Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (213 reviews )

1st time user! Why did I wait so long?
By Boyd Higbee

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It might be a little early to make a report on this car, but when I picked it up, I was impressed.... Now I'm even more impressed. My wife & I had been looking for a few weeks for an upgrade to our existing mini-van with 200K plus on it. I kept telling my wife that I wanted a luxury car (with minimum road noise), something like an older Lincoln Town car! She kept saying that the Lincoln was an "old man's car", to which I replied "well I'm an old man"! We test drove a couple cars like a Subaru, Cadillac and a GMC Cross-over! Got tired of looking rather quickly, as they all look and feel the same after a while. Last week, we stopped at a used lot only a few blocks from our house to look at a couple of vehicles out close to the road that caught my wife's attention. I did not like either one and express to the salesman that they were all alike and that I wanted something to get excited about ~ like a 6 to 10 year old luxury car with low mileage..... He said he had one "right over here" that was a one-owner 10yr old with everything on it! He said they were asking more than I indicated I wanted to spend, but I should look anyway. I indicated that my checkbook was variable, in that it varied depending upon the degree of excitement!!! Anyway I drove it, got excited, went to the bank for a cashiers check and purchased a lovely 2007 Lexus ES with many add-ons/upgrades within the hour.... Only had it a week, but find something new I love about it every day. Took a trip Christmas to Portland, OR (usually 3 1/2 hrs) at Christmas on terrible ice-covered roads to see the kids. It took 7 hrs! I was so glad to have this car with all the traction control and safety features.... We got to know the advanced navigation system and a few more goodies during the trip. Continue to enjoy all this car has to offer and we got what we wanted - - - a luxury car with much of the depreciation on someone else!!! Everything works and we are still getting to know it.

Granny from Pasadena
By Happy Owner

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If buying used, Check repair records

BEWARE OF DASHBOARD DETERIORATION
By Gary

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This model has a defective dashboard. It cracks and becomes sticky. Lexus charges a high price for a replacement, plus installation!

Dashboard Awful / Lexus Support Non Existent
By WinstonWillie

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

August 2018 Update. Lexus replaced the dash at no cost to me. Therefore, I am once again happy with the 2007 Lexus ES 350. The car has 150K miles and has had no issues except for the dashboard.

The dashboard is deteriorating. It is sticky and has a bad glare. Lexus extended the warranty through May 2017 but I did not receive the notice. I have been trying to get local Lexus dealership to help. The local dealer told me it is out of their hands and I must deal with Lexus corporate. Corporate has basically given me the run around. They admitted there is a problem with the dashes but said they cannot warranty the defect “forever”. I explained that I did not receive the notification and never imagined it was an existing problem with Lexus & Toyota cars until searching the internet for solutions. I am very disappointed in Lexus corporate’s lack of concern and the local dealer basically saying they cannot help.

07 es
By Craig

2007 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car was totaled in 30 mph head on collision. Driver protected by crunch area and received minor injuries only from shin and steering wheel air bags. Bought RX350 this timefor AWD feature.