Used 2001 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used LS 430 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Fast Cruiser

Cruiser/Los Angeles, 11/07/2006
4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Been searching for months for 01, with Navigation in pearl white/white. Best car I have ever owned. Super smooth, VERY comfortable, very quick/fast. Better than listed mpg, gets 30 mpg freeway. Navigation very easy/useful. M.L stereo is incredible. I go for a drive now to relax ! Headlights are great. Trunk is huge. Wife and kids love it. Its a perfect 10 !

Great luxury, Expensive parts!

Roger, 10/15/2010
4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used at auction when it had 65K miles. I now have 140K on it and it runs great. It is wonderfully luxurious, has a powerful engine, and very few things go wrong. But when they do, very few if any companies other than Lexus make parts (too few LS430's to make it worthwhile to them), and Lexus takes merciless advantage of their monopoly. Only Lexus sold the two catalytic converters I needed (budget about $1500 installed each), a pipe for the exhaust is $1200 uninstalled (mechanic told me it's $200 for other cars), even an extra key will set you back $200-$300!

2001 Lexus LS 430

Les, 09/18/2006
4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Flawless reliability, after 5 years and 95000 miles not one repair issue. My only visit to the dealer was to have the Nav system re-programmed due to a satellite change (they sent me $50 for my trouble). It is still as solid and tight as the day I bought it, still not a hint of wind noise.

Best Car Ever made

Bill, 11/16/2015
4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2001 used with 52,000 miles. It drives better and feels better then every car I have ever driven. Even though it is 2001, it is still state of the art. Downside, repairs cost a fortune. new front wind shield, $2500. Door Locks, $1200 each. New Computer $1700

Lexus LS430

Lexus Driver, 08/06/2010
4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Third Lexus, 2nd LS430, LS400 parents still driving. Regretted trading in 1st LS430. Have owned 3 Benz, 2 BMW, 1 BMW M Package, 300ZX, RX-7, Porsche 356C, Triumph etc. Current LS430 Ultra Luxury, Acceleration, handling, Wife likes it!, Unbelievable luxury, cooled seats, rear reclining/vibrator seats, rear cooler, radar dynamic cruise collision detection. Can raise height of car to avoid front bumper scrapes. Rides like silent luxurious limousine, then switch to sport mode adaptive air suspension, power mode and takes off, accelerates and corners like a much smaller sports car, grips better than expected, very difficult to reach limit when dynamic stability control engages. 27 MPG HWY.

12345...11