2020 Lexus LS 500 Sedan Consumer Reviews

$75,450

Save as much as $15,684
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Life ain’t a trial run.. go for it

Pursuit of Excellence , 12/29/2019
4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Ok. The touch pad is a little tricky. The rest of it hits the mark..I just traded the Mercedes S class for the LS and granted they are different machines but Luxury is Luxury..Absolutely no buyers remorse and driving the Lexus still makes me feel like a unadulterated spoiled brat...it all works for me..

Dream Drive and Dependibility

Linda J, 01/01/2020
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Have had both BMW and Mercedes and both were mechanically horrible, and certainly not comfortable. These are strictly performance cars living on that reputation. If you are looking for true LUXURY then you need to look elsewhere. My definition of luxury is comfort, soft leather, 28 way adjustable seats, easy entrance and exit, beautiful exterior and interior, and knowing I'll be able to drive this car for years and years without having my 2year old car's air conditioning go out on a summer vacation. Just bought a Lexus LS 500 and love, love, love it. Had an ES 350 for 4 years before that and it was the most carefree, comfortable car we ever owned

Overall best car we have experienced

Jose Ezequiel Gonzalez , 12/04/2020
Inspiration Series 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Purchased the 2020 LS in November 2019 , birthday gift for my wife. We have owned a few Lexus vehicles in the past . Overall she loves the car . I have giving her the option of the 2020 LC or the New 911 2020 , after test driving the three cars she preferred the LS. As a CPA she loves it. I own a 2019 NX an honestly enjoyed it very much a very versatile suv . Lexus historically has been a very dependable automobile company choice for us overall. For the investment and reliability it’s our best choice.

Ad
Build Your LS 500
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 2 Trims
  • $76,000starting MSRP

All time classic

Mac, 11/29/2020
4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

The LS500 is an insane car. The spindle/predator/monster/whatever-you want-to-call-it grille can turn away some shoppers, but call me crazy because I think that grille looks amazing. Even though there’s no giant engine that gives out-of-the world power, the V6 turbo is perfectly liveable. The transmission shifts very fast and the overall driving feel is very stable. The seat comfort is absolutely stellar, once you get used to adjusting them. There’s plenty of room for taller folks, and the luxury features you expect are all there. There’s the ginormous head-up display, panoramic moonroof, million way seats, standard safety systems, and the list goes on. Bottomlining is easy. Personally, I think this is one of the best values in the large luxury sedan segment. This makes it easily one of my favourite cars.

Lexus LS 500 AWD: Mic Drop

KTG, 01/20/2021
Inspiration Series 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

A service visit landed me behind the wheel of this spectacular b****. Lexus-loyal since 2011 after dalliances with BMW, Merc, Porsche, I'm a fan. Cons: 1- She is feisty in-hand, learning as we go. It gets irritating, where you wonder whether this is a quasi-launch of the Lexus' self-driving system. 2- The infotainment is anything but: I worry what data it's harvesting. Have the glass-tracking circuitry and all. 3- INFOTAINMENT (again). It's like chasing a squirrel. The touchpad is a jittery joke, the controls don't save preferences, and I'm tired of the ever-present map. Split-screen, it's there. Vue or not. It goes FULL-SCREEN anytime a major shift occurs. Like freeway exits. Or on-ramps. I HATE THE EVER-PRESENT MAP. PROS: 1- Better pickup than my 2013 GS 350 F-Sport in S+ mode, in pretty much every mode. 2- Identical fuel efficiency to aforementioned Lexus. 3- IT TURNS HEADS. (I did have a fancy ceramic 3M tint applied, to enhance the sexy juxtaposition of Eminent White Pearl on black stitched leather/suede and rare artwood, but still. She's got me (a doll) beat in looks. 3- She offers an inventive, generous menu of drive modes to spice things up. 4- The girl's turbo engine kicks her predecessors' asses in speed, handling, pickup, and across-the-board, as big as she is. 5- That practically razor-thin panoramic glass roof. I really want to say ceiling here: Ultimately, I am no feminist or lesbian. [Or whatever of the 70+ over "straight female" orientations now exist. My Millenial sisters' college educations scare me.] 6- This is a 50/50 depending on your 'tude-at-time: Everyone wants to race. 7- This is 100% all-the-time: The satisfaction of kicking its peers (and other wannabes') asses. She is big, but impressively lithe. 8- She's from the right family. Low drama, low maintenance. Overall: A fine car purchased new with 187 mi ODO, built-to-spec for a local Goliath who happens to own the local Lexus franchises felt it was "too aggressive" in stance (she is now attempting a buyback). Her loss, my gain.