Used 2015 Lincoln MKC Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lincoln MKC Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKC model:

Lincoln's MKC mediocrity masked in mediocrity
By Mac JT

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased this car for 3 years and on looking back I feel its money wasted. Lincoln's so called premium product is very ordinary. The doors were misaligned by almost 5" , windows didnt close properly and the door handle was not properly secured to the door. There were loose screws everywhere and 1 week after taking it home the rattle was unbearable. Then came the gear shifter, they changed the sequence for safety reasons for which I had to take it back to the dealership. The mechanic didnt know how to change it as he wasnt trained, so i had to wait 2 weeks before i got the car back. Once back the a/c stopped working and it took another 2 weeks to get that fixed. In my 3 years of driving this car there were 5 recalls, none of which the dealer informed me about. Everytime I asked they said there werent any parts or the recall wasnt serious enough. Final straw against EVER buying another Lincoln was the transmission, after year #2 it would jerk, stop and go and painfully you could feel the teeth meshing and shifting into gear. I informed the dealer of this and they quickly brushed it aside. The leather was plush, the instrumentation top class but the rear seat was a torture to get in and get out of. I wont buy another Lincoln ever again. For the same price you can get a Lexus or Acura, there is no way the MKC even comes close to competing with top class luxury.

Lovin my Lincoln
By Christine

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been a Jeep Grand Cherokee girl for years but every time I went to look at a new one my mechanical engineer nephew discourage me due to it's transmission issues. He sent me to look at the MKC. After a five minute test drive I bought it. I live in West Virginia in a rural area on a mountain top. It handles the twist and turns and ruff roads with ease. It has never left me stuck on the snow or ice. It climbed up the mountain during a winter storm without slipping once. It's beautiful to look at (much better than the boring Honda CRV) and fun to drive. When traveling I can take it out of Sport mode (I use this on the twisty back roads I drive daily) and place it in Comfort mode. I have two small issues with it; cargo area and SYNC. It has half the storage area of my old Grand Cherokee and I have the first edition of the SYNC and it has a couple of bugs that have been worked out in the second edition. All in all I love it. It's beautiful to look, comfortable for my 5'9 middle aged body, and easy and fun to drive.

Good car but VERY ford!
By Ben

2015 Lincoln MKC Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My family has a lot of cars; this one is perfect for my Mom. While technology, safety, and ease of use is exceptional this car lacks refinement. While quieter than many other cars, once you hit 70mph you will hear road noises, this is masked by having an amazing sound system (better than most cars). The drive is generally soft and smooth, and the first time you drive it it’s a good amount of fun; but after the 14th-1000th drive it feels artificial. Electric steering has no feeling, acceleration is all or nothing with a touchy throttle, the car handles well but only because of torque vectoring (safety feature where some of the will wheels brake indpendently as determined by computer), and the engine has a very annoying grinding sound especially at high revs. Braking; however, is very smooth and much better than any previous ford I’ve been in. There’s a very unrefined jerk the car gives when you shift into drive, or when you take your foot off the gas. Interior is good, it’s very attractive with customizable lights and attractive gauges but again like a Ford it gets small details done exceptionally well but massively drops the ball on large quality details. Steering wheel feels cheaper than what you’d expect on a nissan, there are gaps underneath the cover with the lincoln badge big enough for a finger. The plastic bits on major areas you make contact with everyday feel poorly held together, and the key is just chrome covered plastic. Alright all that out of the way, why do I say car is 4/5 stars over all? It’s more reliable than similar cars and a better value. Although I personally dislike it and notice all the small issues (and left several out) the cars only major flaws are a lack of refinement. If you’re looking for a crossover suv that looks really nice and is loaded with features that drive the car for you, you’re in luck. While driving you won’t even notice the lack of refinement if you haven’t driven a hundred other cars. Most of it is superficial, and the sound system is so good you might just not care anyway. All in all the low information gauges (which I haven’t previously mentioned) are much more annoying than the cost cutting feel of the car. Because of this 3 or 4 out of 5 stars is the most accurate way to describe the car.

Gammy's MKC
By Cindy Brandt

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only had the MKC for 3 months. I love the the dark brown interior, especially for transporting 3 dogs periodically and a grandchild. It takes time to get used to the foot tailgate opening. When choosing to call someone on the screen if you don't prop your hand at the bottom you will accidentally hit the parking assist button.

Overall a nice car..
By Katrina

2015 Lincoln MKC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's a fun ride with all the bells and whistles that you would expect when buying a luxury car. The heated steering wheel is probably my favorite feature. The blind spot sensors are nice as well. Great acceleration and a quiet engine.. sleek interior and exterior. It's a beautiful car. I've only owned my MKC for a month and the major con thus far is the gas milage. I'm averaging 20mph and seem to be running the to gas station more frequently than I would have expected. The trunk space is a little tight as well. My 20 lb dog's crate hardly fit in the trunk and left little room for anything else. I guess this is to be expected for a smaller SUV.. the MKX would be a little more spacious.