Used 2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Optima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons

Kia Magentis 2004 Model

alfybio, 09/02/2011
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have found this car great value for my almost meagre spend on it. The car starts effortlessly, almost before the ignition is turned, it's silent, and just purrs when running. In motion it is very stable, and appears to bounce when it hits a bump.

Worst car of my life

Richard, 08/29/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2004 Kia Optima is a very poorly constructed vehicle and buying this car was a very regrettable choice. It was my first Kia and definitely the last! Edmunds was listing this car as "excellent." Where these "raving" reviews come from are a mystery; whoever is providing the information making the 2004 Kia Optima look so good, in my opinion, is absolutely lying through their teeth with inaccurate information. Believe me, nothing is good about this car, except maybe it looks "pretty." My 2004 Kia Optima has given me nothing but problems from the day I purchased it and drove it home. I had it for almost one year and nine months. Maintaining it was constant stress on my wallet with tire, mechanical, heating, transmission, and electrical issues. I was amazed at how everything was cheaply made and how easily everything breaks consistently. When jacking up the car, the frame will actually bend. I put at too much of my hard earned money into keeping this lemon on the road. Finally, enough was enough & sold this poor excuse for a car for a huge loss. But the beauty of my sad story is this "nightmare" is finally out of my hair. I will never drive another Kia again, even if it is given to me for free. I feel sorry for those who invest a large amount of money into buying a new Kia. Do not buy a Kia! ***Update 6/12/2021:*** Still remember that lemon! The problem was I bought it from some shyster who picks up cheap junk at auctions and dolls them up to resell for a profit. This kia must have been on its last leg and run down to the ground with the previous owner. Unlucky for me to run into this pos letting it fall into my lap being an impulsive buyer. Because of this, I will never buy another Kia again!

It stinks

sjspiva, 05/20/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had trouble out of it ever since the belt broke, left me strand on the side of road with out warning. I had no power on the car, shut down everything. Broke the motor support now the power steering is messed up. The mess up rack and pinon ad to clean out hold system and do for wheel alignment and this leaves me without a vehicle and 661.00 in debt on disability I think it stinks oh yeah buy a Kia

Don't Do It.....

ramon, 09/18/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my first Kia in 2004, Optima Lx,4 cyl, numerous problems, radio went out, power steering hose leaked, windshield wiper motor out, timing belt defective, overheating problem not yet fixed, had trouble passing emissions, crank sensor went out(which shuts down motor completely) Will never buy a Kia again.

2004 kia optima lx v6!!!!

AHartman90, 03/03/2010
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my kia in April 2009 I have had no problems with it so far it is a realy Nice car I put a high flow intake and a cherry bomb in it and it gave me a little better performance... The head lights keep going out but thats it with problems. I didn't like kias befor I got this on I have about 180-185 and 140-145 foot lbs of torque! I highly recommend the 2004 kia optima for anyone!

12345...32