2014 Kia Cadenza Consumer Review: Cadenza review brief update

2014 Kia Cadenza - Consumer Review

Cadenza review brief update
By 6406nb on

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I returned the car a few months ago. I think if you like a certain brand stick with it. This was a cool car but it was not what I would call a luxury experience. There were several things that came up during the lease and down time with rattles and other replacements like the driver's seat belt, steering wheel electronics and back up camera turned into weeks in the shop. The I Agree on the nav screen every time starting out turned into over 5,000 I agrees over the life of the lease. It was almost perfect at lease turn in but it wasn't inspected for two weeks and there were several charges that took some major effort with the selling dealer and the factory to waive. The factory was immovable on this, so my only conclusion is they must have a lot of deadbeat customers or something wrecking their leased cars. But i did like it so asked if I could lease another for two years. However since it depreciated like a boat anchor, even the selling dealer had nothing to offer in terms of worthwhile incentives for a new one. They had no choice but to send it to the auction because there was no equity in keeping it or buying out the lease. So in conclusion they had a chance at keeping a customer relationship but lost it after just one lease experience.

• Logic of controls

• Navigation
  • Repair frequency
  • Transmission
  • Resale value

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By bb126543
on 08/25/13 15:11 PM (PDT)

I think a nicely equipped Cadillac CTS is a far better vehicle than KIA Cadenza why would anyone want to spend nearly $ 40,000 on a KIA

By bobandsherry
on 03/14/14 17:30 PM (PDT)

Regarding the passenger seat being low in Cadenza - that was a concern we had when we looked at the Cadenza. Wife is 5'4" and said she doesn't feel like she's sitting any lower than other cars she drives in. Regarding the Cadillac CTS, got my Cadenza Limited, so with every bell and whistle available, for just a touch over $35K. You aren't touching a CTS for price of Cadenza with similarly equipped vehicle. I did test drive the CTS and it feels very cramped compared to the Cadenza. CTS has shorter/less legroom (front and rear), headroom, hip room and shoulder room. It was also more difficult to get out of. So if paying more and getting less is what you want, by all means the CTS is the right choice.

By mfer3
on 05/15/14 09:04 AM (PDT)

When the Kia Cadenza was first introduced last year, my wife and I were convinced this was the next car for us. We had owned 4 other Kia's since 2004 and were excited to drive the Cadenza based on the many positive reviews that we read. We were prepared to purchase and drive home the Cadenza that day. When we did actually did drive the vehicle, we both were very quickly impressed overall. However, we soon discovered that the passanger seat had no height adjustment while Hyundai's Azera, a sister vehicle, offers an 8-way passenger seat for the premium package. How can a "Luxury" vehicle have such a minimal option (4-way) for all of the persons who would normally occupy a vehicle? I wrote a letter to KIA with regard to this issue and they did respond. One can only hope that this issue gets addressed in the 2015 version of the Cadenza. Needless to say, we did not purchase the Cadenza.