Used 2005 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 408 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

A great surprise
By Chris

2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This Jeep reminds me every day why I love it. Researched it and hunted one down w/ 37000 miles. Great pickup and braking. Real 4wd capibilities. Parks so easily/great visibility. The poor window runners are a money maker for the dealers at $350 each ( all replaced, drivers twice)but not much else. Noisy struts in cold weather. I wish the seats were more adjustable for tall people. However, I’d say this Jeep gives me faith again in American built on reliability alone. It a keeper

How far can she go???
By Winnie

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2005 in 2012 with less than 50,000 miles. She is now at 114,000 and has had normal wear and tear with everyday driving to and from work/play; no mud driving only heavy snow with great handing using 4WD. I recently replaced radiator and fuel pump. I'm hoping to keep her up to 250,000 or more. The best car I've ever had and she has made me committed to 4WD only for now on.

Electrical engineering nightmare.
By Paul Irvin

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Check the electrical system before you purchasing.

Go anywhere do anything SMALL SUV
By Kal

2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Absolutely loved this vehicle except that we out-grew it after having twins... For 10+ years and 150,000 miles my wife, 120lb dog and I used this rig to travel all over North America. Handles 18" of snow, 12" of mud, sand, rocks and river crossings with ease yet pulls 90+mph on the freeway with ease. Tows 4,500lbs comfortably and has enough power / torque for all our needs. Only two repairs in 150K miles of ownership - cracked radiator at 120K mi and fan blower motor, both of which were an easy driveway repair. Very easy and inexpensive to maintain, high quality interior finishes held up well to our abuse, and the exterior looked great for a heavily off-roaded suv. Just wish it was a little larger and more fuel efficient, averaged 17mpg before lifting and 15 mpg after 2.5" lift and larger tires. Overall, this vehicle was driven like it was stolen on a daily basis and never missed a beat.

Realibility is its reality
By Joe Predoti

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Without question, a very reliable and trouble-free suv!