Used 2007 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews

Used RX 350 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

297 K miles and still going

Mark McDonough, 07/14/2015
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third car that I owned that I have put on over 250 k miles. This is by far the most reliable, it has never broke down. Only repairs are normal wear and tear such as tires, brakes, rear bearings and plugs/ignition coils.

One of the best cars I have ever owned!

La La, 06/15/2016
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a smooth drive and very reliable. I am a very short person and the adjustable seats are very comfortable and allows me to feel in complete control of the car while driving. I bought this car pre-owned and at 100,000 miles the engine still runs and looks as if brand new. The design is sleek and smooth and I feel very safe behind the wheel of this RX 350.

Just a beautiful automobile.

MrChiSox, 12/22/2017
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

About 15 years ago I worked for a contracting company that was building the new service department at a local Lexus dealership in my area and I fell in love with the RX 330. I can't afford to buy a brand new car so I spent a year searching for a used RX 350 that had fully maintenance history documented and found mine with service done every 5,000 at the same dealership. I've owned mine now for just under one year and find that it's superb in every aspect; interior is luxurious and features enough electronic gadgetry to satisfy, it's really comfortable to drive, gas mileage is decent and it has plenty of get up and go for a guy of my age who is not interested in trying to set land speed records. It's attractive styling is what made me fall in love with it and mine came with a brand new set of Michelin tires on it which give it a very smooth, comfortable, quiet ride. I've heard from many RX owners over the years that I can expect reliability in abundance well into the 200,000+ mile range if it's well taken care of and I do my best to pamper mine. This is my dream automobile and I am very much pleased with my purchase. Now that I have owned my Lexus for 16 months my review and feelings about it haven't changed at all. I haven't had a single issue with it. I realize that the technology is a bit older now than current models and that current models are certainly more refined and luxurious but the newer models cost more than I can afford. The backup camera in my car is likely a good example. I'm sure that they have improved. I find it a bit difficult to see when backing into the sun or when it's raining. Still, this Lexus features more gadgets, features, technology and other comforts than anything I have ever owned. I have upgraded my sound system on a modest scale by swapping out all of the factory speakers but left the factory head unit in order to keep it looking stock and it sounds terrific. I still love my ride.

Less REX for the Money

TOMCAT, 11/17/2006

When I decided to upgrade my 'flawless' 1998 Toyota 4-Runner, the RX 350 was a 'no-brainer'. A lot more luxurious, more class and good looks coupled with Toyota's solid reputation made the decision easy. Overall I like it. Ride, fuel-mileage, luxury are right up there. However, the Nav System that is 'voice-activated' comes up short. What really hurts however is that the 'RX' series doesn't include recognition of any 'Climate Commands'. All of the other Lexus models do. I called Lexus/USA about this. A 10 second download would fix the problem. Their answer - 'Sorry - No Deal'. It makes you feel that you have less of a Lexus than the other models. Why??

2007 Lexus RX350

henry121999, 03/06/2014

I recently picked up a 2007 RX350 I purchased from Carmax. The SUV has 68k mikes and looked to be in good shape. Since you only have 30 days with Carmax to request repairs (I opted out of their exctended warranty), I took it to my local auto mechanic for a "once over". The mechanic found that the rack and pinion as well as the rear struts were leaking. I drove about an hour an a half back to Carmax in PA for what I thought would be a battle over the repairs. Much to my surprise, the confirmed the leaks and said they would order the parts and replace them. No problem. Hopefully that all works out.

bought used in Nov2010

jekcartalk, 12/01/2011

Wanted to drive the suv for a year before stating my opinion. Traded in a 03MDX (transmission torque converter issue @ 96K miles), and opted for a used 07LexusRX vs new Subaru Outback - $9k cheaper. Overall I am pleased with my purchase, as the car was a premium package w/Nav etc. I agree the Nav is a pain to use because of its limited ability to change while on the move (other than voice commands, which is even more frustrating and distraction when it doesn't recognize what you are saying) than being able to input by touch. Only isuue so far... rear wheel bearing hub which was replaced under warranty (70k Miles for drivetrain) which the dealer promptly notified me. So far so good!

My Favorite Lexus

antann55, 09/05/2006

I have owned my RX 350 for almost one month and just returned from a 1600 mile trip with my wife. We love the smooth and quiet riding and audio sound from the 6 disc mp3 cd changer. The voice command navigation is a plus and very helpful. Gas mileage is slightly below 24 mile/gallon on highway. Passing power is weak for a 270 horsepower vehicle but it is OK for me.

Above the rest

Speedsk8r, 11/15/2006

I owned a 2001 RX 300 and really enjoyed it. Passengers expressed how much they liked the interior and ride comfort. I upgraded to the 2007 RX 350 and it is a BIG improvement over the '01. No other SUV in this class can come close to the Lexus in driving dynamics and overall luxury and comfort. I can't wait for the ALL NEW 2009 RX!!

Needs new stereo, otherwise fantastic..

cpa3, 01/23/2007

This is our fourth Lexus and second RX. Great ride and you sit nice and high. Very luxurious.

Nice vehicle, but overpriced for size.

streetstalker, 12/21/2006

After selling our 01 RX 300, we leased an 07 RX 350 awd. Nice, classy looks with good comfort. Handling is improved with less body roll. Cabin is quiet, controls are easy to reach. Acceleration is very good and smooth. Like the 18" alloys, but low profile tires give up a little ride quality. Gas mileage has been poor. Averaged 20-23 with 3.0 and only getting 18-19 with 3.3. With few dealers, prices aren't as negotiable. Nice vehicle, but overpriced imo by 4-$6000.

12345...11