Used 2001 Lincoln Continental Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lincoln Continental Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

Great ride
By cjhamme

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission worked great till one day just completely went out 1900.00 to repair. 145,000 miles

Lincoln Continental, Dream Car
By Elijah Deion

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm 15 and I love this vehicle. My great grandparents own one and they bought it brand new. No accidents and only 35,000 miles on it! They hardly drive it and they are considering selling it to me. It is standard 4.6 L V8 engine, holds 20 Gal, 17-25 mpg, 275 horsepower, heated and power adjusted seats, 6 disc CD changer in center console, and more! It is literally my dream car. For being a 2001 it is very advanced and I can not wait to make it mine! Great car for great people.

Best Car I Have Ever Driven
By gittingjr

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I currently drive a 2001 Lincoln Continental, and I plan to own the car until it dies. It is such a reliable vehicle that also has a great level of performance. Despite the fact that it is a Lincoln, I compare it to a Cadillac because the Cadillacs were always known for their performance while Lincolns were known mostly for their comfort level. This is a great vehicle for people of all ages, but unlike its counterpart Town Car, the Continental appeals a lot more to a younger man like me due to its torque and smaller size. Discontinuing this model was one of the worst mistakes Ford ever made. The car got better as the years went on. Imagine what a 2010 Lincoln Continental would look like.

Nice, large mid-size frame with great handling. Extremely comfortable on the inside with a nice sound system. Enhanced torque with the In-Tech 4.6L V8 engine. Very fuel efficient for a V8, particularly on the highway.

None, because the car has been discontinued. My improvement: RECONTINUE THE CAR!!!

Beautiful Car
By jack

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I totally love this car inside and out. I look around and this black and chrome machine is better looking than most new cars. I bought it used and it apparently had a significant accident front end so as the car got older. Some annoying things started to wrong. At 125k miles keyless entry stopped working, cruise control, and some interior lights. Then engine light came on. 2 misfiring cylinders. Now I have a periodic check transmission. Despite all this I attribute some of the problems to the accident before I owned it. And am seriously considering re investing to bring car back to 100%. The car is a great ride.

Black and chrome exterior, leather and wood grain interior, quite and good looking machine. Powerful even with misfires that I'm getting

Best used ar value by far!
By Lincoln

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2001 Lincoln Conti and love it. My previous vehicles have been Lexus ES-300, Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Concord, Infinity I30 & Honda Accord. I have to say the feature list is extensive. More then in any of the other cars.

Looks very classy, very reliable, handles extremely well, tons of interior bells and whistles, comfortable seats fantastic sounding stereo, lots of interior lights, smooth trans fit and finish is excellent, lots of controls on the steering wheel, smooth ride without affecting cornering, wood trim,

Adjustable pedals. Slanted center console.