Used 2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Aviator for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Who don't love my Aviator

justoma, 06/07/2013

I love love love my Aviator! It's the 2005, when I bought it in 2005 I knew the gas mileage was crap, but found the truck solid and full of power. I had the Grand Cherokee which was great too but the Aviator smoked it as far as performance. I have 75,000 miles on it. I do my oil changes every 3-4000 miles. I put tires on it in 2009 and I just put them on again..I never had them rotated and I failed on checking the pressure so they didn't get the wear they should of. I just got new ball joints as they were shot. That is all I've had to put it in it. It's never been to the shop for anything but oil changes and the ball joint issue. Rear door panal cracked too.

Great All Around SUV

Chuck, 03/15/2010

We could not be happier with our Aviator. We are the original owners and have had little trouble since our purchase. I wanted a luxury AWD SUV to last us 8-10 years. Well we are half way there and still love it. The fuel mileage is pitiful but we were aware of that at time of purchase. That's what you get when you put a Mustang engine in a heavy SUV. Duh? The AWD and Traction Control are excellent. I feel that my wife is safe in a heavy, well built American SUV. The comfort and ride is totally "Lincoln." The THX sound system is fantastic too. I just put new tires and brakes on. Also updated the Navigation DVD and purchased the extended warranty through Ford. We're keeping it!

Awesome SUV! I love this car!

jd1017, 04/26/2007

I've read a lot of the comments concerning the 2003 AWD Aviator and feel very fortunate. I haven't experienced anything but pleasure from this SUV, the power and comfort is second to none. I'm in sales and stop start this car ten plus times a day, no troubles. The rear hatch surrounding the glass did split, fiberglass fracture is what the dealship referred to it as. They replaced it, out of warranty, free of charge. So far with over 50,000 miles on the vehicle I really can't complain about anything! I still think this is the best bang for the buck!

Last Car

Ricverde, 12/15/2004

I'm getting on in years so this will probably be my last car purchased. I absolutely love the vehicle! The ride is smooth, visibility great, and handling precise. The gas mileage isn't too hot, but I knew it wouldn't be before I bought the Aviator. The black beauty has drawn admiring looks and positive comments from passers-by in parking lots, which sure helps me feel good about spending the money for a vehicle I probably really didn't need.

It Could be Better

Dave, 10/28/2005

I've put 14,000 miles on my Aviator and it has run well except for a few problems. The steering shudders badly while making left turns at low speeds on level ground. Dealer says pretty much "they'll do that". Says its caused by power steering sucking air while turning on incline. Been to the shop twice and it improved the first time for a month, then came back. DVD player ate DVD within first 3 months. Parts had to be back ordered. They never have a Lincoln for you to use when your is in the shop. I did get 19.5 mpg on a 1300 mile trip averaging 75 MPH.

One of the Best

Geroge G, 10/29/2004

Great to Drive. Powerful, responsive.

LUV this SUV!

April, 11/15/2005

I own the 2003 Aviator, and am quite satisfied with it. The one drawback, as anyone may guess, is the fuel economy. This vehicle is fun to drive, is very comfortable, and attracts a lot of attention as the "baby Navigator". Dealer service is great, as the 2003 model came with an excellent warranty package. One of my favorite features of this vehicle is the steering wheel- mounted controls for the audio system, A/C, etc. I also like the second-row captain's chairs with the roomy console. The Aviator has a generous cargo capacity with the third-row seats folded flat into the floor. The V8 engine is very powerful, which a former 4-cylinder driver like myself has to ge accustomed to.

This is luxury???

Mandi Rinard, 01/28/2006

This car has been a lot of trouble. Every time I start to like it again something else breaks. We have had problems with the windows rolling down half the time they don't work; neither does the radio or the keyless entry. We have had the gear shift replaced. The car is very noisy on the road. Seatbelt housing makes a lot of noise and back window squeaks all the time!!! The blower fan on the AC had to be replaced and the heated and AC seats quit working. The panel on the rear window cracked too. For the most part I would like to run this car into a wall most of the time.

Absolutely wonderful!

Scott, 09/26/2008

I have only had the car for a few days now, but I am sorry that I didn't purchase it sooner. I already had an SUV and wanted to get something newer with less mileage. I can honestly say that I think I made the perfect choice. It is extremely comfortable, the V8 has more power than a lot of sports cars and SUVs, and to beat all, you can't beat the value!!! I echo the sentiments of another reviewer - it should have never been taken off the market. My suggestion: if you are looking for an SUV for comfort, reliability, and ultimate luxury, look no further than the Lincoln Aviator!

Nice vehicle

VJM, 07/23/2010

I replaced my Lexus with an Aviator 3 years ago. It only had 10K miles on it. Besides general mte. have replaced rear brakes and tires. Rear window panel cracked 2 yrs ago and was replaced under warranty. Has now cracked again (not under warranty). Dealership told me that Lincoln was aware of this problem but was not helping with replacement anymore. Was told yesterday (at 56K miles) that water pump was leaking. My husband likes this vehicle better than I do. But I drive it 95% of this time. I consistently get 17 mpg on a combo of city/highway driving. When my husband drives it the mpg goes down because he has a lead foot and loves "floor it" after a stop.

12345...9