Used 2007 Kia Rio Wagon Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

An average car. Not special. Not Junk.
By JRH

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Owned: Bought new at dealer 2007. Still own and run today. Lived in CO, WV, GA, MN, and VA with this car. Offroad, cities, and highways. Cons: Rear tire camber means I must rotate every 5k and no less. Often inner edges of tires destroyed before main tread of tire. 5 sets of tires in 102,000 miles. Misfires on occasion ever since purchase, but never fully stranded. Keep cranking' and it starts. Front wheel bearing started thudding down the road at 95k. All belts replaced at 75k. Spark plugs at 75k (Boche platinum now, but occasional misfires continued). Have to be on the highway to get good gas mileage; city and winding mountain roads dramatically dents mpg figures below EPA estimates. Radio volume knob stopped functioning around 80k. Battery at 45k (Haven't replaced autocraft gold since first replacement) Rear window seals rotted at 45k (used silicone to patch). EVAP solenoid failed around 45k. Pros: Never stranded me despite rual mountains roads, snow and ice, high elevation, and extreme temperatures. Mpg on highway is around 30. Summary: if you want a nice car you'll pay for it. You could get a cheaper car than this, but this is about the bottom of the barrel within cars market so if you don't have a good income a Kia is a nice trade-off between cost and quality. Unlike a used car my first 40k of ownership was flawless (except tires at 20k and the occasional misfire tripping the check engine light).

Excellent Car
By Michiganpastor

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car brand new and now have over 106,000 miles on it. I've had almost no problems. I replaced 2 wheel bearings and just now changed the front brake pads which still had life in them! I changed the timing belt at 60,000 by choice. It hadn't broken. That's it. Everything else (except the tires) are original. Gas mileage is low 30s. They told me I'd get 40mpg but that doesn't happen. I have an automatic by the way. And yesterday I hit a deer broadside at 55 mph and the car just kept on going! Never even knocked it out of lane. I was flabbergasted. It's $3100 in damage but I can still drive it. So far it's been one of the best cars I ever bought.

Reliability. It's been amazing.

Find a way to up the gas mileage. It's not bad but something this small should do at least high 30s on the highway. Oh, and the option for a outside temperature gauge and compass would be nice too!

In love with my little Rio!
By rachelheartsrio

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with about 17,000 miles on it. In 8 months of my long commute, I'm up to 31,000- with no problems! This car is sporty, fun to drive, and very reliable. The design is exactly what I was looking for- compact, but cute and spacious on the inside. I get compliments all the time, and I love to brag about the great gas mileage and performance of this little car. My only complaint is it struggles over the passes (I live in Colorado), but I think any 4 cylinder would! All in all this is an excellent vehicle-- great value for your money!

The arm rest for the driver is a nice feature. I also love how spacious the interior is! I can comfortably fit 4 adults. The sound system is also very nice, considering it's the original factory installed one. Great quality!

Honestly I'm very pleased with my little car! Can't think of anything I would change.

I love this little car!
By Mom of two

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This little car has continued to impress. My SX Rio5 had the power and sport packages which turned heads. It has been SO FUN TO DRIVE, so sporty/adorable and the gas mileage is the envy of all my friends and complete strangers who ask and gasp about the excellent MPG! I have enjoyed this car for three years now and have been spoiled by my exceptional dealership. Whenever taking my car in for warranty service or an oil change, I'd get a complimentary ride to work and back; they'd even give me a free car wash and replace lightbulbs in a jiffy. I now find myself needing a roomier car (minivan w/ a growing family of 4). I'm sad to let go of my trusty friend; he was so reliable and kept me safe!

Highway driving, MPG, Sporty and adorable look and feel, fun to drive and can park anywhere. In winter, heats up fast and safe on snow/ice. It is the perfect little car that you can take anywhere and not feel pretentious but still look and feel cool driving it. So SAFE & RELIABLE - more than a man!!

A couple years into ownership, I bought bad gas from a crummy gas station (bad side of town); I think it had water in it. It messed up the engine, 4th cylinder, and had to have it replaced. The dealership fixed it but not sure if it was an engine issue or gas issue. They fixed airbag light defect.

rio 5
By cheryl

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I drive mostly hwy and getting about 38 mpg. Miss power windows and locks, but love the mpg. No problems. Had an Optima for 4 years and had no problems at all either.