Used 2014 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Headlights are my only issue with this car
By rachel

2014 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The headlights are not the greatest they are not bright and there is a distance line that it makes it very hard to see ahead at night and when one light goes out they both go out.

Long time driver
By P. Nikolov

2014 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Many extras for less money!

Loved this car until...
By Christine David

2014 Kia Optima Sedan SXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my car “certified used” still smelt brand new, only had 13k miles on it. Looked to be in mint condition. Loved it! I only had it for a little over a year. I took GOOD car of my baby since this was the first car I was able to buy 100% on my own at the age of 32. This past May I just dropped my two kids off at school, just jumped on the highway to go to work. This particular day it was mild out in New England. It wasn’t quite roll down your windows mild, but open the slider for your panoramic sun roof let the sun shine come in kinda mild day. So I did. Wasn’t going highway speed yet, considering I was still on the one lane highway I was approximately driving 50 mph following a good distance behind another car, had two cars behind me. I was looking down at my car radio because my iPod suddenly stopped (my car sometimes did that) radio dock was recalled but passed the timeframe (cause I just bought my car to have it replaced under factory warranty so I had to bite the bullet there, and make due) oh well, I digress. — So I was driving looking down at my radio (good thing too) because just as I passed a transport truck coming from the opposite direction from me I hear this LOUD explosion. I was like OMG that truck must’ve blown a tire or something. Then the realization that pieces of glass was falling down all over me, and inside my car hit. I immediately looked in my rear view mirror to see if it was okay for me to pull over, and I did. I was shaking, I glanced quickly up seen a huge hole in my sun roof above my head. I then recalled reading about sun roofs spontaneously exploding. I was like just my luck it happened to me two weeks later after reading that. I drive to the closest exit still having glass falling in on me. I had to get off the corner of this highway. I call my husband with the call button on the steering wheel afraid to move because I don’t know what size chunk of glass just slid down my back. I didn’t want it to puncture me. I say with a quivering voice “I’m on exit 18 at the park, and ride get her as fast as you can the sun roof just exploded on me I’m covered in glass”. He left our showroom locked the doors didn’t turn off the lights, and got to me in under 15 minutes which should’ve been a 25 minute drive. I got out of my car, and was completely covered in glass, glass splinters, and shards. My car was covered in the same. The glass looked like the explosion happened from the inside out the way the glass was bumped out. I called AAA they drove it over an hour away to the closest Kia. Long story short... I didn’t get my car back for a whole month. First Kia tried to blame me, said I did it. Or a rock hit it or someone tossed something at my car. They had people investigate the highway looking for bumps, or road construction (there wasn’t any) they FINALLY said we’ll fix it for free but we can’t say we’re responsible or liable for the damages. Because then they could be sued. I had to pay out of pocket $50/day for a rental (which they have yet to reimburse me for like they said they would) . They removed the glass put in the new one only to find out there was now issues with the track. Had to wait for word if they’d replace those. They did, oh by the way I also needed a new car battery which I had to pay for. I repeatedly asked them to keep me updated which they didn’t. I repeatedly had to call them. I asked them to kindly vaccume the inside of the car to rid it of the small glass. They told me they would. I go to pick up my car, and find the glass still inside. I freaked out on the guy. It now just turned August, and I’m still waiting to be reimbursed. We called a few times, and left messages only to go unanswered. I’m considering contacting a lawyer now. I’m petrified to drive in my car now especially around trucks. Also, inside my car there was scratches, grease stains on the inside and outside of my car, and it smells like feet now. Kia needs to take care of their customers, and they clearly don’t. I don’t recommend them whatsoever. Looking to trade in my car now.

Wmckay65
By W mckay

2014 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Get the turbo...car is little sluggish

2014
By Paul Luszcz

2014 Kia Optima Sedan SXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great ride