2017 Lexus NX 200t SUV Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Lexus NX 200t SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NX 200t model:

If I had only known............
By Teresa R.

2017 Lexus NX 200t SUV 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

While the overall vehicle is a good unit, too many items have popped up that are distracting! Two new rattles somewhere in/under the dash have surfaced in the last two thousand miles. (total of ten thousand + logged to date) Like the noisy sun roof at speed (gasket replaced @ 5K) I expect these will be remedied at its next service. The chief complaint keeping me from buying another Lexus of any type is the voice recognition software and navigation system; both of these are so sub Lexus they cannot be rated. The cost of repair is the only thing that keeps the system inside the car instead of bouncing down the highway. I have retrained my voice for the third time but I think its regressing if that was possible. It constantly wants to default to addresses in California even as I live in NC, it should recognize the Southern inflection by now !!!! The service advisor states everyone criticizes these systems; confirming my view does not help the issue..... my Echo has no problem understanding me why should this luxury SUV?

One of my favorite cars ever!
By Linda J Smith

2017 Lexus NX 200t SUV F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had many cars over the years and this one is, by far, the best. The interior leather quality is very nice and the seat setting options, along with lumbar support options, ensure a comfortable ride. Lexus has a good selection of exterior and interior color options. I had chosen Atomic Silver for the exterior and the Black/Red combination for the interior, both of which I have received many compliments.

Relentless Pursuit to Perfection!
By Philip Karam

2017 Lexus NX 200t SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think that Lexus missed their slogan. My NX is approximately 2 1/2 years old with 18,000 miles. The vehicle has been flawless, as far as dependability. However there are major flaws. The AWD system is worthless, it drives one front wheel and one rear wheel. It fails a diagonal test(see u tube).I should have suspected that in the beginning since Lexus does not label the vehicle AWD. So you really cannot differentiate between FWD and AWD unless you look under the vehicle. The fuel tank is too small, you visit the gas station often, if you do a lot of driving, a little over 300 miles to a full tank at 23mpg combined. When the low fuel light comes on, there is may be 3 gallons or more reserve. Too much reserve. The mouse pad is flaky. The tailgate is also temperamental, of which I Have complained with no solution. (problem cannot be duplicated at dealership).A little noisy for a Lexus. A little more power would be a great enhancement. 275+, an enjoyment! I did notice that Lexus has finally packaged all safety equipment in one package. 2016 NX was lacking in that department. Going back to AWD of which is important to me. I can walk into most competitors showrooms an drive out an AWD SUV. I have to special order a Lexus NX with AWD. Why? I really and truly hope that something is done about that, the RDX looks mighty competitive for 2019. My feelings are simple, Lexus Is a top of the line vehicle, it should play that part, otherwise one could settle for a RAV4 at many thousands less. Lexus, my 2004 XC70 passes a diagonal test, shame on you.

Door lock not working just like my other toyotas
By Doug Thompson

2017 Lexus NX 200t SUV F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Lexus and toyota need to fix their door lock issues. My nx200 t drivers door lock works intermittently with remote. Have to climb thru the front seat to unlock drivers door. Another major repair to replace door actuator.

Not a “classic” Lexus
By Mike Arielli

2017 Lexus NX 200t SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I brought my GS F for service and they gave me this as a courtesy car to bounce around in for the day. Since I had a few places to go I ended up putting a good amount of miles on it. My take on this car is that I would MUCH rather be driving my wife’s Highlander Limited. There’s no comparison between the two. Too much cabin noise, the engine has way too much low end lag, and tge transmission seems confused half the time. Performance is non-existent. The interior is decent and the exterior is stylish. Verdict: buy this car if you dont care at all about spirited driving. Buy this car if you want to pull up to the antique flea market in style.