Used 2008 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (70 reviews )

Perfect car in everyway
By Gene

2008 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

10 years of use and I still love this care. It is like new. the few repairs that have been done were warranty, recall items and were done quickly. I have never owned a care as reliable as this Lexus and will buy another in the future

Inspect before you buy
By James W

2008 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Most Lexus dealers will perform a used car inspection for a very reasonable fee. I knew this car needed some work based on it's low price and I was correct. For example even though the previous owner had done much of the recommended services, he did them at an independent garage which never changed his cabin air filter or his engine air filter. Remarkable how much better the car ran and the blower got air into the cabin after those repairs were made and this was after the blower motor had been replace in late December for about $380; Lexus feels it was over working trying to get air into the cabin to warm and cool the car. The filter only cost $42. I sure will be using only factory trained mechanics for my service needs.

Second Car - Bargain
By James

2008 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Check service records and owner's care of the vehicle.

Fantastic car
By Nicholas Stefek

2008 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I’ve owned this vehicle for a little over 6 months, and it has been phenomenal. Due to a congenital defect in my C-spine, I need a smooth-riding car to avoid agitating my neck. I shopped around and decided on either this vehicle or a 2010 Lincoln MKZ. The interior on this vehicle is MUCH more spacious, and the car itself feels of a higher quality. The interior quality is absolutely flawless—every material is high-quality. The wood and leather feel great, and the details are taken care of, too; the grab handles are wrapped in leather. I came from driving a Mustang, and even in comparison to that car, this vehicle is fast. Transmission shifts are very smooth, and the car simply whisks you up to speed with no drama. Handling is better than I expected, but it’s not a sports car. Ride quality is absolutely key, and the car mostly delivers here. It does a fantastic job of insulating the passengers from harsh road imperfections, but the bumps are still felt. It’s not a “floaty” feel where you can’t even tell you’re on the road—if you want that, get an LS. All in all, the car is a beautiful vehicle. One thing to note for taller drivers; I’m 6’ and I only have about an inch and a half between my head and the headboard.

Es350 input.
By Lutein

2008 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It takes premium fuel or at least middle grade. I think premium is the way to go. Recently on a trip from San Diego to Portland I always got 30+ M.P.G. using 100% premium. It was not unusual to get 32 or 33 + M.P.G.