Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Reviews

Used RX 450h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Lives up to high expectations

Dave, 10/30/2010
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With 5,000 miles on the car now, I'm averaging about 28mpg. The lowest tank average occurred driving through the mountains on vacation with a loaded car at about 25 mpg and I have gotten around 30mpg on normal driving around town. I had very high expectations for this car when I chose to buy it and it has really beaten my expectations with pure comfort, exceptional ride quality and enough technical gadgetry to keep me occupied on long drives. It certainly is not a sports car, but for it's size, the handling is very good and the engine and CVT transmission is a perfect match. I also live in a very dark area and the adaptive headlights are bright and extremely helpful at night.

Reprieve for AWD

NoDuplicates, 11/05/2009
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wrote the "Great Car but Performance Lacking" review on 10/3/09. This is an update based on new info. In the prior review the RX350 and RX450h were both FWD. I went back and "put-the-pedal-to- the-metal" on the AWD versions of both cars. Only when "Eco-Mode" was turned off (RX450h only), RX450h acceleration from standstill was nearly as good as the RX350 - a significant improvement. The RX450h engine does roar at first as it seems to lag in realizing you want to lead-foot it. On the highway, there is no difference. With Eco-mode on, you cannot get away with such rude behavior. This mode was probably on in my first review. Also, realize that with Eco-mode off, mpg will be less.

Disappointed mpg

gored, 12/28/2009
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very disappointed in our fuel economy. After 8500 miles we average 25.5 mpg. Suburban/rural Ohio mom running a 5 teen family. No special driving of any sort. Quite a bit different from the 29 combined mpg we were represented with. Not worth it.

very snow worthy

Carla Berman, 02/10/2010
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle in the cash for clunkers program to replace a 5.9 L Jeep Grand Cherokee that was my vehicle to get to work in deep snow. Recently the Northeast got 24" followed by 20". I live in a rural area and was very pleased by the vehicles ability to easily navigate under adverse conditions. Of course in good weather it is a dream vehicle.

Rx 450

Al, 08/07/2009
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the 450h awd w, nav, 19 rims and a few packages. Great decision. We drove it 2000 miles to Canada last week and got 31.5 mpg cruising with a full car of kids and gear. We have no complaints. Smooth and not able to tell when the motor transitions. Tested all gas and hybrid suvs and only one other came close: the highlander. This has more power, better mileage, and cvt. We like the style, comfort and handling. 3000 miles so far and no trouble.

12345...9