Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Reviews

Used RX 450h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Superb car for the past 6 years

chaise, 12/27/2018
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased in 2012 on an early lease turn-in.Overall,it has been an excellent vehicle for the past 60k miles. Handling, low noise/vibration, and very stout safety features are its hallmarks. A few small issues: acceleration could be snappier(tho I cannot quibble with the 31net mpg tradeoff) from this AWD premium pkg. model; radio comes on "spontaneously"sometimes on a bumpy road; nav system database was outdated from the time of purchase & despite paying dealer $400 for an upgrade, it still cannot find common locations ; cumbersome mouse/menu; ergonomically poor design of center console. Memphis area dealers charge alot for routine stuff like a $400 oil change.Starter battery was replaced this year(~$200). I am hoping that future resale will reflect the quality & excellent reliability. *Make sure you avoid buying any Lexus product with unrepaired Takata shrapnel in its airbags!

Love this car!

miss_mija, 06/02/2015
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall great car. We were looking for a luxury family car with a quiet cabin and this vehicle suits our needs. The ride in this car if very comfortable and the cabin is quiet. It's a smaller SUV which suits me and my family fine. I only have one small child and found it easier and more practical to install the car seat behind the passenger side. Putting a car seat in the middle limits the space for another passenger. Also love that the vehicle if relatively low maintenance.

Lexus RX 450 H

fyr1, 12/28/2013
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Without a doubt the finest car I have ever owned. After 80,000 miles the car has only had oil changes tires and brakes 3000 miles ago. Car has averaged 25.5 mpg to date. Less than what is stated but not uncommon. I live in a very hilly area. The cost of the hybrid over the RX 350 has been met and I am now reaping the reward of buying this car rather than the non hybrid model which gets 30 % less mpg. I am kind of bummed at the residual value which is less than half of what the car cost. this car will cruise to 250,000 miles easy with the proper maintenance. While this is a great car I would like to see it a diesel RX suv

Just an owner for over a month, but what a car!

Dorkyman, 11/28/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a 2010 RX450h from the Portland, Oregon Lexus dealer a month ago. We've taken it on several 4-hour trips and I've driven it every day on suburban roads with some freeway. Overall about 26mpg regular or premium, so we'll stick to regular gas in the future. I've noticed that I can nurse the mpg up to perhaps 28mpg by babying my acceleration and braking, but I prefer to drive in my normal fashion; anyway, gas is cheap and saving gas money wasn't the motivator. Pros: beautiful and luxurious. Surprisingly economical. Like a gorgeous woman who still loves tacos and beer. Minuses: Has middle-grade stereo, boomy bass at about 100Hz, (I'm an audio engineer, this really bugs me but what the heck), unknown future battery replacement cost (but other Prius hybrids have lasted for 200k+ miles, plus it's a Toyota/Lexus). UPDATE December 2016: Now that it's cold outside, it takes ~10 minutes before the engine's toasty warm, and meanwhile the fuel economy is lousy. So if my trips are just 10 minutes every time, I get more like 22mpg. I would assume the EPA tests are done with a fully-warmed-up engine, which is why there is such a large discrepancy.

It's everything you want in a luxury car

new450, 08/12/2009
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car has everything I was looking for -- the SUV seating, the car like ride, the Lexus luxury, the MPG, and a high tech toy. This is my first hybrid and the transition is indictable. Other than watching the screen, you can not tell when you are using gas or electric. It's amazing. This is a very high tech vehicle and you need to be prepared to study the manuals. It's hard to appreciate touching the car door and it opens, then having the seats conform to your driver position, and then touching the start button only to hear the silent sound of the A/C working. Oh yes, and your phone was also connected in the process. This is an amazing vehicle!

12345...9