Used 2011 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Optima for Sale
Select your model:
12345...22

Pros
Cons

Great car for anyone with realistic expectations

titan415, 11/03/2011
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm always interested to see how people react to things. Some people drive this car and see it for what it is: a great value and a really good car. And then there are those to say that it's not a good car because they have driven, owned, or dreampt of better. You'll see plenty of those reviews here and other places. The reality is that this car is great for the money, offers a huge range of features, has a warranty that should allay any fears about the uknown, and, finally, it looks hot. It's not a perfect car, true. The wide c-pillar creates a blind spot, the engine isn't V6 smooth, and it's true that the seats aren't the best. But nits aside, this is a seriously good car.

The most for the least

bflem83, 08/02/2011
SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my 03 Rio last week... says a buddy, "you went from a KIA to an Infinity??" No, this IS a KIA! This car meets and beats my expectations. The power of a six cylinder with the efficiency of four, this thing is a beast on the road, whether trying to pass or just have fun. I have the SX turbo with luxury package. Corners are incredible, and the ride is MUCH smoother than i expected based on other comments (what, were you driving through feathers before??), and i still cant believe the power behind it (274HP?!). The interior is incredibly elegant, with attention on the driver, and the panoramic roof, wow. Bumper to bumper, this car will have you feeling much richer than you actually are

Test drive review

canreda6, 01/07/2011
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been test driving the 2011 Sonata and Optima. Optima looks like an Infiniti or Audi and offers features the Sonata doesn't like hill start assist and dual exhaust on all trims. I am leaning towards the Optima and I really want to buy a manual trans, but Kia decided, in a truly bizarre move, to not allow you to get cruise control with the manual trans. Otherwise the car is excellent. Very good acceleration and you can't hear the valve train noise like you can on the Sonata which is nice. Also seems like the suspension is more upscale than the Sonata. No options allowed or a turbo with a manual trans?? Change the packaging and they would steal sales from BMW/Audi and others...

Bang for the Buck

mja2, 06/07/2011
SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my SX for app. 3 weeks. Zero Complaints so far. Gas mileage in regular mode is in the neighbor hood of 26 MPG mixed driving. If I am gentle in ECO mode I have gotten 29mpg under the same conditions. Acceleration to 60 is good , acceleration above 60 is very impressive, it might even scare you alittle. Overall quality seems very good. I have the basic stereo and the sound is crystal, I can only imagine the upgraded version. The only negative so far is when I start it first thing I hear a faint rattle in the exhaust.

7,000 mile update

ggunderson2, 06/03/2011
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just finished a Highway trip of 350 miles each way thru hilly country. Average MPG of 37.8!!! Seats remained comfortable, ride was quiet. I have owned a new car every other year for at least 20 years and have NEVER gotten as many compliments for any other car. The other day a gas station attendent ran out to ask questions. Not a single rattle or any maintenance to-date. You really should look at this car as it cannot be touched at this price!

12345...22