Used 2011 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

A reliable and well-built car.
By LEONARD WOOD

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it at 33k miles for a fair price. It has been a pleasure to own. Biggest issue I have is that I live in the arctic north and it does not do well in snow and ice. Even with new brakes and tires I have had issues. Otherwise it is a great value. Decent on gas- not great. Good handling.

first car for daughter
By Joe C.

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

not the best mileage out there, but a safe, fun entry level car, never been in the shop except for service. Would buy another in a heartbeat!

Safety Latch for Hood Failed
By Gabby

2011 Kia Soul Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just turned 16 and got a car, red Kia soul, for my birthday. One week later, when driving on a highway at 57mph my hood flew up. My safety latch failed to do anything. My warranty is only a couple miles over. Thankfully my windshield did not crack by I am left with huge and costly dents in roof and hood. Thankfully when this occurred my dad happened to be driving. Being the new driver that I am, I probably would have swerved from the loud and shocking impact and killed myself and others. The damage cost $4,910 and Kia will not help. I had read numerous accounts of this same situation happening to others on other sites and I myself have reported a recall request for the safety latch. Kia needs to do something!! Also, another defect (not as important or major) is that the cigarette lighter and USB port doesn't work. My guess is that it has something to do with the fuse box. Be warned and check your safety latch for rust or any other malfunctions and lubricate properly.

yours forever
By doug

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car has no resale value. Don't buy it unless you plan on keeping it or taking a big hit on resale / trade in value.

Bambi
By Melissa Ewbank

2011 Kia Soul Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Road noise is a factor to think about this has a great ride comfortable fast heating and cooling virtually no blind spots while driving great seat adjustment mirros give great coverage very peppy that is why I named the car Bambi after my Grandmother

after having this for over a year could not have gotten a better used car very versitile