Used 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Love my Rover Sport
By BEH

2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE Td6 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I previously owned an Evoque. I loved it so much I wanted another Rover when it was time to upgrade. We chose the Sport since it would fit all our gear when taking family road trips. It’s a great car, super smooth and has all the bells and whistles. Plus the warranty is probably the best on the market.

The Super SUV
By Jack

2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

Make a deal off of the MSRP

4 Rovers in - Best one yet!
By DLC

2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

The awesome wheels have a knack for easily meeting those pesky curbs. Get the Wheel Insurance if offered.

5 months and 5k miles (Updated 17k miles)
By BostonRRS99

2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

So Edmunds was nice enough to send me an email asking for an update on my 16' RRS and I thought, why not? I actually traded the RRS in after 14 months and 17k miles. Overall, I loved the RRS. Incredible performance, handled great, gas milage was 21, seating was great/comfortable, Meridian sound was spectacular and generally speaking, a joy to drive in all types of weather. On longer road trips the RRS was very comfortable. I have a son in college 500 miles away (round trip) who played football, so 10 times (over 2 fall seasons) we did the trip - best ride and the RRS loved to settle in at about 78mph; quiet as a church mouse and stuck to the road like a bad reputation. The only issue I had was squeaky brakes (yes, you read that right); the high pitched everyone looks at you type. After 4 trips to the dealer, they finally got an "upgraded" set of pads (at 14k miles) from the motherland that didn't squeak. This was incredibly frustrating experience as RR knows or knew they had this issue, yet made me go through the steps and time for what should have been resolved the first time. My only other gripes (one which was changed for 17's on) was the small infotainment screen and the lack of storage. I can't believe a vehicle of this size has such limited storage up front and the hatch was rather small (my wife's ML350 has more space in the back). The short version of the review - if you want an SUV that handles like a Porsche 911 (well almost), feels incredibly safe/comfortable, accelerates like a rocket ship yet can go anywhere in any weather - get a RRS. Oh and I traded mine in for a GMC Sierra Ultimate Denali - just needed something more capable at hauling stuff (see storage gripe) around yet was great on road trips.

Luxury economy suv
By Bagman

The rrs diesel so far is very enjoyable to drive. Very comfortable ride and seating is also comfortable. The fuel mileage and range with the diesel is terrific with good acceleration and torque. My biggest complaint with the car is the primitive electronics! For an $ 80,000 care Land Rover should be ashamed of the infotainment system. If you went to a Honda CR-V or Ford Escape for 1/3 of the price you would have much, much better systems.

I still love the fuel mileage that the diesel give me. The ride, handling, and comfort are excellent. Cost of service visit is ridiculously high! The nav/entertainment system is inferior to almost any vechicle on the market. I think that it may have been updated for 2017.