2017 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Nice car but
By FrankJ

2017 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The exterior looks more high end than it is. If you’re tall or to put it mildly heavyset the car is not easy to get in and out of. The major complaints are few. The transmission feels confused and sometimes holds a gear a little too long. The road noise is too much at times. The Bluetooth is not always on point where it forgets devices the gas mileage is great on 2 lane roads getting as high as 50 mpg. The car has a cavernous trunk for a smaller car the cost to service the car is easy the dealership is supportive and friendly. There isn’t much to complain about. The reliability is amazing, the car is fantastic in snow. It is value packed for the money yet there are better cars to be had none immediately come to my mind.

AWESOME CAR
By George

2017 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

have had car for year and half haven't had a single problem with it.get 36mpg.great entry level car.i have always driven toyotas but incredibly impressed with this car.

Problems
By Steve

2017 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2017 Kia forte. I have read about transmission problem and missing problems. I had these problems as well. My car has 78000 miles on it. I am a lift driver that is the reason I have so many miles on it. Anyways I don't know if this will help anyone. But I took it to the dealer and was told I needed a three point fuel claening. Had that done witch I am Shure I needed anyways. I changed the spark plugs witch looked real bad. Still trans and shaking continue. Kia kept checking into it. They told me it was the upper right hand motor mount. I still didn't think this would solve the problem. Went and picked up a motor mount and had it put in as a result it solved all the shaking and the transmission is fine. The car is running as the day in took it off the lot. Very happy. Thanks to Jack at Lincolnwood Kia. Hope this review is helpful to someone 😁

Suprisingly good car
By Dan Davis

2017 Kia Forte Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've been traveling a great deal and this is one of my favorite small rental cars. Electronics/entertainment with the upgraded S model are great, with a very functional Apple CarPlay. Climate controls are simple and easy to use. Handling, the car has very easy turning and control. In the S trim, I felt a significant difference from the LX. This is probably due to the alloy rims and wider tires on the S vs the LX. I would definitely opt for an S if I were in the market for this type of car. It's great for non freeway roads, parking, small turning radius, things you want if you're looking for a runabout or short freeway hop vehicle. Response from the engine is good up to normal speeds, a bit sluggish once you start trying to pass people at 70+ (or around 80) as is common in larger metro areas. As the engine is not a turbo, there's no turbo lag and power delivery is very smooth. Excellent gas mileage too. Seating in small cars is usually a big deal for me, as I'm a bit overweight. However, this was very comfortable compared to other small cars. There is only one car in this category I've liked better (excluding the Accent, which is essentially the same) after driving a slew of similar vehicles from many manufacturers, and that was the Chevy Cruze. The Cruze has more power, more style, and better electronics. However, Cruze also has auto engine stop and a small displacement turbo, which may be maintenance issues in the future. It's also slightly more expensive.

#Happykiadriver
By #Happykiadriver

2017 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2017 Kia forte very happy been buying Kia’s for the past 20 years at Joe Myers.Go ask Alex.