2016 Lexus ES 300h Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lexus ES 300h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (11 reviews )

Lexus ES 300H
By Peter Pawlak

2016 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driveing expirience is awsome but navigation SUCKS, That joystic is dark ages poorly design ,and you cant operate most of the van while driving,I wont buy Lexus again.

Great car for the money
By Cliff Leegard

2016 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you are looking for a quiet car with luxury features and good gas mileage this is the car for you. Driven carefully you can get 42 MPG around town. I only have 1100 miles on the car and first trip on the freeway at 75MPH caused the indicated mileage to drop to 36MPG. Complaints: trunk is rather small but adequate, no cubby hole space to store things except in doors. Console should have more storage as well. One glove compartment- which is pretty much filled with the 5-6 volume instruction manuals. However, thanks for the manuals - much better than a CD/DVD that I cannot look at if I have a question when I am on the road. One complaint on the mouse system- it has three ways to select something (2-side buttons or push down on the joystick - it needs one button programmed to go-back instead of me having to select the go-back icon on the screen which is time consuming. It is a fairly long car but will be a good compromise car for trips on the road for comfort and town car for good gas mileage. I bought the Ultra-Lux package, which has the cooled softer leather seats, plus rear and side sun shades plus the Mark Levinson sound which I feel was worth the extra $2-3000.

Hybrid Review
By Walter Ward

2016 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The engine is extremely quite while idling or at slower speeds.

Leg room kinda tight
By nOrakat

2016 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I think one problem that stood out for me was that my left leg hit the door moldings. I like to open my legs a little when I drive and not have them straight in front of me (which if I did may not have been a problem). Another thing I noticed, that others have pointed out is that the braking was not too great. The brakes on my current car are pretty sensitive and responsive, but braking with the same pressure on this car felt like the car was sliding forward and actually alarmed me. It was sort of scary but did not have enough time with the car to see if I would get used to that. The ceiling on the car was sort of low so w me at 5'9" I had only a half an inch above my head; same with the back seats, but the leg room is very good. Three large adults in the back would be very tight. What stood out as exceptional for the car was the suspension. Absorbed the bumps very well, even in the horrible streets of NYC. Another thing that stood out was the engine noise. This car revs very high when accelerating from 0-50/60mph and even with the sound deadening, engine is still loud due to the RPM. The sound system only sounded OK in the Premium version.

Pay Less for More
By Joanne Christopher

2016 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Lexus is riding on its name. For $7,700 less than the Lexus ES 300h, I purchased a Toyota Avalon hybrid Limited. The Avalon has more features, better styling, intuitive technology, a bigger trunk and is just plain fun to drive. The Avalon is built on the Lexus LS frame, while the Lexus ES is built on Toyota's Camry frame. I say this as a former Lexus ES 350 owner; I loved that car! The new ones are no match for my old Lexus or for the Toyota Avalon Limited.