2017 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Suprisingly good car
By Dan Davis

2017 Kia Forte Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've been traveling a great deal and this is one of my favorite small rental cars. Electronics/entertainment with the upgraded S model are great, with a very functional Apple CarPlay. Climate controls are simple and easy to use. Handling, the car has very easy turning and control. In the S trim, I felt a significant difference from the LX. This is probably due to the alloy rims and wider tires on the S vs the LX. I would definitely opt for an S if I were in the market for this type of car. It's great for non freeway roads, parking, small turning radius, things you want if you're looking for a runabout or short freeway hop vehicle. Response from the engine is good up to normal speeds, a bit sluggish once you start trying to pass people at 70+ (or around 80) as is common in larger metro areas. As the engine is not a turbo, there's no turbo lag and power delivery is very smooth. Excellent gas mileage too. Seating in small cars is usually a big deal for me, as I'm a bit overweight. However, this was very comfortable compared to other small cars. There is only one car in this category I've liked better (excluding the Accent, which is essentially the same) after driving a slew of similar vehicles from many manufacturers, and that was the Chevy Cruze. The Cruze has more power, more style, and better electronics. However, Cruze also has auto engine stop and a small displacement turbo, which may be maintenance issues in the future. It's also slightly more expensive.

#Happykiadriver
By #Happykiadriver

2017 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2017 Kia forte very happy been buying Kia’s for the past 20 years at Joe Myers.Go ask Alex.

Lemon Forte
By Joseph

2017 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this P.O.S Forte on May 27 2017 at first it was a good car then six months into owning it the car began to act funny I took it to the dealer they did nothing so a few months later it just went downhill. Some days it wouldn't accelerate good and it was not cranking right. Then on June 17 2018 the engine light came on and flashed six times which is a sign that something wasn't good. I took it to the dealer and they thought it was the ignition coils they changed them and I left the lot. An hour later the engine light came back on and I took it back wound up being the whole engine was useless. The cylinder misfire is common knowledge to KIA but they won't recall the car hopefully I will be getting rid of this car soon. I will never buy a Kia again.

Great low price car
By Scott

2017 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Fuel mileage can be better overall if you're going to spend less than 25000 on a car this will be the one to buy did you get the e x with a plus package it is a great car for the price

Great Value the Forte Shines
By Russ B.

2017 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2017 Kia Forte is a great value for it's class. The only shortcoming I have with the car is it could use a bit more power. But I am willing to sacrifice that for the excellent gas mileage I am getting. The Forte is eye catching and the interior is spacious and comfortable. I have never owned a Kia before but I must say it has not disappointed me. It rides well and stops very well due to the 4 wheel disc brakes. It does have a firm ride but not too firm. The trunk is huge and there is ample room for passengers in the rear seating area. The steering is quick and responsive. Road noise is acceptable for this class as well. All in all a great little car I plan to have for sometime to come.