes me feel safe. People around town stop me so they can look at this beautiful car. It gets attention. Real wood trim too and LED lights are beautiful. And the 2017 MKZ along with the Audi A4 are the quietest cars on the road this year. It has noise cancellation system...so very quiet even at 80MPH. I got the Terracotta seats and they really stand out against the black trim and enhance the walnut wood trim. Im at 42,000 miles. It has only had oil changes and one alignment and new tires. It runs without a flaw. It is smooth and very quiet on the road.

Love my Lincoln Mkz

Mn, 01/14/2018
Select 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car. On freeways I am getting 32-34mpg...roomy interior, smooth, quiet ride. I would buy this car again!! Its a beautiful package.

Will own for 200K or more

Brandon, 04/10/2018
Black Label 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Absolutely the best car I've ever owned. It's my first 'luxe' car, but compared to the others (like Cadillac and Tesla), I was thrilled and still am everytime I get into the car. Favorite feature is the interior and heated steering wheel. There are two cars I will always remember. My first car, and my first Lincoln.

Beautiful car! I get many compliments.

Karla A, 05/13/2018
Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great value, extremely happy with all of the options that came with the car we purchased at a great price. The seats are super comfy and very easy to relax and rest in during a long ride.

400 HP with AWD - How bad can it be?

Richard of Yardley, 07/27/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is the 3.0t AWD Version, and is Diamond Black, has the driver's, technology, and climate packages. Also included are the panoramic sunroof, massage seats and the $1,080 stereo system. With a MSRP total well above $56,000, I was a bit reluctant to make the move. Bought it anyway. A perfectly amazing "Hot Rod Lincoln". 0-60 = 4.6 seconds. Back in the day (early to mid-fifties), Lincoln ruled the stock car racing circuit; today, this car would be a major contender. It is an amazing set of wheels. Very quiet and peppy in "D", but just roars in "S". Value for money is exceptional. Out does many BMW's, Audis, and Mercedes in performance, and certainly price. All things considered, this car is very much worthy of your consideration. Performance is unparalleled! July 2018: It just gets better! - Further on my initial review and update: I failed to mention that the OEM Michelin tires are awful! Totally inadequate for the car's power and sophisticated technology. I switched to Perelli P-Zero summer tires (slightly up-sized to 255/40R19 100V XL), and the change is remarkable; no wheel spin, and much less torque steer. I use Perelli winter Sottozero 3 between October - March. I chose the P-Zeros because my 2015 Mustang was delivered with them, and they are outstanding albeit expensive. If you have the 3.0 AWD, its well worth the money to upgrade your tires! ...and if you live where it snows, winter tires are a huge plus. January 2019: Continue to be very pleased with this large "mid-size" sedan. It is comfortable and handles extremely competently. Mileage has improved to 20 mpg from 18. Routine maintenance is the only cost incurred to date. No warranty work has been required. August 2019: No change. The car was very competent in last winter's inclement weather. January 2020: Nothing new to report. No major technological advances to prompt anything new at this time. Appearance still turns heads!

Bundle of Intermittent Electrical Problems

Tony Gardner, 09/18/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

List of intermittent problems and resolutions (1) Left door window will not stay closed (fixed program), (2) loud humming noise at certain speeds (fixed noise cancellation program), (3) front fan squeal noise (replaced fan), (4) trunk won't close, pops back open (dealer can't find problem, not fixed), (5) Dash board warning of front camera not operative (dealer can't find problem, not fixed)_

Name, style and comfort

Jay, 05/16/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Comfortable ride, distinctive styling, and new technology. The best thing i like about the car is that control it gives you. Even on rough roads or fast lanes the car gives outstanding feeling of being in control. It is a very well balance and state of art.

My Second MKZ - Still No Real Competition

AjayLA, 04/10/2019
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2013 MKZ Hybrid Reserve and was very pleased with it, but its certified used car warranty (six years from date of purchase) was running out, so I purchased another certified MKZ Hybrid Reserve, this time a 2017. There really is not much competition, just as there hadn't been for the earlier car. If you want an entry-level luxury hybrid sedan, your choice is limited to the Lexus LS, Toyota Avalon, and the Lincoln. (A Ford Fusion Titanium is another option, but it's a clone of the Lincoln, not appreciably less expensive, and lacks a few features and free loaners during service.) In my mind, both the design and performance of the first two are lacking. My experience dealing with Lincoln service had been excellent, and I like that the car is manufactured in North America (albeit Mexico, not the USA). So I stuck with Lincoln. As with the earlier car, I enjoy driving the newer car very much. The Sync 3 system is superior to the earlier My Lincoln Touch (although I had no problems with it either). The Reserve trim now includes automatic folding mirrors, but lacks a heated steering wheel. It also offers an ECO option, which provides more regenerative braking when your foot is off the gas, but I find the car feels a bit sluggish if it is engaged. The car has outstanding technology, is supremely comfortable, handles well, and consistently gets 36 mpg on what are generally very short trips in heavy traffic, and over 40 mpg on longer highway trips. It's not Prius territory, but good enough for me. My chief gripe with both cars is the course quality of the gasoline engine. It's not noticeable except when heavy acceleration is required. To the car's credit, it will move out pretty quickly, but the noise and coarseness intrude on what is an otherwise quiet and refined vehicle. Other than that, I have no complaints at all. I highly recommend buying certified used. It's like having a new car with a four-year warranty, but letting the first owner (or, more likely, lease holder) take the brunt of depreciation.

A Lot of Car For The $$$

John Arras, 01/03/2018
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am totally enjoying getting 40MPG's and still able to drive a true luxury car! I get a lot of looks and questions, all good! I have the White Platinum paint with the all dark glass roof and the upgraded pocket wheels. Very hot looking! Love all luxury the features and appointments. The massaging seats are really cool and nice on long drives. Downsides are that the voice recognition does not recognize about half of my address book which is very frustrating when driving and wish that worked better. Also the sound system is just "OK". I expected to be "Wowed" by a great sound system but it is not to be. Our other car is a Kia Soul and its sound system is much better! That said, we are very happy with our MKZ overall and feel it is a sharp well built machine. Also very good value for all you get. We hope Lincoln will improve on the few shortfalls mentioned as we feel we would most likely buy another MKZ in the future! A little more head and leg room would be nice too. If Lincoln would make the Continental in a Hybrid, I would buy one!

Cool sophistication

Todd, 03/16/2018
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have the hybrid reserve model. The Revel audio system, leather seats, and technology features at a price that’s thousands less than the German competitors makes me love this car even more. The hybrid model is not fast; but it’s not supposed to be. I live in a metropolitan area and had a sports car previously. How fast can you really go? I’m loving the air conditioned luxury seats, advanced safety features, and 42mpg (in a car that doesn’t look like a Prius). If you want a sports sedan, this may not be for you. If you want an “eco” friendly car that doesn’t scream “eco”, and provides you with all the modern creature comforts one could want, this may be the car for you.

My 2nd MKZ hybrid and it's trouble-free and a joy

davidspro, 05/23/2019
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second MKZ, my first, a 2014, had one very minor issue during my 36 month lease. This 2017 car has been trouble free 24 months into the lease. I loaded this up with pretty much every available option, except for the huge moon roof. I find that I am getting slightly lower mileage (35 - 38 mpg) than my much more modestly equipped 2014, which averaged about 38 - 40 mpg. That, of course, is when driving it like a normal car. On those days when I'm feeling up to maximizing the energy recapture through braking, I can squeeze 45 to 50 or more, depending upon the terrain. The car is not a performance beast, but is a pleasure to drive on long trips. The adaptable cruise control, lane maintenance, adaptable high beams, etc. save a lot of wear and tear on my feet. I like the design and the "Batman" style Lincoln logo that lights up on the ground at night. If this car holds up well over the last 12 months of the lease, I will probably buy it.

My MKZ is Zesty and fun!

John Powers, 11/01/2017
Select 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Research the different selections of models first (Premiere, Select, Reserve, Black Label) Car looks sleek and fast even when parked! Dealer was first class all the way thru delivery.

What a disaster!

CoalKing, 02/09/2019
Select 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Not sure who has failed more - Lincoln or the dealer. The car is a mess - a myriad of rattles, knocks, sluggish performance, and scary electrical problems (eg, the car will sometimes not recognize the key/the dashboard will go black and visibly “reboot”/the radio will start to play on its own/etc). The dealer plays the “unless it happens while I’m looking at it, we won’t try to find and fix it.” Video evidence doesn’t count. After completing an unsolicited opinion survey from Lincoln, the dealer took offense and refuses to service the vehicle. Called Lincoln, their response was “sucks to be you....the dealers are independent, they can do what they want.” Purchasing this vehicle is one of the worst decisions I’ve ever made. We are thrilled with a 2014 MKX that we own, but will never buy Lincoln again.

A Real Sleeper!

Jewopaho, 04/25/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Smooth, very quiet ride, responsive handling, exceptionally comfortable seating, safety features galore, loads of creature comforts ... a huge bang for the buck. It's an outstanding value in the entry-level luxury car field as it stands... but I purchased a dealer's service loaner with a few thousand miles on it, saving a nice chunk of change. It looks, performs and even smells like a new car. To top it off, the 2.0 turbo runs on regular gas! There's also the bonus of owning a vehicle made in the US by union labor. If there's any drawback, it could use a bit more power when accelerating, but it's hardly a concern, given all the positives. As a previous owner of foreign luxury vehicles, I'm glad I made the decision I did. UPDATE: Six months' ownership, and nothing has changed ... great car. The infotainment system is outstanding and very user-friendly, especially the navigation. Living in Texas, with its triple-digit summers, the air-conditioned (not just ventilated) seats are a blessing ... and not even available on much of the competition. Generally speaking, you'd have to shell out another ten grand to own a similar vehicle ... and just about all other 2.0 turbos require premium fuel. Yep, this one's definitely a keeper.

My second MKZ

MKD, 01/01/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car, my second one. The first being a 2015. While some people don't like the push button shifters, I think that not only is it unique, it frees up space in the center console providing a smooth flow of the controls. Gone are the confusing touch-sliders from 2015. While still powerful, the 2015 engine seemed to run and shift smoother. And I especially like the Lincoln Experience. Overall, Lincoln has another winner. Highly recommended!

MKZ Great Car

James C Dumas, 03/05/2019
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It has been 46 years since we owned an auto made in the USA. It was a Lincoln also So it was a great surprise to me when I fell in love with this one and trade my BMW 740 I for will lease a new one in 2019 again. Thank Jimmy Nine Toes

MKZ

Anthony, 02/08/2018
Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 4 cylinder needs twenty more horsepower. Purchase the six cylinder if you can. Transmission is smoother than I expected. Love the style of the vehicle. The seats are very comfortable but the car is kind of narrow from left to right on leg room. Overall I’m very happy with the car.

I was Prepared To Be Amazed But I Was Bamboozled

Scott in Wesern PA, 03/14/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

To be fair, I was comparing this to the Mercedes E350, Cadillac CTS4, Audi A6 and a BMW 5 series. In my subjective testing of 15-30 minute test drives, each of these cars led or tied a category...The Lincoln was never a serious contender in any category. Cheap interior materials. A $1000+ top-of-the-line sound system that you swear is old fashioned boomboxes stuffed into the door panels. Significant squat upon moderate braking. Confidence un-inspiring body roll in curves. Over-boosted steering. At least they finally got the exterior styling correct as the new grill is beautiful. Significant road noise, could be the tires. I so wanted to like this car, and kept telling myself it stickered $15-$25,000 less than the others, but even at that price point I wouldn't pull the trigger as there are many other options in that price range that offer an engaging driving experience.

Exterior fit and function

Dallas, 09/05/2018
Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The body fits/part to part or seams is shamefully poor, they vary from 1/16" to 1/4" Parked side by side to my Hyundai ( whose gaps do not vary more .010) Lincoln should be ashamed. Where is your Quality control? With digital drafting, manufacturing and QC I am surprised the parts go together at all. Look at rocker panel to front quarter panel. I spent 50 years as a Certified Manufacturing Engineer and feel I am qualified to this critiquing. I would be very glad to meet and talk with Lincoln's engineer and sales personal and perhaps help to improve Lincoln's image. I had my MKZ back to the dealer twice and found that all units are alike. ( Betcha you won't answer this) Signed, Dallas Barteau [contact info removed].

MKZ

Dave Mercer, 05/18/2018
Black Label 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great Value

Comfortable, affordable luxury

TreyMc, 09/21/2019
Hybrid Select 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has a comfortable ride and decent performance for a hybrid. Back seat is a bit small and some interior elements are not top quality, but for the money I’m very happy with it so far.

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0

Won, 04/21/2020
Premiere 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This review is for a Lincoln MKZ 3.0. Has 6 cylinders. 400 HP. AWD. The model section for the review does not have this option. Needed a second car and wanted to try something new. Wanted to go the used route for the second car. Looked at various sedans and chose the MKZ. Very happy with this vehicle. Extremely fun to drive. The 400 horses is a BLAST. I do not recall seeing another vehicle in this class with the same power or more. Very fast, responsive. Interior is nice, but not extravagant. Navigation, entertainment is very nice. Easy to use and informative. Very, very happy with this vehicle.

This is a wonderful vehicle!

Henrietta Gaudzels, 06/12/2016

ANEMIC---got better

mkz1, 01/03/2017
Hybrid Select 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Good looking , nice graphics, and that’s it the engine and transmission is the worst I have driven in modern times—under powered- loud engine, cvt is anemic and hardly any downshift-- the most disappointing in power, ride is satisfactory but and appointments-lighting is great—the “leather” is awful- and way to light for every day use. Soon car manufactures will make only 1-2 interiors black and light and light will be filthy in a week-neither are for real uses. Avg 36 MPG after 6 months i areally got used to the car-- the small engine can be helped in acceleartiona nd power and feel of speed by movign the seat closer to the pedlas -- rally -- it feels much better and not slow --still labors the engine but expected fro less than 200hp-- i love it now- had to get used to it and still average 36mpg on regular-i would buy anohter - but they may not build it--and suv dont get this kind of mileage so i will stick with it - also the all electric is not fro me - adn way toooo expensive---bought this new new car under $37,000 with crosstraffic and blind spot mirror-- a great deal

Love the car hate the speakers

Aaron, 09/26/2017
Hybrid Select 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Pretty much everything about this car is great. I got it for the comfort and fuel efficiency, and while the acceleration is a bit underwhelming, it's worth it to save gas. BUT the stereo sounds AWFUL. Sounds like it's going through a tin can. I've adjusted and adjusted and can't get it right. It's one of the worst stereos I've ever heard...so sad considering how great the car is otherwise.

Poor leather quality

Sylvia Ward, 10/26/2018
Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

ask about leather seat issues, whole in drivers seat turned up and they are shifting blame to us. Bullcrap!!

Lincoln MKZ In a Ford body.

Paul S, 08/02/2019
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I loved the styling of the MKZ but the dealer was not in a convenient location. I chose the 2017 Fusion Platinum, listed at $41,200. It is the MKZ in a much less prestigious Ford body. Writing this review as the pluses and minuses are identical to the MKZ. Entering third year of ownership. Window bounceback issue fixed quickly. No other issues. Parking assist gets me within about 6 inches from the curb every time. An older driver, I have neck problems and it is a lifesaver. AWD with 19 inch low profile tires hold slippery roads perfectly. Adaptive cruise control is a great safety feature. Plush leather interior with walnut trim. The Fusion Platinum biggest engine is the standard 2.0 turbo. The 400 HP must be nice.

MKZ Hybrid 2017

Wayne, 01/06/2017

Great car!

Awesome car!!!

Teresa, 06/24/2016
Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the style and handle. Best 2017 model in its class.

51050