Skip to main content

Used MKX for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Keeps on keeping on!

Carol Anson, 08/25/2018
2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 10 years and 170,000+ miles, I am still pleased with this car. Very few repairs, very dependable and super comfortable!

The perfect small SUV

Pete, 11/22/2016
updated 11/24/2020
2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a coupe kind of guy. I like to be low to the ground and have a grip of where all my tires are. The idea of an SUV has never really intrigued me... that is until I test drove the MKX. It was small enough that I felt like I still had control of it and large enough to handle any extra storage we may need. I loved the black interior with natural-colored wood grain trim. It's the perfect combination in my opinion. On top of the black exterior. For an '08 the features are pretty outstanding. The white dash lights are very nice as opposed to the green or amber I've been so accustomed to. The ride is very comfortable and the cooled/heated seats make it even more comfortable. The interior lighting is bright, but it's not annoying to the driver. The only thing we had come up with it is the speed sensor went out 1500 miles after owning it. Fortunately, the dealer put a 3000-mile warranty on it, pretty surprising for an 8-year-old vehicle, and it was covered. Otherwise, it was about an $800 expense. Regardless, I love this SUV. I'm very glad we held out and went with Lincoln. Even though I'm a Toyota guy, I have always liked Ford, and I figured Lincoln was the way to go if I wanted all the features. UPDATE 5/23/19 Still loving this vehicle. The leather has held up very nicely. It still drives great. Other than the speed sensor issue in my initial review, it’s only been in the shop for oil, tires, and a tune-up. We did have to replace the brakes 6 months ago, but that’s it. We’ve put 40k miles on it since my initial review above. I only have one complaint... sometimes if the Bluetooth won't connect to my phone, I have to turn the car off and back on to get it connected. I wonder if this is a Lincoln and/or Ford thing because my 2011 Lincoln MKZ does the same thing. That’s it for a complaint. I’m really liking the drive of Lincoln and hope that it remains reliable because I could see us being a life long Lincoln family. UPDATE 11/24/20 Being a 12, nearly 13 year old vehicle at this point, we've actually received compliments on having a nice car. I do keep it clean and properly take care of its appearance. I'm still very happy with this vehicle.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Top Notch

dontblink, 08/06/2014
2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After several horrible experiences with European vehicles, I decided to buy domestic again. I dig the clean crisp styling, strong stance, & front grill reminiscent of Lincoln's past. The ride is firm yet comfortable, it handles well, & mileage is decent. The sound system is great. The clutter free instrumentation with retro gauges is pleasing. The cabin is roomy with plenty of cargo space. Quality leather seats are comfortable. Fit & finish is top notch inside & out. It could benefit from a rear view backup camera. The silver painted interior plastic looks like silver painted plastic. I really like the MKX, it is safe, stylish, reliable, & comfortable. It will likely be a favorite of ours.

Good size; comfortable ride

shellygg, 08/01/2018
2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Liked that this is a crossover so you sit up a higher than a car but it is not a huge step up to get in. Comfortable ride that handles well in ice and snow. Not very good gas mileage, but I expected that. Heated driver's seat stopped functioning about 6 months after 4-year warranty ran out and would have been very expensive to repair. Voice recognition of synced phone was spotty across multiple phones that I had over the years and it sometimes lost my phone-book. Rusted parts on the underside happened more readily than past foreign cars that I owned.

4.88 out of 5 stars

best suv/crossover I could find

tx1949, 04/30/2010
2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at a lot of SUV and crossovers and I liked the MKX best. The combo of style, performance, and features made it easy to "buy American." I like how it drives; more of a sedan feel rather than a truck- like drive. Cooled seats in Texas set it apart from all the others. I really like the Ipod hookup, satellite radio, nav system, and hands free phone functions. And they are all integrated & work perfectly. I averaged 19 mpg for the 36k miles I had it; and the 6 cyl had plenty of zip. Only negative is that the battery died after 2 years but the quick response I got from the dealer made up for even that one negative. I am spoiled and will not go back to a lesser vehicle.

12345...16