Used 2012 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

My experience with Jeep
By Simone Benac

2012 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The front drivers side seat only goes front to back. There is no seat height adjustment. The center console is too far back making it hard to access. My wipers go on when I use them to signal a turn and the dealership said they don’t know how to fix it. They couldn’t duplicate the problem!

Comfy but no AC
By Dino

2012 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

pros: Good speed when passing and has a good look, The vehicle gives you pride, and seems to hold more than the average. For an SUV that's important... Cons: Slow from the start to accelerate, so if you need speed in a hurry you won't have it, not in a 2.4. Also, this vehicle is not equipped with A/C turns out NONE of the basic patriots are, it's a dealer option! So if you add it,. expect $4000 or more. The maintenance costs outdo a Camaro, $1500 for brakes, struts and shocks.. another $700 for tires! You can goto tire rack and get the cheaper ones if so desired at $70.00 a tire, the Chevy Camaro outdoes this by $60.00 a tire. If I had to buy it all over again, I never would without the A/C. This vehicle has a USB port, but inside the glove box and at an odd angle...! If you drive with just the front windows down you get an annoying "helicopter" sound that is relieved when you crack the back windows a hair. Overall this was poorly designed, for what otherwise would seem to be a great economical vehicle. I get 1-24 MPG regularly and this is my work vehicle so it has adequate room for all of your essentials plus 5 passengers.

Great value, totally reliable
By Gary Mosteller

2012 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle was used as daily commuter as well as weekender for camping, fishing, car topper boating. It also serves as an RV Toad. Pound for pound it has been the most reliable, cheap to own, bang for the buck vehicles I've ever owned.

The little jeep that can!
By fallguy83

2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased our 2012 Patriot in Feb. of 2014. My wife totaled my 2003 Tacoma 4x4 after hitting some black ice and losing control. Thank the Lord my wife was fine other than some bruises and a concussion. We decided we needed something better on gas and with a closed back end to haul things out of the weather. 4 wheel drive is a must since we live on a farm and do get snow in our part of Kentucky often enough. We've put nearly 20k on it in the year we've had it and love it. Has had no issues and like every owner says, don't listen to the magazine and professional reviews. This thing is a great vehicle and value for the money.
After nearly four years of having the Patriot, it's still been an overall great vehicle. Have had to make a few repairs buts it's been mostly wear items, brakes, wheel bearings and one CV shaft. Normal maintenance costs are low. Did have a relay go out that I wasn't able to diagnose myself and had to have it towed in to the shop for repair. No other big issues besides that. Really happy with the cargo space and off road ability of the Patriot. No it's not a Wrangler off-road, but it's very capable for my needs. Awesome in snow, great in mud seeing I only run all season tires on it. Hope to put well over 200,000 miles on the little Jeep.

2012 Patriot 4x2 Latitude - Altitude Edition
By bmckeeman

2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have been considering purchasing a Patriot since they first came out, and since then they have made tons of improvements! I test drove a 2010 did not like it enough to make the commitment.

My last vehicle was an 03 Corolla, so it was quite a change for me. I wanted a car with lots of cargo space and decent mileage, so I looked at some smaller cars like the Fit, Impreza, and XV Crosstrek. I found the Patriot to be the best combo of style, utility, mileage for my tastes. I have wanted a Jeep ever since I was a kid, and the Patriot delivers!

I finally chose a White Altitude Edition, which is an amazing color combo! LOVE my Pat!

Exterior design, utility, its a Jeep! CVT is different, but after the first day I already knew I would like it better than the old 4 speed auto in my Corolla. It is crazy smooth, even though it has the typical CVT "drone" when you merge onto the highway, etc...but not bad at all really. Mileage has been great so far too! About 24 combined, and I drive 80% city. MPGs should improve as the CVT gets broken in. Interior is awesome! Love the layout. Uconnect is pretty good as well. Remote start is the best thing ever to deal with Ohio winters, and heated seats are HOT. Aftermarket availability of parts for Jeeps is great, I have already purchased a few extra add-ons.

I wish the sunroof was not bundled with the Boston Acoustics system. I have always installed my own aftermarket audio solutions, and I dont want to be stuck with an overpriced system just to get a sunroof. View out of the windshield is a little low, so its hard to see traffic lights if you stopped at the line. I have to duck down a bit to see the light, or stay back farther. This isnt necessarily Jeeps fault, but coming from a Corolla the visibility is not as good. Intermitent settings on the wipers are a bit weird. Put in a turbo diesel!