Used 2017 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used MKX for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great midsize luxury suv - zero issues

Phil, 01/21/2018
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at every competitor and the MKX beat them out on features, value and overall driving experience. The list of things we like ranges from the Synch 3 system which is much superior to the Acura, BMW, and Audi, the quiet interior, seat comfort (we got the 22 way front seats), smooth power from the turbo 6, and overall features and functionality. The dealer even picks up and delivers the car for maintenance and leaves us a loaner, all included in the price. Lots of little things add to the experience like the best Bluetooth phone I’ve ever heard. The other party has no idea I’m calling through the car even at highway speeds. After almost a year and 25k miles there has been zero issues. We put on a lot miles and expect to get many years of worry free driving. If I want to be nit picky the mpg has averaged just 21, but the vehicle runs on regular and is AWD. At 53000 miles still running great with no issues. I had to put new tires on it (went with the factory Hankooks due to quietness and overall performance) and air filter. Otherwise the car needed only synthetic oil changes every 9k miles. Opted out of extended warranty due to no issues. I still have 70k warranty on the power train. Still love the car and glad I got all the extras. They really haven’t added anything to the new cars.

Loving my MKX

Nita, 04/17/2018
Select 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Do you homework on your new vehicle as well as trade-in so you won't be hassled into new car deal.

Driver's seat is the worst

Allison, 12/03/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The 2017 MKX looks great and has more technology features than you can imagine. The only problem is that the seats are made of poor quality materials and are not comfortable. Headrests on front seats tilt too far forward, causing neck pain. Seat cushions do not have enough support and they are very narrow (flat part is only 11 inches wide!) and bolsters on side make sitting surface more like a U shape than a normal seat. Back of seat is too bucket-like so I end up sinking into bottom and back of seat. Even went back to dealer for assistance with adjustments but no luck. Second row seats are flatter but still not comfortable. I am a 5'7" female and slim. MKX is now parked in garage because I get neck and back pain when I drive it. I am driving my son's 2003 Highlander instead. I would not recommend the MKX.

Nice car with seating and technology shortcomings

STUART BARNETT, 04/13/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice SUV with many good features. Noticeable shortcomings are very short front seats with not much leg support. Front headrest does not have much range of motion adjustment. Driver assistance function for maintaining lane will stop functioning when lines are yellow. Adaptive cruise control works very well.

Great automobile

Joe Cee, 11/05/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure it has all the extras you really want. I’m disappointed I didn’t get adaptive cruise control. Otherwise I’m totally satisfied