Used 2015 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Get Mud crickets and look cool doing it
By Eddie

2015 Jeep Wrangler SUV Willys Wheeler 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Willys Wheeler is realy the ebst namg for the buck. Doesnt have all the electronic crap or bells and whistles rhe Sahara and Rubicon have, and isnt as basic as a sport. Built for the level 2 off roader/commuter it will go anywhere a Rubicon can with ease. If you have children, get the 4 door, the 2 doors backseat is only good for groceries.Lift it and youll have a Big Willy.

Finally getting off the beaten path
By Jason

2015 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

There first week I bought this I took it camping with some friends up in the mountains. Only stock Jeep in the bunch. Came back with scratches on every shift plate. No other stock vehicle could have made it.

A jeep is a jeep - with upgrades
By Matt Pitzer

2015 Jeep Wrangler SUV Willys Wheeler 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

You definitely need to know what you're getting into with a jeep. There are reasons to love and hate this vehicle so it really depends on your personality and what you will use it for. Yes it will bounce you around and does not have the best acceleration, braking, steering, safety but it is awesome to be able to take it on the beach/snow/off roading and take the doors and top off. The willys trim looks great with the upgraded tires and rims. Also has awesome interior upgrades for a Jeep like upgraded sound system, power windows, power locks, etc.. If your looking for a vehicle with Jeep capabilities to have a great time with the Willys trim is perfect since it has nice upgrades compared to the Sport but does not cost as much as the Rubicon which you do not really need unless you are going rock climbing. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have considered going for the Unlimited as the 2dr with limited Cargo is a little challenging at times but saving that money was nice too. Again, if all you will be doing is commuting back and forth to work then this vehicle might not be the best pick for you but if you are looking for a fun vehicle, especially in nice weather with being able to take the top and doors off, and have some off roading capabilities, this vehicle is perfect.

After 50k miles watch out
By Paul M

2015 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The Wrangler has a following and it's easy to find out why. This is a fun ride and nothing like it out there in the market. The bad was that the radiator was cracked at 58k miles and not covered, oil leak, many undercarriage rattles and the navigation is shot....none of this covered. Quality sucks to say the least.

Bought it new - owned now for 2 years
By Adam K

2015 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Willys Wheeler 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've always loved Wranglers. No other vehicle gives you the combination of top down/doors off driving and a feeling of total freedom. I purchased a brand new 2015 Jeep 4DR in May of 2015. Since then, I've put on more than 20k miles. I can say that I have not had any mechanical or electrical issues, or any unexpected dealer visits. I have the 6 Sp manual which is a blast to drive. I've averaging 17.5 MPG around town. I opted for the premium soft top (I live in Minnesota) and it is perfectly suited for year round driving even in the cold. The soft top is easy to use and makes it much more convenient to take advantage of nice weather than lugging and stowing the hard top each time you want the top down. Everything you've heard about the loud cabin, etc is true. This isn't a good choice if you are after a smooth and creamy ride and a hushed interior. I drove my Jeep from MN to CO to SD and back to MN pulling a 10 FT pop-up camper. The Wrangler pulled it just fine, but in 6th gear, it's impossible to hold your speed without downshifting. This was a pain when driving through hilly country. But I was also able to hit a few off-road trails (the Jeep is totally stock except for side-steps), and the experience was just amazing. Love my Wrangler. I plan to keep it forever!

UPDATE - June-2016. I still love my jeep and I still have not had any issues with it. I've now added a TerraFlex 2.5 inch lift and 35 inch NItto Ridge Grappler tires, along with LED headlight and taillights. I get lots of compliments when I drive around. I have just over 25k miles on it now. Planning to pull the pop-up out to Montana and Wyoming next summer.