2020 Kia Cadenza Sedan Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $1,914
Select your model:

My Second Cadenza

KenW-LV, 10/24/2020
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

I just leased a 2020 Kia Cadenza Limited at the end of a lease on a 2017 Cadenza Premium with the luxury option package that added the panoramic roof, Harman Kardon stereo, and other safety features. My experience was good enough to come back for more. Good features: The spacious cabin has lots of rear seat leg room. The ride is comfortable and fairly quiet. My gas mileage on the 2017 averaged almost 25 mpg in my combined highway/city driving. On longer road trips with open roads, it easily averaged up to 33-35 mpg. Perhaps not the greatest mileage, but for a car of this size I was very pleased. I really like the panoramic roof - in fact, the reason I looked at the Cadenza in 2017 was because the other car I considered didn't offer it that year. The interior quality is overall good - nice look and feel. In my years with the 2017, there was only one service issue, a sensor caused the check engine light to come on and was replaced, and there were a couple of recalls - overall a very reliable vehicle. I hope I have the same experience with the 2020. Not so good: Drivers seat in the 2017 could have used a bit more padding, but with the power adjustments, it wasn't unbearable. I believe the 2020 is more comfortable - especially since I opted for the more luxurious Limited model. It's not the most engaging vehicle to drive, but it will get there in relative comfort and safety. Selecting the sport mode adds a little more pizzazz to the drive, but also costs in terms of fuel economy. The rear seatbacks don't fold down, there is a passthrough in the center, but that may be a problem for some people. The trunk is pretty good size, but there are times I wished the seats folded. Overall, the Cadenza is an underrated near luxury vehicle. I have driven some higher end brands, and for my money, I like the Cadenza. I don't need the brand cachet of "certain" brands, and make no apologies for driving a Kia. I have had overall good sales/service/ownership experiences with Kia. The Technology model is well equipped and I think it's a good value - I couldn't get the color I wanted in the Technology, thus went for the Limited this time. If you're looking for a comfortable, safe larger near luxury vehicle, the Cadenza is perhaps worth a look. There are vehicles with more pizzazz but it delivers comfort, reliability and safety at a fair price. 6 Month UPDATE: I'm still happy with the Cadenza. The improvements of 2020 over my 2017 make the car even more of a pleasure to drive. I'm a little disappointed with performance, but it has plenty of power for most driving situations. The large sedan segment is not popular right now and the Cadenza has never gained much traction in the American market, thus won't be back in 2021.Yes, it could do what it does a bit better, but overall it's a solid choice for a vehicle of its size and features.

Amazing Car

Cole, 11/13/2020
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

This is my 4th Hyundai/Kia product but my first ever new vehicle. Overall I am very impressed, material quality is excellent and very feature rich. If you are wanting a car that is comfortable AND SPORTY, this is NOT the car for you, look at a Stinger instead. This car was designed and built for comfort. There is considerable body roll and the suspension is plush. Not bad things at all but some may find it as a surprise. I do have a couple gripes, mainly features they took away and or left out from last years model and the Korean Spec K7 Premier as it’s called over there. On the SXL 2019 there were a few things that were standard that have been dropped from this model. 1. Auto dimming side mirrors 2. Power open/close trunk 3. LED Fog lamps The Korean spec has a lot nicer equipment as standard. I know why they do it, but come on! We like all those touches too even if its in a smaller package! Features left off of the US spec Cadenza: 1. LED front turn signals 2. Full digital instrument cluster 3. Quilted door panel inserts 4. Front parking sensors 5. Power rear window sunshade 6. Manual rear door window sunshades All aside, I would highly recommend this car. Unparalleled value and literally the worlds best warranty. Cannot wait to get my hands on the new Sorento!

BEST CAR EVER

Al Bretz, 06/24/2021
Technology 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

This 202 Kia Cadenza (my second one) is the most comfortable driving and dependable sedan on the road today, for the money! You won't be disappointed with purchasing the vehicle. : ) Regards, Al Bretz