Used 2013 Lexus ES 300h Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used ES 300h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Unique model with some minor shortcomings

jpallen01, 10/12/2012
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I purchased this car 2 weeks ago and we have nearly 1000 miles on it already. We are generally very pleased with it. It has a ton of room in the front and rear seats. It is very quiet, the ride is excellent and the handling is capable. We anticipate the fuel mileage will be in the 40 range when we stop playing with it. Currently we are getting 36MPH in mixed driving. The controls are well thought out but the Lexus Enform and Navigation Tech is taking a little getting use to. I hope they will update the software with some better navigation of the menus. But the Tech is still very cool. The Hybrid system rocks! Changes from motor to battery with hardly a notice! Its a keeper.

First time hybrid owner

johnnyrainbow, 07/04/2013
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Up until now, hybrids looked like, well.....hybrids. Little bug like vehicles that got great mileage but that's where it stopped. This thing, this 300h, has the looks, reliability, fuel efficiency, comfort and luxury we've been waiting for. Being only $2,500.00 more than it's gas only brother, the ES350, Lexus did us a great favor. The extra dollars spent up front really gets made up in the great fuel economy in just a few years, versus 10-12 years with a lot of hybrids. As of today, 1/10/17, I have to say my ratings all hold true. Still a very reliable, enjoyable car to have. No issues whatsoever. As of today, 7/11/17, we still own the Lexus 300h and it has been trouble free and we have put very little into the car except to keep up with the maintenance schedule. If I were looking for a used car in the luxury category, I would really consider this car. 1/9/18: Still very satisfied with this car. No issues at all. The most trouble free car we have owned over the last 38 years. As far as buying a used 2013 Lexus 300h, I would do it in a heartbeat.

About what I expected

socal21st, 11/27/2013
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've been driving this car for about three months now and I finally feel as if I'm qualified to write a review. I'm coming from a BMW 525i 2005 model. Overall it compares favorably. It's not as sporty as a BMW. Signature Lexus features such as mushy steering, floaty suspension and certain accents you know they got from a Toyota. I paid $47k out the door for the luxury option model with heated/cooled seats, parking assist, side sensors, smart cruise control, voice command, GPS, etc. About the mileage. I'm getting 37 on the city and 42 on the highway for about 39-40 combined. You need to learn how to drive this car for efficiency if you want the full hybrid mileage advantages.

Lexus surprises me again

jay24, 06/11/2013
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery of this car recently for my wife. This is the third Lexus I have owned in the last 20 years. The car has attributes that aren't discussed in reviews. Example it emits an purposeful sound when driving slowly in EV mode to alert pedestrians to your presence. The stereo without the Mark Levinson upgrade is impressive especially with a whisper quiet interior. As to noise levels, Lexus has not insulated us from outside sounds but dialed them down somehow. I like the ratcheted head rests but the front drivers seat is the worst on trips I have ever had. I see no need for a gear shift yet one is there. Interior lighting is dynamic in that evidently it changes depending on what you are doing. I traded the car in early, the only time in my life I have done so because the front seats were miserable for my average build. I have never gotten such a terrible back ache from a drivers seat like this before. I do not know if it is because it is a hybrid that they reduced support in seats to save weight or not. Good news is when I traded it in it got top dollar.

First time Lexus and Hybrid Owner - former "German-Only" car buyer

g007, 09/30/2012
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was in the market for a vehicle that had a roomy back seat and good fuel economy and AWD or front-wheel drive for driving in snow. I had a VW CC and looked at the Passat Diesel and Audi A8L. I've owned only German vehicles because I like how they drive (Mercedes GL320, Porsche Boxter, VW Touareg, CC, and GTI). The new 2013 Lexus ES300 caught my eye because of the 40 inch rear leg room, and 40 mpg in city and highway. Plus, it uses regular fuel. My German cars required premium fuel and diesel is not always convenient. I never cared for the Lexus styling as I thought it was rather bland. However, the new horizontal dash resembles the BMW styling and is much more stylish than the VW.

12345...7