Used 2016 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Don't buy a jeep patriot
By April Maldonado

2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They are lemons. Having my brakes squeak and go almost all the way to the floor board to get it to stop. The jeeps rpm will fly up really high when you are driving normal. It also likes to roll backwards in park. Don't waste your money. This is my 2nd Chrysler, Jeep product and they had to buy my 200 back at 9,000 miles. Beware!!!!

Back Glass
By Ray Treadway

2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Like My 2016 Patriot The Only Problem I Have Is Seeing Out The Back Glass They Should Have Made It Larger. Ray

Great commuter vehicle
By Bill R

2016 Jeep Patriot Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It is what it is: a small practical utility vehicle. It's not for red light racers. I bought from a rental car marketer. It had 35000 miles on it. Had a large truck that couldn't pass a gas station. So far very happy with the Patriot. I will never purchase a new car ever again. I can't afford to pay for their palatial buildings. I got this for $13200 out the door. Local dealer wants $13600 before tag & taxes for a 2013 manual Patriot

Learned about ignition & transmission the hard way
By peter.

2016 Jeep Patriot Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall the patriot does the job nicely. It can crawl across the desert with no real issue. In fact ice and snow it runs like a dream and goes up hills, down hills and stuff that the large and lifted 4x4's cant do. So why the poor review? 1: The CVTY Automatic transmission is highly variable and works like a charm, BUT it CANNOT BE FLAT TOWED (Dinghy Towed). This is towing the vehicle behind another vehicle. Why? Because the transmission is lubricated by the engine running and if the engine is not running the transmission fluid isn't covering parts. As a result, flat towing or dolly towing will destroy the transmission. This means that if rock crawling, desert hopping or snow driving the jeep fails for any reason, it has to be flat bed towed to a dealer. The ignition WCM module is a huge problem and a Google search will reveal page after page of complaints going all the way back to the 2006 model year. The module will fail at any time (usually around 45-50K miles) and is an expensive repair that the DEALER ALONE can do. Why? because the module has to be programmed to the VIN number of the vehicle and the keys have to be programmed to the module. Otherwise the thing wont start. There are other issues with the Uconnect system and the 2017 revelation of the Apple iphone issue also translated to poor or constant disconnect from the radio. This is an apple problem, but because the Uconnect is also very slow on connecting, a turnoff of the vehicle switches the radio back to a radio station and the Bluetooth system disconnects. Overall Jeep put out a relatively decent product with the patriot and would give better reviews if it slved the WCM problem and gave the CVT system a neutral-flat tow capeablitlty.

Don't Waste Your Time and Money
By astra_ferris@hotmail.com

2016 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Was so excited to finally get my first Jeep and go play. Unfortunately this car has been nothing but trouble. Transmission started overheating at 20,000 miles, electric system goes in and out, sometimes my windshield wipers work, sometimes they don't. I have been locked both in and out of my car with the door locks not working. Have been stranded on the side of the road for half hour increments where my car will not work. And this is after it drops from 60-75 miles to hour to 40 miles per hour without warning. I have had my brakes not work when I have used them, almost causing accidents both times. Take it to the dealer to get fixed you say! I have multiple times now, and end up leaving with nothing fixed and them telling me there is nothing wrong with it. Look online though and you can see multiple reviews of people having the same issues. These are the problems I have had so far, then this morning my TMPS started beeping at me and wont go off. However, none of my tires are low or flat. They weren't when it started going off. To top it all of, my seat belt does not consistently lock. it pops out at random, leaving me unprotected in my death trap that was disguised as a new car.