Skip to main content

Used RX 400h for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
4.38 out of 5 stars

400h not suitable for winter with ice

Laurence and Theresa, 11/26/2010
2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 400h was the first hybrid we owned and we paid a premium at the time. We would not buy a hybrid again. We live in Canada and travel every weekend to snowy conditions. The hybrid is underpowered on the rear axle since it is powered by an electric motor. In situations where the front wheels have low traction and the rear has to take the load it does not perform. We have several friends in British Columbia who Twill not take this vehicle up a driveways if there is snow and ice. Bottom line this is not a 4 wheel. It is an all wheel with insufficient torque in the rear drive train for winter conditions due to a lack of power design in the rear electric drive train. T

4.75 out of 5 stars

I would buy it again.

Alex Azev, 10/14/2006
2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great SUV, best ride ever. Could have more room between the front seats. Good gas mileage, not as expected but good enough. I've been driving it since February/06 and can't get over how quiet it is. I'm never tired of driving this car.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Exceeds expectations - great mileage, reliability, luxury

alyssaszoo, 06/28/2014
2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our first hybrid and first SUV; had it 7 years (+105k miles), in both city and rural areas (dirt roads). Our 400h performs consistently well, even in blizzards and icy/snowy conditions in hilly New England winters. Super comfortable - I'm 5'5" (and been pregnant twice with this car), hubby is 6' - we both love it. Low maintenance - our only major expenses (besides one new set of tires) have been replacing the battery and brakes. Note to new parents: larger, rear-facing car seats fit best on the passenger side to give taller drivers enough legroom (I fit; hubby doesn't). By far the best SUV I've ever driven - and the hybrid/gas mileage factor is the icing on the cake!

5 out of 5 stars

The best - from a former German car snob

reeveswilson, 02/27/2010
2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm writing this review after leasing this car for 3 years and 54,000 miles. Until I leased the Rx400h - I had always owned German performance cars. However - this car was a "game changer". I loved the car - the mileage was great - 28+mpg, the maintenance was almost nothing (5k oil changes, on "big" service at 30k) and my original tires lasted the entire lease term. The car taught me how to drive to get great mileage. All of the technology worked beautifully. It was great having bluetooth that actually worked with my blackberry. Service open almost 24/7. We liked the car so much we bought it off lease and gave it to our 26 year old son as we bought the new RX 450h

5 out of 5 stars

Clost to perfect car

stevemiller4lv, 11/13/2014
2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2007 RX 400h has 76,000 trouble free miles. Two aux. batteries, two sets of tires, one factory recall handled in an hour by dealer. Otherwise, no problems. I change the oil every 10,000 miles, get an avg. of 25 MPG on regular. I plan to keep this vehicle until a plug in version with lithium battery is offered.

12345...8