2021 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews

$16,050

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Peppy Hatchback!

Saif A., 07/10/2021
S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

These cars are indeed a dying breed. Everyone wants an SUV or a sports car, so the hatchback segment has been shrinking in America. In Europe its a different story, hatchbacks are everywhere...but I don't live in Italy, I live in L.A. so here are my thoughts. The Hatchback version is the one you want. The sedan is a smaller, uglier Forte, so avoid it. The power is average for the segment, and so is the comfort. If you're looking at this car for superior driving dynamics, or superior speed, keep looking; this isn't the car for you. The legroom is fantastic (I'm 6 foot 4) and so are the simple a/c and temp controls. The hidden gem here is the touchscreen and WIRELESS Apple Car Play/Android Auto. Thats standard with the car. The hatchback is tiny and you can park anywhere in L.A. with it. The seats fold down if you need to shlep a bunch of gear around. Can't beat the 5 year 60k mile bumper to bumper warranty; 100k drivetrain. That makes me feel good knowing if something goes wrong, Im covered for years. I think its the best bang for the buck out there. Oh yeah, its one of the few new cars available for under $20k. I love it.

5 out of 5 stars

So happy with my Kia Rio!

Ciccia, 07/21/2021
S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

The care is pretty well equipped for such a small vehicle, and it's great on gas mileage. I have a back issue, and with a cushion, I'm fine. It doesn't have a very powerful engine, but steers and responds well. AC is great. As a conveniently-priced car for running around town, it's perfect...just what I wanted as I sized-down...and it's cute! Very pleased with my purchase.

Loud cabin

Th, 08/31/2021
S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I drove a rental quite a bit. Power was good.lt got 44 mpg, which surprised me. Air conditioning was fine. The beefs- too loud on all but the smoothest roads. Only the Fiat was worse. Non-telescoping steering wheel.

Plenty of pep

Doug, 11/01/2021
S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Great little car looks and styling. Very responsive!