Used 2015 Lincoln MKC Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lincoln MKC Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKC model:

Good car but VERY ford!
By Ben

2015 Lincoln MKC Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My family has a lot of cars; this one is perfect for my Mom. While technology, safety, and ease of use is exceptional this car lacks refinement. While quieter than many other cars, once you hit 70mph you will hear road noises, this is masked by having an amazing sound system (better than most cars). The drive is generally soft and smooth, and the first time you drive it it’s a good amount of fun; but after the 14th-1000th drive it feels artificial. Electric steering has no feeling, acceleration is all or nothing with a touchy throttle, the car handles well but only because of torque vectoring (safety feature where some of the will wheels brake indpendently as determined by computer), and the engine has a very annoying grinding sound especially at high revs. Braking; however, is very smooth and much better than any previous ford I’ve been in. There’s a very unrefined jerk the car gives when you shift into drive, or when you take your foot off the gas. Interior is good, it’s very attractive with customizable lights and attractive gauges but again like a Ford it gets small details done exceptionally well but massively drops the ball on large quality details. Steering wheel feels cheaper than what you’d expect on a nissan, there are gaps underneath the cover with the lincoln badge big enough for a finger. The plastic bits on major areas you make contact with everyday feel poorly held together, and the key is just chrome covered plastic. Alright all that out of the way, why do I say car is 4/5 stars over all? It’s more reliable than similar cars and a better value. Although I personally dislike it and notice all the small issues (and left several out) the cars only major flaws are a lack of refinement. If you’re looking for a crossover suv that looks really nice and is loaded with features that drive the car for you, you’re in luck. While driving you won’t even notice the lack of refinement if you haven’t driven a hundred other cars. Most of it is superficial, and the sound system is so good you might just not care anyway. All in all the low information gauges (which I haven’t previously mentioned) are much more annoying than the cost cutting feel of the car. Because of this 3 or 4 out of 5 stars is the most accurate way to describe the car.

Gammy's MKC
By Cindy Brandt

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only had the MKC for 3 months. I love the the dark brown interior, especially for transporting 3 dogs periodically and a grandchild. It takes time to get used to the foot tailgate opening. When choosing to call someone on the screen if you don't prop your hand at the bottom you will accidentally hit the parking assist button.

Overall a nice car..
By Katrina

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's a fun ride with all the bells and whistles that you would expect when buying a luxury car. The heated steering wheel is probably my favorite feature. The blind spot sensors are nice as well. Great acceleration and a quiet engine.. sleek interior and exterior. It's a beautiful car. I've only owned my MKC for a month and the major con thus far is the gas milage. I'm averaging 20mph and seem to be running the to gas station more frequently than I would have expected. The trunk space is a little tight as well. My 20 lb dog's crate hardly fit in the trunk and left little room for anything else. I guess this is to be expected for a smaller SUV.. the MKX would be a little more spacious.

Better than the Q5
By Bill'nJohn

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was shopping for a used late model Audi Q5 but didnt want the black leather interior, which eliminates about 80% of the Q5s on the road. We went to five different Audi dealers when we found used models with low miles and light colored interiors, and all five times we found out someone beat us to the purchase. Meanwhile, we had driven the MKC and really liked it, but had our hearts set on the Audi. After the 5th time of getting the door slammed in our face, we circled back to the MKC and bought it, it was a dealer demo model with the Reserve trim and all the bells and whistles. I'm so glad we bought the MKC. Performance wise, its very similar to the Q5, but it costs less and has more features. I particularly like the way the SYNC3 system works so flawlessly. I also like some of the "little touches" Lincoln added such as the illuminated welcome mat at night, the speedometer showing a small icon with the posted speed limit on it, and the multiple ports for device connectivity (which the Audi didn't offer). The MKC looks great inside and out, is quiet and smooth behind the wheel, and our limited dealership experiences have been terrific. Do yourself a favor and test drive this car before you buy an SUV from Audi, Acura, Volvo or BMW.

Sporty ride
By L M

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a nice gem and beautiful. Very high-end ride. Lincoln has redefined it's brand in a positive direction.