Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$14,495

Used MKZ for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Finally Received 2013 MKZ Hybrid

tomstrie, 03/31/2013
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well, I finally got mine a hybrid even though it was not the one I ordered. A similar one came to another dealer and my dealer got it for me. So far it is absolutely beautiful, I have gone over it with the proverbial fine tooth comb and can find no flaws. The Crystal Champaign paint is flawless. They really did their homework on this car. With the short time I have had it the mileage shows around 40.1 mpg. I am really impressed with the quietness of the vehicle and the smoothness of the transition from electric to gas. With the car arriving so late I thought of cancelling and waiting for the 2014 but, I am glad I finally got one.

Awesome

mcroad, 04/06/2013

We just received our MKZ hybrid this week after waiting 5 long months and believe me it was worth the wait. My husband was worried about being comfortable in this car because he is a big guy. He love it and fits in it just fine, cannot say anything negative about this purchase. We have not broken it in yet to get the 45mpg as said but the manual said 1000 miles to be broken in. If we do get the 45mpg then it is that much more pleasing. Love the color we got the smoked quartz and it is similar to yankee blue. Lincoln has really worked wonderfully to make us happy with the purchase and incentives for waiting. Thank you Lincoln.

Loving my MKZ

petemkz, 11/29/2013

I've had this car for about a month now and I'm loving it more each day I drive it. First of all it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out, it drives like a dream and I love the "VALUE" I got from this car. I looked at the BMW 528 and MB E300H and they start at 50k+ and don't have some of the great stuff I has. I got 46mpg from two fill-ups, but I drive mostly on electric and in traffic and take my time! if you drive slowly and give yourself lots of stop distance you can get 45+mpg. Love the LED lights inside and out and the AC front "seats" and the adaptive cruise / LED headhlights / ride controls. The voice control system is awesome,it can control almost anything (calls, Nav, Temp and Radio / Sat).

MKZ Software Update Completed

zbrid2013, 08/03/2013

Bought my new 13 Z four months ago and it's great to drive, comfortable and quiet. I have the hybrid and it offers a smoother ride than the EcoBoost version. My MPG was under 37 MPG and I just had the update done at AutoNation in Clearwater on Friday and I'm now averaging 42 MPG:-) In addition, they fixed a recall item on the fuel pump (something like that) and I've got to admit that the car rides different (better all the way around) and it's pretty cool to be pushing 80 MPH and be on electric:-) Maybe it took Lincoln a bit more time to get it right, but they did.

Great Balance of Style, Substance, and Economy

ajayla, 04/05/2015
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car certified when it came off lease. There was simply no other models offering the combination this one did. I considered Fusion hybrids, which are obviously similar, but found no price difference. The "lifetime" fuel use over 20,000 miles is just under 39 mpg. Considering the level of luxury, this is pretty great. Coupled with a solid ride, responsive handling, and all the systems it provides, the Lincoln makes a compelling case. The changes between hybrid and engine modes are very subtle. The start-stop system on even BMWs is rough in comparison. Power is not a high point, but it's there when needed. UPDATE Two years later, the car is still going strong. I've had a few minor issues -- automatic lights (finally fixed on third attempt) and juddering panoramic sunroof operation when baking in the sun (still not resolved after four attempts). While the dealer has been excellent in providing loaner cars, thus minimizing inconvenience to me, I see a tendency to update software rather than look deeper. (For example, the automatic lights needed a new sensor.) I remain very impressed by the technology, though the learning curve was pretty steep. The main disappointment, which I knew going in, has to do with the power output of the engine, the tendency for the CVT to drone when accelerating hard, and the general harshness, vibration, and sound of the gas engine. These are imperceptible when driving moderately, but definitely detract from the smoothness of the driving experience when, for example, accelerating on a grade. But these are the traits of a hybrid. I continue to average between 37 and 38 MPG in hilly urban terrain. That's more than twice the efficiency of my prior car, which had nowhere near the level of sophistication and was smaller and lighter. While I don't drive a lot, I feel good to be doing my part, and doing it discretely. Yes, there is a slight lack of polish in the drive train, but it's not significant in the overall picture. As for value, I took advantage of heavy depreciation when I bought the car as it was coming off lease. I imagine that the depreciation has continued, though at a slower pace. I appreciate that the car design did not change in any significant way in four years. Now the front is different, but the rest of the car is the same, so it still looks current., Would I buy this car again? If it were 2015 again, yes. In the past two years, though, there have been major technological advances and a broadening of options, so I might give consideration to other cars.

Very Good, but not Great

muncie_in, 10/12/2013

Purchased this car 4 weeks ago. On a 4-hour highway trip averaged 38 mpg. Same in town. Car is very comfortable to sit in for long distances. Interior is classy and exterior paint looks great. Complaints include fuel efficiency leaves display difficult to determine how efficient you are at that moment. Windows look great, but difficult to see oncoming traffic when backing up on a slight curve. Most disappointment was/is with Lincoln itself. They offered a $1000.00 rebate if your car was from a competing manufacturer, but not if you were a loyal Ford owner! I've never been penalized for loyalty.

Excellent value for a hybrid vehicle

lincolnmkz2013, 09/20/2013

Purchased the hybrid in June 2013. What can I say - this is a very fine car! I looked at all hybrids in its class and Lincoln had the quietest ride among all. Lincoln invested in what's not available in other 40K range cars: improved sound insulation and, consequently, reduced wind noise. Looking at its' expensive looking elegant exterior, it's hard to guess that it's most practical and versatile hybrid in a class, due to its folded seats capacity. I have no problems picking up relatives from the airport or even loading small furniture/bycicles in the car! I love the audio sound quality, the trip report and mpg screen, Lincoln Mobile apps and push-buttons star.

2013 Lincoln Hybrid (Lemon)

zbrid2013, 02/18/2015
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car in 2013 and it received only 36 MPG and I was sold on 45 MPG combined. Instead of Ford offering me a new car that actually worked, I had to file a complaint under the Lemon Law. The case has been settled and they have purchased back the car.

Quiet, smooth, and efficient

Joe T, 02/06/2020
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is not an exciting car. In fact, probably don't buy a Lincoln if you want an exciting car (and definitely don't get a CVT). I have my e39 manual for that. However, what Lincoln does very well is make quiet, smooth vehicles that are excellent and luxurious daily drivers. This car is also great for long cross country trips thanks to incredibly comfortable seats and convenient charging ports for devices. Trunk space is good for long and narrow items but on the smaller side for boxier shapes. Just keep up with preventative maintenance and this car will last. I'm over 100k miles and it's still smooth and efficient. I like the design before they changed the front end so this year is nice and these cars can be found relatively cheap. Mpg can easily be ~40 combined if you pay attention to braking and acceleration.

Horrible Quality/Sold it!

sobe531, 09/23/2013
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

45 mpg is an Absolute Lie! Closer to 36 mpg, and I live in super flat Florida. While the car is beautifully designed it is made from very cheap quality parts and is constantly breaking. Only 6 months old and been in the shop 4 times to repair/replace broken pieces and currently waiting for the entirely new interior roof trim to come in for a fifth visit. That will also need to have several other areas replaced/repaired for a second time. I am tired of the constant apologies from Lincoln about how awful the car is, I just want them to take it back. The interior is a piece of junk. Rattles, squeaks, pops, crackling noises all over the interior. (just sold in Mar 2016, HAPPY DAY!)

51050