Used 2007 Lexus RX 400h SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus RX 400h SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Love this Lexus!
By A Bernier

2007 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's wonderfully engineered, thanks to its Toyota heritage, and extremely comfortable.

Great Car with even greater maintenance cost
By Louis Brown

2007 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got my 2007 Lexus RX400h in 2009 used and the car is definitely a great car. Very comfortable to drive and it is a car that makes you feel at home. However, the car is an SUV and most SUV's don't drive that well. If you are looking for a slower paced SUV for the family or just a causal ride than this is for you. The acceleration is practically non-existent. However, it is a hybrid so one shouldn't expect sports car performance but don't expect any at all. The car is slow. Period. Even though I liked the car a lot, one problem I had with is was the maintenance and repair costs. I am sure that it is because it is a Lexus which causes the prices to be so high. Even worse, the car is a hybrid and if you try to take it to most places for maintenance or repairs they will tell you that they do not work on Hybrids. That leaves you with only the dealership for servicing options and we know how much they charge over there. All in all this is a good car but as I have gotten older I have learned my lesson that cars really are a waste of money.

Worth the extra cost over time!
By Don Benton

2007 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This has been an exceptional vehicle in all respects! The local dealership has been excellent since purchase. All service has been completed in a timely fashion
and with great care for our time and convenience.

Clost to perfect car
By stevemiller4lv

2007 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2007 RX 400h has 76,000 trouble free miles. Two aux. batteries, two sets of tires, one factory recall handled in an hour by dealer. Otherwise, no problems. I change the oil every 10,000 miles, get an avg. of 25 MPG on regular. I plan to keep this vehicle until a plug in version with lithium battery is offered.

Offer an after market plug in lithium battery conversion with range of 35 - 50 miles on electric power only.

Exceeds expectations - great mileage, reliability, luxury
By alyssaszoo

2007 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our first hybrid and first SUV; had it 7 years (+105k miles), in both city and rural areas (dirt roads). Our 400h performs consistently well, even in blizzards and icy/snowy conditions in hilly New England winters. Super comfortable - I'm 5'5" (and been pregnant twice with this car), hubby is 6' - we both love it. Low maintenance - our only major expenses (besides one new set of tires) have been replacing the battery and brakes. Note to new parents: larger, rear-facing car seats fit best on the passenger side to give taller drivers enough legroom (I fit; hubby doesn't). By far the best SUV I've ever driven - and the hybrid/gas mileage factor is the icing on the cake!

Our 400h averages 27-28mpg on hilly country roads, w/some highways. Comfy, quiet, smooth, luxurious ride. No road noise; plenty of power to get up steep hills and/or accelerate into highway traffic easily (far better than our Prius). Love the heated leather seats, nav system, 6-disc CD player, hands-free bluetooth and moonroof. Cargo space fits two 70-80lb dogs with ease and 40-20-20 seat split provides great flexibility; auto-liftgate in back helpful when juggling kids and bags. Second row fits larger car seats for infants/toddlers (e.g., Chicco Key Fit 30, Britax Advocate 70 CS Convertible/rear-facing) without sacrificing leg room for front passengers (but too crowded for driver's side).

Slightly more cargo space and a slightly wider second row (or the option of a third row) would be great, to fit more than two car seats - or more dogs.