Used 2003 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (46 reviews )

Will Your Lexus GS Outlive You?
By Phillip H. Sorace

2003 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I’m an aging senior and can confidently say my 2003 GS 300 is the best car I ever owned. Bought new it has more than 170,000 miles on the OD and rides like it is barely broken in. Lost a bit in acceleration from dead stop but, she can still get the job done. The ride is amazingly smooth and passenger comfortable. I’ve driven from home in NJ to Maine; to Florida; to the West and back with minimal driver fatigue. The GS handles tight turns, emergency situations and weather very well. Only downside is rear wheel drive in snow requires thoughtful, experienced driving. Overall, my wife and I are conflicted about giving her up. Every time we consider buying a new car the conversation ends with, “Why? Our GS is performing as well as it did when we first brought her home.” She closed.

Goodbye old friend, I'll miss you (sniff)
By Tim

2003 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Luxury sedan sports car is my favorite car ever and in every respect.

Great luxury car!!!
By Alex Akopyan

2003 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great for every day use. Very reliable I have never experienced any problems even after 100k. Suspension is not very sport but creates a comfortable ride. Acceleration is average at 7.5 seconds. If you need more pwr then go with the gs430. Overall excellent car

My first Lexus set the standard for me
By haultj

2003 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife new in late 2002.
We loaded it with every option including the Mark Levison audio and the Navigation.
We also looked at the Audi A6 and the Lincoln LS-E.
The GS300 was hands down the winner.
There was no comparison.
The fit and finish of this car is amazing.
The styling of the exterior was what really made the decision for us.
The interior is so amazingly comfortable and everything just fits well and works well.
The Lexus navigation was so much better than the Audi and Lincoln.
We both love this car and bought a second Lexus when I was ready to replace my SUV.

The Navigation is the best! My wife says that I have a relationship with it because it speaks in a female voice and I sometimes "argue" with "her".

How do you improve perfection? The only recommendation that I could make is it needs a more powerful engine. For the look of this car on the outside it should fly but instead it does not accelerate well from a stand still.

Greatest car ever!
By Jeremy

2003 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want styling, design, reliability, performance and comfort, this is the car for you! The car is super quiet! Sound system is awesome! Couldn't ask for a better car! (BMW & Mercedes can't touch it!)

The ride, power, design!