Used 2009 Lincoln MKS Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lincoln MKS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKS model:

I mean, it rides pretty smooth...
By Nickolis

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I had just returned a lease and I didn't want to buy another brand new car. I knew I was going to be doing a lot of highway driving so I wanted something comfortable. The Lincoln is incredibly comfortable. The engine is powerful and cruising along is a breeze. For context, I am 29 years old. Not the typical car of a 29 year old. When you think Lincoln, the first thought is usually the Town Car. This isn't your grandpa's Town Car though. I really do like this car. It is beautiful. There is a big BUT, though. I didn't get all of the super fancy tech and I regret it for the sole purpose of reversing in this car. The visibility out of the rear is horrid. The backup sensors work but are incredibly slow to respond. I can't believe this car doesn't have a reversing camera. It's incredibly dangerous, if I'm honest. The base stereo sounds great, heated front and rear seats plus cooled front seats work great, Xenon headlights (non adaptive in the base form) are okay. My Hyundai's Xenon headlights seemed a lot more crisp and had better focus. Then there is the issue with storage. This car basically has 1 cup holder. The arm rest is weird because if you slide the padded sections forward, they block your cup holder. I've also learned that they must be slid forward just a touch before opening the armrest or it will catch on the back part and try to break itself. This car... I can't say I'd buy another one. I don't hate it and I will probably drive it for many more years. I just wouldn't make it my first choice.

A REAL BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!
By cappecan

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my 09 MKS AWD with 99,000 miles on the odometer. I was a bit hesitant, but with it being a one owner car, I took the chance. Boy did I make a great choice. The MKS really is an overall superb vehicle. I think I got lucky with mine, because for having over 100,000 miles, and being 9yrs old, it drives like a dream, and is a very snazzy ride. The MPG is not great, which for a boat of a car with AWD, this is to be expected. The handling is not amazing, but works for most. One thing to keep in mind is the shear size of this car; it's huge! Maneuvering into tight spaces can present a challenge, especially in cities. I'm very grateful for the front and rear parking sensors, as well as the back-up camera. The layout of the dash is simple to use, and in my opinion, is not stuffed with too many buttons. The sound system is exceptional, and the voice activated navigation is a life saver when you need it. Seats are plenty comfortable, and provide adequate support for long trips. This is a Lincoln, not a Cadillac, BMW, or a Infiniti. It's not designed for fast cornering, races down the road, or hardcore performance. It's a luxury "tank". It seems to appeal more to the "older" generation, and is designed to perform as such. The available AWD is a must for snow country, and makes all the difference with snowy or icy climates. Tires are not cheap, and are a bit tricky to come by. My only real complaint is that my sunroof does not work, which from what I've read, is a very common issue with these Lincoln vehicles. Other than that, I give it a two thumbs up, and a steal for just over $13,000.00.

Lincoln Guy
By Lincoln Guy

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Only need was radio upgrade for me
By Marlon W

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My car doesn't have the touch screen radio! Great car!!

Much potential. Disappointing craftsmanship.
By James Idol

2009 Lincoln MKS 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 MKS as a 3 year old Certified Preowned Vehicle. I was seduced by the technology, power, and handling. Ride is okay, but you feel the bumpy roads compared to my previous Town Cars. I was in the shop very often at the beginning. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty, but it was most inconvenient. I had to go in 3 times to fix 2 lumbar supports. Two of the door locks fell into the door. They never properly fixed the front seat back so it is not flush to this day. I had to take the car in 12 times to finally fix the AC. The air would blow erratically rather than with a steady stream.
Strangely I love this car when it is in proper working order.
It's now 2018. After having the car for nearly six years, with 197000 miles, I love it. What a trooper. I've spent money to keep it in good condition, but it performs practically like new. At 9 years old, people think it looks new. It's my dear friend.