Used 2007 Lexus RX 400h SUV Consumer Reviews

Used RX 400h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

400h not suitable for winter with ice

Laurence and Theresa, 11/26/2010

The 400h was the first hybrid we owned and we paid a premium at the time. We would not buy a hybrid again. We live in Canada and travel every weekend to snowy conditions. The hybrid is underpowered on the rear axle since it is powered by an electric motor. In situations where the front wheels have low traction and the rear has to take the load it does not perform. We have several friends in British Columbia who Twill not take this vehicle up a driveways if there is snow and ice. Bottom line this is not a 4 wheel. It is an all wheel with insufficient torque in the rear drive train for winter conditions due to a lack of power design in the rear electric drive train. T

I would buy it again.

Alex Azev, 10/14/2006

Great SUV, best ride ever. Could have more room between the front seats. Good gas mileage, not as expected but good enough. I've been driving it since February/06 and can't get over how quiet it is. I'm never tired of driving this car.

Exceeds expectations - great mileage, reliability, luxury

alyssaszoo, 06/28/2014

Our first hybrid and first SUV; had it 7 years (+105k miles), in both city and rural areas (dirt roads). Our 400h performs consistently well, even in blizzards and icy/snowy conditions in hilly New England winters. Super comfortable - I'm 5'5" (and been pregnant twice with this car), hubby is 6' - we both love it. Low maintenance - our only major expenses (besides one new set of tires) have been replacing the battery and brakes. Note to new parents: larger, rear-facing car seats fit best on the passenger side to give taller drivers enough legroom (I fit; hubby doesn't). By far the best SUV I've ever driven - and the hybrid/gas mileage factor is the icing on the cake!

The Ride Hooked Me

JRS, 01/03/2007

Never bought a car for the ride but one Lexus test drive had me hooked. Originally came from the Volvo for Life Family but Volvo sold me a 2003 XC90 with too many problems. I want quality, safety, service, and piece of mind. Instantly fell in love with Lexus’ hybrid ride. Could not tell SUV was on. Talk about get up & go. This baby has power. I keep the cruse control on because I am worried about speeding. It is like floating on a cloud, don’t realize how fast you’re going. Was hoping for better gas mileage. Getting anywhere from 26 to 27 mpg (drive both highway and city). Better than what I was getting before so I’m still pleased. Manual says it gets better after 5000 miles. Will see.

Great ride in 07 RX 400h - dead battery

07RX400h, 09/13/2006

I just picked up my 07 RX 400h on 9/11. I'm still trying to get used to no engine starting when I turn the key. Very quiet and smooth ride. Fuel economy is avg. around 24-25 mpg over the first 100 miles (about 50/50 hwy/city) -- I have a little bit of a foot, but have been going pretty gentle on the pedal. I have made a couple of individual 5-10 mile trips in city with up to 32 mpg. I'm happy with 25 mpg compared to my Lin. Nav at 10 mpg. Had an issue this morning with a dead ICE battery. Lexus sent out AAA who didn't know squat about hybrids, so I ended up reading the owners manual to the tow truck driver. A quick jump start and everything was fine -- I hope.

12345...7